• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Anyways chapter is officially out and damn seeing Spinner on the floor out of energy and not all there is pretty painful. Also interesting to see where we go from here.

I assume Kurokumo shuffles the battlefield which would let Shoto get a breather, let Dabi see Endeavor and maybe let Tomura see Spinner and snuff AFO. After that maybe we’ll finally get to see Ochaco’s battle. Here’s to a quirk awakening for her maybe contact based gravity control to deal with Toga’s copies.

I think people forget how difficult animation really is, and how ruthless the industry can be. It's not really Bones' fault that some of the animations are kind of lackluster at times. Especially in this kind of profession.

Animation is the type of job in Japan where you could go to the hospital for overworking yourself. The pay is terrible, the animators work an insane amount of hours per day, and it's rare that they even get 8 hours of sleep. It's not like a mangaka profession where eventually, they can get assistants to help balance the burden, or can get good enough to the point that they can sketch an entire chapter in a day, it's grueling work.

People have actually died from overworking themselves, and it's got to the point that it's kind of an issue within the industry. Since most of them are freelancers, none of them can exactly get the pay that they deserve.

Like, just a single animation frame takes between 30 minutes or maybe an hour to complete or draw. And once you factor in that there's so much shit that you'd have to draw in a single frame to make an anime like MHA actually look passable... I'm not exactly upset at the Wyoming Smash being mediocre. It's a small price to pay for being able to consistently see episodes like these.

There are tons of videos that prove my point here. But I recommend watching this one.

Don't get me wrong. I'm disappointed too, but I'm not particularly annoyed at bones for this. I never was. Because as an artist, it's silly to be upset at a studio's animators simply because they couldn't work their asses off more than usual. If you know ANYTHING about what animation is like, then it'd be hard to be mad at them. It's not about the animation budget sometimes. Because most animators don't even get paid that much, to begin with. It's about how hard they're willing to work with their animators and how skilled some of them are. Sometimes they have to make sacrifices.

I think people forget how difficult animation really is, and how ruthless the industry can be. It's not really Bones' fault that some of the animations are kind of lackluster at times. Especially in this kind of profession.

Animation is the type of job in Japan where you could go to the hospital for overworking yourself. The pay is terrible, the animators work an insane amount of hours per day, and it's rare that they even get 8 hours of sleep. It's not like a mangaka profession where eventually, they can get assistants to help balance the burden, or can get good enough to the point that they can sketch an entire chapter in a day, it's grueling work.

People have actually died from overworking themselves, and it's got to the point that it's kind of an issue within the industry. Since most of them are freelancers, none of them can exactly get the pay that they deserve.

Like, just a single animation frame takes between 30 minutes or maybe an hour to complete or draw. And once you factor in that there's so much shit that you'd have to draw in a single frame to make an anime like MHA actually look passable... I'm not exactly upset at the Wyoming Smash being mediocre. It's a small price to pay for being able to consistently see episodes like these.

There are tons of videos that prove my point here. But I recommend watching this one.

Don't get me wrong. I'm disappointed too, but I'm not particularly annoyed at bones for this. I never was. Because as an artist, it's silly to be upset at a studio's animators simply because they couldn't work their asses off more than usual. If you know ANYTHING about what animation is like, then it'd be hard to be mad at them. It's not about the animation budget sometimes. Because most animators don't even get paid that much, to begin with. It's about how hard they're willing to work with their animators and how skilled some of them are. Sometimes they have to make sacrifices.

I've never once in a day blamed animators for anything. I think the anime community drills the issues animators face into everyone at one point or another.

The main reason I complain about MHA animation is that,

1. We do see Bones potential when they are really dedicated sometimes even with their obscure anime that aren't as huge as MHA,

2. There's so many MHA compatriots at Jump all getting animated at the same time and apart from Black Clover, all have better animes than MHA, and

3. Recently even long running anime like One Piece and Bleach have started to step up.

There's also stuff that dont have anything to do with cutthroatness of anime industry.

1. Censorship - this has mostly to do with the timeslot but it still negatily affects any of the darker arcs in the series which at this point is everything.

2. Lighting - again this is mostly an issue with the darker arcs and the obsession with the sky blue skies and bright lighting even when it makes zero sense like Overhaul arc.

3. Backgrounds - not Bones but Musa. Freaking Boruto in it's worst animated arc has better backgrounds than MHA. BORUTO. Every anime I am watching this season, heck any anime I've watched in the past 2 years has had better backgrounds than MHA.

1. Censorship - this has mostly to do with the timeslot but it still negatily affects any of the darker arcs in the series which at this point is everything.

2. Lighting - again this is mostly an issue with the darker arcs and the obsession with the sky blue skies and bright lighting even when it makes zero sense like Overhaul arc.

3. Backgrounds - not Bones but Musa. Freaking Boruto in it's worst animated arc has better backgrounds than MHA. BORUTO. Every anime I am watching this season, heck any anime I've watched in the past 2 years has had better backgrounds than MHA.
I personally think the lighting is fine. My only issue is with the backgrounds and censorship. But all 3 of those have nothing to do with animation at all. So that's kind of irrelevant.

1. We do see Bones potential when they are really dedicated sometimes even with their obscure anime that aren't as huge as MHA,
They are dedicated. Everyone was praising the animation of this season until this episode. The quality hasn't changed, lol. Really, a couple of frames is not enough to start worrying about an entire season.

I could understand if it was an MVA situation, but it isn't. The animation so far has been amazing. The only real downside is Deku's Wyoming Smash, and even then, I think that could be attributed to censorship.

I don't get why so many people are quick to hop on the bandwagon when we've been getting animation like this consistently for a while.

question if muscular was on trigger how strong would he be?

i mean those muscles are insanely strong but would trigger make them insanely stronger?
He beats a majority if not all of the top 10 heroes imo, he most likely defeats endeavor with mid to no difficulty with the boost but who knows

He'll still be extremely slow though compared to the top 10 heroes so they'll likely chip away at him or stall until the drug run out, Endeavor would just vaporize him, Mirko could kick his head off if he left it unprotected like he always does and Edgeshot could just lobotomize him

OFA on trigger would prob make the vestiges way stronger to the point of near taking over the body like AFO except it’s all of them at the same time while also boosting all the other quirks. So it would make Deku busted as all hell but also messed up in the head worse than other trigger users.

OFA on trigger would prob make the vestiges way stronger to the point of near taking over the body like AFO except it’s all of them at the same time while also boosting all the other quirks. So it would make Deku busted as all hell but also messed up in the head worse than other trigger users.
He enters his own version of Aang's Avatar State

AD8-EDC57-DAE2-41-DB-9-A04-76-FE452623-B1.jpg

senator destro:

I do need capital. And support item sales. Wanna know why? I have a dream." That one day, every person with meta ablities in this nation will control their OWN destiny. A land of the TRULY liberated, dammit. A nation of ACTION, not words. Ruled by STRENGTH, not committee. Where the oppressive "quirk" laws change to suit the individual, not the other way around. Where unique powers and abilities are back where they belong: in the hands of the metahuman! Where every man is free to think to act - for himself! **** all these limp-dick heroes and chicken-shit villains. **** this 24/7 Internet spew of hero trivia and quirk therapy bullshit. **** the media! **** all of it! Hero society is diseased. Rotten to the core. There's no saving it - we need to pull it out by the roots. Wlpe the slate clean. BURNIT DOWN! And from the ashes, a new japan will be born. Evolved, but untamed! The weak will be purged, and the strongest will thrive free to live as they see fit, they will make Japan GREAT AGAIN!

AD8-EDC57-DAE2-41-DB-9-A04-76-FE452623-B1.jpg

senator destro:

I do need capital. And support item sales. Wanna know why? I have a dream." That one day, every person with meta ablities in this nation will control their OWN destiny. A land of the TRULY liberated, dammit. A nation of ACTION, not words. Ruled by STRENGTH, not committee. Where the oppressive "quirk" laws change to suit the individual, not the other way around. Where unique powers and abilities are back where they belong: in the hands of the metahuman! Where every man is free to think to act - for himself! **** all these limp-dick heroes and chicken-shit villains. **** this 24/7 Internet spew of hero trivia and quirk therapy bullshit. **** the media! **** all of it! Hero society is diseased. Rotten to the core. There's no saving it - we need to pull it out by the roots. Wlpe the slate clean. BURNIT DOWN! And from the ashes, a new japan will be born. Evolved, but untamed! The weak will be purged, and the strongest will thrive free to live as they see fit, they will make Japan GREAT AGAIN!
I just realized Re-Destro would probably be really popular in real life...

Leaks are already out. Looks like Dabi/Endeavor/Shoto's heat affected the weather worldwide. It's crazy. Also first big L for the heroes. Things are about to get crazy.

Wonder what the cloud feat could be calced at, Endeavor, Dabi and Shoto essentially created a cloud that has the potential to reach North America

Sounds like a 6-B feat

Scans used:

Distance from Japan to America is 10144 km (10144000 m)
Cloud to sea level: 10 px (1000 m)

Cloud width: 272 px (27200 m)

Cylinder volume of cloud: 2.2 x 10^19 m^3

Clouds are roughly 1.003 kg/m

2.2x10^19 x 1.003 = 2.2066e+19

Latent heat of vaporization for water is 2264705 J/kg

2.2066e+19 x 2264705 = 4.9972981e+25 J, or 11.9 Petatons (High 6-A)

Scans used:

Distance from Japan to America is 10144 km (10144000 m)
Cloud to sea level: 10 px (1000 m)

Cloud width: 272 px (27200 m)

Cylinder volume of cloud: 2.2 x 10^19 m^3

Clouds are roughly 1.003 kg/m

2.2x10^19 x 1.003 = 2.2066e+19

Latent heat of vaporization for water is 2264705 J/kg

2.2066e+19 x 2264705 = 4.9972981e+25 J, or 11.9 Petatons (High 6-A)

Cloud width is slightly wanked but I wasn’t sure how else to find it. Maybe when HQ scans of this chapter release, I can get a solid width

I'd say this is the biggest cloud/weather feat we have gotten in the manga since chapter 1 in terms of impact.

The Heroes Rising one was in a movie and Star's didn't have much impact outside where she and Shigaraki were fighting.

Also glad it was confirmed it was the Todoroki's rather than Tamaki's plasma canon or Kurogiri's cloud quirk.

i have alot of free time tomorrow

might as well finish up the X-Catapult and then start the other 8-B Calc I have.

Back