• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I mean Shigaraki also withstood many of Bakugou explosions with no issuses and was only partially burned by his biggest and strongest attack and we give Heat resistance to AM and Deku for the same thing so i don't understand why we don't give heat resistance or at least a limited version of it to OFA Shigaraki, would be pretty consistent with Prime AFO casually standing in a forest fire, since Garaki designed Shiggy to be the perfect vessel for AFO

I don't agree with Bakugo's explosions right now.

That 5000 Degrees Celsius thing is only technically right, but heat transfer doesn't happened that fast. The heat of his explosion doesn't exist long enough for all of that heat to transfer into someone. Note: That Dabi's 2000 Degrees fire was stated to be superior to Endeavor's flames.

Endeavor isn't even 2000 degrees yet he can turn Shigaraki into char, despite resisting 5000 degrees? If nitroglycerin could fully transfer that heat it'd melt any kind of material it was placed on. Since there is no material in the world that can keep its shape when heated to 5000 degrees Celsius.

The explosions do burn, but they shouldn't be treated as anymore more than baseline heat resistance at best.

Tamaki's Plasma Cannon isn't really accepted since calling his attack Plasma Cannon doesn't mean it's actually plasma. Maybe if the Volume release has extra information on it. Just can be a cool name since he's blasting a Super Charged version of Nejire's energy.

The explosions do burn, but they shouldn't be treated as anymore more than baseline heat resistance at best.
I see, still Shigaraki should at least have baseline heat resist like AM and Deku right ? Since resisting Bakugou's explosion was the basis for both of their heat resist, or was AM punching plasma the main justification ?

Im kinda confused on which cloud density to use for feats like the star and stripes clap like i know clouds all have differnet densities and online i found that apparently cummulus clouds have a density od 5g/m³ but the wikihas it at 1.003kg/m³ can anyone help answer this

Problems.

1: They aren't looking where All Might is coming from, so there's nothing to suggest he's blitzing them from that distance. They have to actively be looking at where he's coming from in order to count as an actual blitz. You can't react to something if you don't know it's coming. Not without having some kind of super power.

2: This wiki no longer accepts 1/220 seconds as an acceptable timeframe for blitzing and any calcs that were using it in MHA were removed for that reason.

3: All Might isn't visible yes, but ignoring the cloud of smoke that could be blocking him from view, not even the buildings past the ones we see are visible. Clearly this is just stylistic choice, that way the artist doesn't have to drawn a large amount of background objects for such a small panel.

4: Your formula appears to be wrong. Angular Size = object size*panel height in pixels/[object height in pixels*2*tan(70deg/2)]

Ignoring the above issues, the actual distance is: 2.21*440/[1*2*tan(70deg/2)] = 694.36 m

There is no way this is valid. As Rusty said, they're not even looking in his direction.

Problems.

1: They aren't looking where All Might is coming from, so there's nothing to suggest he's blitzing them from that distance. They have to actively be looking at where he's coming from in order to count as an actual blitz. You can't react to something if you don't know it's coming. Not without having some kind of super power.

2: This wiki no longer accepts 1/220 seconds as an acceptable timeframe for blitzing and any calcs that were using it in MHA were removed for that reason.

3: All Might isn't visible yes, but ignoring the cloud of smoke that could be blocking him from view, not even the buildings past the ones we see are visible. Clearly this is just stylistic choice, that way the artist doesn't have to drawn a large amount of background objects for such a small panel.

4: Your formula appears to be wrong. Angular Size = object size*panel height in pixels/[object height in pixels*2*tan(70deg/2)]

Ignoring the above issues, the actual distance is: 2.21*440/[1*2*tan(70deg/2)] = 694.36 m
Pain

2c6.jfif

Shouldn't twice have Limited Resistance to powernull due to erasure not being able to erase his duplicates?
That's a weakness of Erasure, not a resistance for Twice.

Erasure prevents someone from using their powers, it doesn't remove any affects those power creates.

Aizawa can stop Endeavor from creating fire, but if Endeavor already throws fire there is nothing he can do to stop it. In this case he can prevent Twice from making clones, but he can't get rid of clones that are already created. Since Erasure only disables a person's Quirk Factor, it doesn't do anything else.

@Scouteamfortress_2

Depends on how high the clouds are from sea level. And the thread hasn't finished yet, there is still discussion going on. Although it appears to be going very slowly.

I don't agree with Bakugo's explosions right now.

That 5000 Degrees Celsius thing is only technically right, but heat transfer doesn't happened that fast. The heat of his explosion doesn't exist long enough for all of that heat to transfer into someone. Note: That Dabi's 2000 Degrees fire was stated to be superior to Endeavor's flames.

Endeavor isn't even 2000 degrees yet he can turn Shigaraki into char, despite resisting 5000 degrees? If nitroglycerin could fully transfer that heat it'd melt any kind of material it was placed on. Since there is no material in the world that can keep its shape when heated to 5000 degrees Celsius.

Tamaki's Plasma Cannon isn't really accepted since calling his attack Plasma Cannon doesn't mean it's actually plasma. Maybe if the Volume release has extra information on it. Just can be a cool name since he's blasting a Super Charged version of Nejire's energy.
Where is Dabi's 2000 degree fire coming from? Is this stated anywhere or are we taking color of fire to mean how hot it is?

Dabi's regular dark blue flames are not hotter than Endeavor's FlashFire attacks.

Dabi's dark blue flames > Endeavor's ordinary red flames

Dabi bright blue FlashFire flames > Endeavor's FlashFire flames

FlashFire is a compressed flame that is way hotter than regular flames.

Prominence Burn, Jet Burn, Vanishing Fist, Hellspider, are all Flashfire fist technique. They are all way hotter than regular flames. Definitely not 2000 degrees Celsius when that can't even melt carbon fiber the way Dabi did.

Where is Dabi's 2000 degree fire coming from? Is this stated anywhere or are we taking color of fire to mean how hot it is?

Prominence Burn, Jet Burn, Vanishing Fist, Hellspider, are all Flashfire fist technique. They are all way hotter than regular flames. Definitely not 2000 degrees Celsius when that can't even melt carbon fiber the way Dabi did.
Dabi didn't melt carbon fiber cables, there was never a single panel of them turning into liquid. Because melting carbon fiber cables is just as impossible as melting bones. They turn into ash, they don't melt. Which is what Dabi did, he reduced them to ashes.

It was stated that the fire Toya died in burned at over 2000 degrees Celsius (Chapter 291). We know that Toya's fire already surpassed Endeavor even before turning blue. Where did you get confirmation that Dabi's normal blue flames are not as hot as Endeavor's Flashfire Fist?

I don't believe anything compares the two beyond what happened in Heroes Rising. Where Dabi's normal blue flame was able to evenly clash with Endeavor's Flashfire Fist attack. But nothing states Dabi's non Flashfire Fist flames are inferiors to Endeavor's flames. We just know that his Quirk is all around superior.

I'm not interested in discussing speculation, if there is no 100% confirmation then I don't care. I only cared about showing how 5000 degrees is absolutely ridiculous.

Damn the difference between 550GT and 332GT is 1,66x, guess we can't upscale Prime AM & AFO, Complete Shigaraki and 100% Deku to Large Island + whenever the CRT happen right ? Or am I misrembering the upscaling rule ?

That's a weakness of Erasure, not a resistance for Twice.

Erasure prevents someone from using their powers, it doesn't remove any affects those power creates.

Aizawa can stop Endeavor from creating fire, but if Endeavor already throws fire there is nothing he can do to stop it. In this case he can prevent Twice from making clones, but he can't get rid of clones that are already created. Since Erasure only disables a person's Quirk Factor, it doesn't do anything else.

@Scouteamfortress_2

Depends on how high the clouds are from sea level. And the thread hasn't finished yet, there is still discussion going on. Although it appears to be going very slowly.
Ohh okay tysm

So... is MHA any good rn to start the manga? I'm curious.

(I haven't followed this thread just came here to ask)

And also what is deku's stats as of rn?

So... is MHA any good rn to start the manga? I'm curious.
Objectively yes
(I haven't followed this thread just came here to ask)

And also what is deku's stats as of rn?
As of right now, he is High 7-A with 100% and Massively Hypersonic, but an ongoing CRT will change that

Future upgrades will have him at High 6-C and Massively Hypersonic+ and maybe sub rel depending on how we treat the jet lasers

Potentially FTL as well since his power ignores the laws of physics

Objectively yes

As of right now, he is High 7-A with 100% and Massively Hypersonic, but an ongoing CRT will change that

Future upgrades will have him at High 6-C and Massively Hypersonic+ and maybe sub rel depending on how we treat the jet lasers

Potentially FTL as well since his power ignores the laws of physics
Damn, FTL is kinda a stretch imo but if someone gives a good reasoning I'll see if I agree

The top of MHA is High 7-A to Massively Hypersonic now.

The future could be High 6-C and Massively Hypersonic+. Sub-Rel or FTL is just a dream, just a hope that future information comes out that could raise it that high.

But Damage is correct that nothing is set in stone yet, there are cloud revisions going on and who knows what else could come up.

And that Tier 6 stuff kind of can't start until this wiki comes to a conclusion on the cloud revision.

The future could be High 6-C and Massively Hypersonic+. Sub-Rel or FTL is just a dream, just a hope that future information comes out that could raise it that high.
Doubt we’ll be getting FTL but we still have that Sub-Relativistic Star and Stripes calc that was put on hold

Depending on how the anime depicts it, we’ll have a feat

Our top calc group members are very eager to keep using air density regardless of the circumstances, so I don't know why the High 6-C feats would be held in contend.

The feats aren't gonna get any lower than they are right now.
Wait if that’s true wouldn’t that mean that we’d get low 6-B again? Cause heroes rising goes back to using 1.003 kg/m3

Problems.

why 1/220 is not acceptable anymore ?

why 1/220 is not acceptable anymore ?
Ask a calc group member for more details on why 1/220 is generally unusable. I'm not the greatest at this.

Short answer I can give. The 1/220 or 0.0045 seconds was done in a dark room, where the pilots could have an easier time seeing the flashing image. They were also prepared to see a very fast image flash by and were focusing on it beforehand.

Basically there are a lot of factors factors involved. Something like this also needs heavy support to be accepted. Not the timeframe but perception blitzing in general. Being unable to react is very different from being unable to see. You can see something coming that you can't react to.

Visually there'd be no difference between the feats, not without a statement that says they didn't even see movement or something else.

Back