• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I have a bad feeling about Ochako and Tsuyu

One of the Twice’s was holding Tsuyu’s goggles, and the fact that they’re even inside the portal means Ochako lost
doesn’t inherently mean she lost and that could just imply Tsu got injured, not dead (though her dying is 100% on the table). Ochako I feel is going to be the one to stop Toga, it’s her whole thing and Horikoshi doesn’t off screen people that are important to the story.

We might get another “flash back” moment to see the beginning of the TogaTwice madness and how they’ve been faring soon though.

Nvm I was wrong, it’s way higher ☠️

A rough calc put the cloud creation at 11.9 Petatons, or High 6-A.

Divide that by 3 since it was from Endeavor, Shoto, and Dabi and it’s 3.96 Petatons or 6-A+
We sure about this? I’ve already heard someone say that this was happening over time and that the title is literally called “Butterfly Effect” or something?

We sure about this? I’ve already heard someone say that this was happening over time and that the title is literally called “Butterfly Effect” or something?
“Butterfly Effect” is referring to the evolution of quirks: how the first quirk was as simple as a glowing baby, and now people can generate planetary heat waves and continental storms with their quirks

@Mazdoesstuff Notice that in the map showing the clouds reaching the US and the weather forecast chart under it, Oregon and Washington are currently sunny, with only one state also being like that being Wyoming (of course it’s Wyoming) meaning that it’s possible that the clouds are going from Japan to America west ward, 10000 km or smth is the distance east ward (reverse it if I’m wrong, it still applies)

edit: using England as a reference point for each and Idaho as the farthest state it reached the distance is somewhere around 16747 km, doesn’t make the calc far higher than it was or anything, but I think it’s neat

Last edited:
It is indeed happening over time but that time is maybe 5 to 10 minutes considering the battles just started. I don't know how that would affect the calc since it obviously isn't one attack that caused it but more of the Todoroki's heat output as they fought. Endeavor used Vanishing Fist, Vanishing Jet Burn, some Heat Vision, and Prominence Burn, Shoto only used Phosphor which isn't even supposed to be hot, and Dabi used Hell Spider, Jet Burn, the ground Lava attack (very similar to Hell Landmine in Vigilantes) and now Phosphor.

The Shoto and Endeavor fights were pretty short so I don't think it's a long time-frame at all.

Eh if might’ve been more like over the course of 20 minutes or smth considering some of the battles have straight up fought and ended.

For example before Endeavor even began fighting AFO, Shoto had already defeated Dabi for the first time. And then by the time Endeavor managed to take out AFO, that was when Dabi managed to regain his vigor and start up a new flame.

Eh if might’ve been more like over the course of 20 minutes or smth considering some of the battles have straight up fought and ended.

For example before Endeavor even began fighting AFO, Shoto had already defeated Dabi for the first time. And then by the time Endeavor managed to take out AFO, that was when Dabi managed to regain his vigor and start up a new flame.
Considering how fast these characters are fighting at, 20 min seems a little high. Let's wait until an official time is given

I misinterpreted it but this feat doesn’t scale to anyone sadly. It was done through temperature. And iirc we don’t scale off of temperature feats.
Maybe there is a way to create a scaling chain?

AFO considers Half Cold Half Hot to have comparable power to Nejire’s Wave Motion

So Nejire’s energy could scale?

Maybe there is a way to create a scaling chain?

AFO considers Half Cold Half Hot to have comparable power to Nejire’s Wave Motion

So Nejire’s energy could scale?
That doesn’t work at all, he stated this due to the sheer strength of their attacks, if this was even stated. Plus, this is done through their heat and many other factors that take place with cloud making, and it’s increasing in size overtime. They would only contribute to the initial size.

They still wouldn’t scale anyway. The feat is an overtime thing done through multiple attacks by 3 people.

Like if 3 dudes destroyed a car with some weapons in the span of 10 minutes would you then scale them to oneshotting a car with their weapons? Or if these guys worked together to kill a bear would you then say they scale to oneshotting a bear?

I remember that one dude who was saying “cloud feats are unreliable, Horikoshi doesn’t know what he’s doing”

After this I think it’s pretty clear how strong he’s portraying the Todorokis to be
cloud feats are unreliable, Horikoshi doesn't know what he's doing, he only uses cloud feats because he thinks they are less strong than they really are. That's why Dabi/Endeavor's heat can do that but not vaporize a single cityblock.

Back