• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Iida confirmed Transonic and pretty much the only characters faster than him is Bakugo, Deku, and Shigaraki.

Everyone else is subsonic.

I do wonder what the hell Hori be thinking with the mach cones or when he had AFO and Gran Torino outspeed their own speech bubbles. Was it just for the razzle dazzle?

Especially Torino cause since Iida is faster than him, a casual Torino should be in no way capable of outspeeding his own voice.

Iida confirmed Transonic and pretty much the only characters faster than him is Bakugo, Deku, and Shigaraki.

I do wonder what the hell Hori be thinking with the mach cones or when he had AFO and Gran Torino outspeed their own speech bubbles. Was it just for the razzle dazzle?

Especially Torino cause since Iida is faster than him, a casual Torino should be in no way capable of outspeeding his own voice.
I don’t think everyone is subsonic. Mirko, Edgeshot, Star etc probably fall into supersonic ranges.

I also highly doubt Horikoshi really thought he was making them supersonic by having them outpace a speech bubble of all things. It very likely was just a stylistic choice in the same way he would make a character look all blurry when they’re going fast or how he portrays Bakugo tagging people with explosions from previous hits lingering.

When did afo do it?

I don’t think everyone is subsonic. Mirko, Edgeshot, Star etc probably fall into supersonic ranges.

I also highly doubt Horikoshi really thought he was making them supersonic by having them outpace a speech bubble of all things. It very likely was just a stylistic choice in the same way he would make a character look all blurry when they’re going fast or how he portrays Bakugo tagging people with explosions from previous hits lingering.
pretty much a lot of this comes down to powerscaling brain rot vs Visual Language to emphasize things.

this is prob true for most stories, its just that some stories never acknowledge their own speeds/AP ect so it allows people like us to interpreted stuff at face value.

"Deku's punch is even stronger than the Intercontinental Cruise Punch!"
If only
pepe.jpg

Most of these characters fall under the same speed bracket as Gran Torino so by this chapter's logic they'd be subsonic too. At least they are during the war arc. Current arc they're supersonic lol
Edgeshot transforms at supersonic speeds. We have Mirko being talked about in a similar statement to Hawks (plus like cargo planes are anywhere from 70-90% the speed of sound). Nothing suggests Gran Torino is on par with them anyways.

Horikoshi's actually pretty consistent with his depiction of supersonic movement. He has a particular way he draws mach cones that show up various times throughout the manga, which I've only noticed after multiple re-reads of the series

I kinda forgot about Mirko and Edgeshot. At most though they will be in the supersonic ranges in terms of movement speed.

Horikoshi's actually pretty consistent with his depiction of supersonic movement. He has a particular way he draws mach cones that show up various times throughout the manga, which I've only noticed after multiple re-reads of the series
Yeah, I think the perfect example is in Deku vs Shigaraki in mid-air during the first war.

Rather than impact cones which are usually somewhat of a circle, the mach cones in that fight were drawn to look almost like a stretched out film of air.

You remember that Mirio and everyone else needed the power types to smash walls in the Overhaul arc?
I mean that was kinda expected since Mirio and the rest are just regular humans without any physical enhancements in-universe.

The Spinner stuff just stood out to me cause he already had like 3 extra quirks active which all seemed to boost strength & durability.

Back