• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

You're trying to apply morality to a literal PNG.

I mean, good luck with that, but it's a steep rabbit hole to go down into. Especially concerning characters that basically look like adults. She isn't real, and technically, neither is her age, nor personality. Even on the moral side, people could use their own headcanon to age her up any time they wish to lewd her. The logic here doesn't hold up, lmao.

Not that you really need to age her up. She doesn't even really have an age, because, again, she's a drawing. Morality goes right out the window when you realize that any traits that a fictional character can have are... (shocker) not real. They're inherently not real, because, again, they're fictional. You can really only make a case for something that is either inherently real or inherently resembles morally dubious material, such as lolita stuff, but that's a whole other can of worms. Uraraka passes all of those criteria, though.

You're effectively arguing for pixels on a screen which is in the same category as people wanting to stab Horikoshi for not wanting to make their favorite ship canon, lol.

And for the record, I think if she were more loliesque, you could make a case here, but in my opinion, outside of that, I think people are just grasping for straws.

And for legal purposes, I am hereby required to state that I do not condone any fixations or possession of any material that is borderline lolita for anything outside of artistic merit.

Anyways, thank you for listening to my TedTalk. Good day to you all.

dHZTecx.png
Weirdo

My god, that episode has me out of breath. Someone at that studio really loves Endeavor I swear.

Endeavor vs AFO was exactly what I wanted to be. Even the fight with the heroes against Shigaraki was far more excited than I expected.

Nice to see the opening in proper HD as well, looks very good. Next episode might actually end on Bakugo's "moment" due to that episode title, which would be 3 chapters. They're really going to leave anime only people on that last shot for one week, it was just one episode away from being the two week break.

Can someone with more knowledge than me answer this lingering question of mine
Your direct question, with no context? Nothing of the sort is stated, he's not an important enough character that we know much about.

However, your question makes little sense to me. How would one be immune to his Quirk in the first place, when his Quirk can't directly effect people?

His Quirk just manifest onomatopoeia to reality, anything else is indirect. Endeavor would be "immune" to an onomatopoeia of fire, but that's not being immune to his Quirk.

Your direct question, with no context? Nothing of the sort is stated, he's not an important enough character that we know much about.

However, your question makes little sense to me. How would one be immune to his Quirk in the first place, when his Quirk can't directly effect people?

His Quirk just manifest onomatopoeia to reality, anything else is indirect. Endeavor would be "immune" to an onomatopoeia of fire, but that's not being immune to his Quirk.
I'm questioning because I was wondering if he could've Electricity Manipulation resistance as he was inside the generator of the Coffin on the Sky and was directly being hit by the electric energy of Kaminari, Yuyu and that random student, being totally unfazed by that. So my first thought was that if he was inmune or resisted his own quirk then there would be no problem resisting the electricity

Wait, I'm actually not sure where this season is gonna end anymore lol. If we're still ending on episode 21, I'm wondering if they'll be able to fit all these fights into 11 episodes. Guess we'll see

The next season might just 13-15 Episodes. But seeing how bones treats MHA, I am not getting my hopes up for the final fight being extended with great animation.

I can't really remember Deku saying "I gotta do this to protect my friends..." as part of the regular story at school.

The closest that I can think of for that is the Dark Deku arc where Deku takes off in order for his classmates not to get directly involved in the fight against All For One.

I'm kinda curious. When Shigaraki used Heavy Payload + Radio Waves + Air Cannon, would that mean that the pressurized air was traveling at the same speed as the Radio waves?

I can't really remember Deku saying "I gotta do this to protect my friends..." as part of the regular story at school.

The closest that I can think of for that is the Dark Deku arc where Deku takes off in order for his classmates not to get directly involved in the fight against All For One.
"I don't want my friends and family to be brutally killed"

"This mf only does one thing."

He's gotta be confusing Fairy Tail with MHA or something. Lol I hear him saying "If I can't do this, how can I call myself a hero?" More than anything

Back