• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Uncertain if that is how that works. May have to ask a calc group member. Since both of the calcs are getting the explosion's strength through different methods.

I don't think you can add them together like that.

Wait can anyone send me the calc that endeavor scales to i think it was like 550 megatons
There is no 550 MT calc, he was downscaling to baseline 7-A+ from the 638 MT number Shigaraki was scaling to.

However there are current revisions that are changing this number. Endeavor and others will be 748 MT soon enough.

And future revisions will raise the number once again.

Since fire has a density, can it be used to find Shoto and Dabi’s LS? They can let out massive blasts of fire with force and density without being pushed back, and can stand their ground against other character’s fire

Should Sato, Kendo, and Shishida downscale from Class M? Together they restrained Gigantomachia and prevented him from getting up

No. You can't randomly scale them to Class M from "not" holding down a Class T character. That isn't how downscaling works. They don't downscale in anyway.

Machia wasn't focusing on them yet and was trying to ignore them. Also he was standing in unstable/muddy ground and cannot fly, so he can't raise his head as well as he would be able to on the ground. He's just trying to move up with minimal effort and they're struggling with everything they have.

Last edited:
Idk dont ask me, when i brought it up along with several other 8-A scaling they were all deemed an outlier.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:TimmyTurnero/ALL_of_Bakugo's_Howitzer_Impacts
Calc is a year old so I don’t expect it to be correct.
Don't remember this at all.

Also this was when we still scaled Bakugo's to all of his explosion. Which means it would've upgraded everyone who was High 8-C to 8-A.

We know better now and separate those stats. 8-A Howitzer is not an outlier to my knowledge anymore. However that without a doubt needs a recalculation.

Saw the new episode, ends with Twice's death and it didn't disappoint at all. The music was amazing and Twice's voice actor did an amazing job. They actually show Twice's body as it's slumped down on the floor over the edge. Also the screen freezing to show Hawks becoming more visible inside of the fire behind Twice.

I'm not surprised but this is my "favorite" episode of the season so far.

They changed part of the ending where Shigaraki was standing with this. That's just depressing.

Also you may call me a baby, but I had tears by the end of this episode. I connect way too hard to fictional stories and I can't help it.

Looks like next episode is going to be strong too. Apparently Yuki Hayashi is animating parts of it.

Also I've noticed all the scenes that happen indoors with some darkness look pretty amazing. It's in the outdoor shots that Atelier Musa's half-assing of the backgrounds really shows up clearly.

Wonder if next episode ends with Shigaraki waking up cause if it does it will be craziness from here on out.

I recalced Tokoyami breaking into the PLA base at 602 Tons, or 8-A+ (I used the anime version). Would an anime feat take priority over a manga one, assuming that there isn’t filler in it?

Last edited:
I recalced Tokoyami breaking into the PLA base at 305 Tons, or 8-A (I used the anime version). Would an anime feat take priority over a manga one, assuming that there isn’t filler in it?
Manga feat takes priority over the anime.

Anime is only used when the manga's visuals aren't clear enough, you need a timeframe via movement, or whatever else there is.

We can see the destruction pretty clearly in the manga, so the anime has no reason to be used over it.

Assuming 1 sec as a timeframe gives me 77 Teratons, or 6-B+ for the cloud dispersion ALONE, and using 3 sec as a timeframe would be fairly logical. I know we settled at 5 sec, but I’d say 5 sec is a fairly long time
Any less timeframe will have to wait for the anime version. We can't just keep lowering the timeframe because we feel like it.

Honestly I feel like the anime version will either be disappointing or completely insane.

Continually lowering the timeframe would certainly make it as outlierish as possible depending on how far you went.

Even a 1 second explosion sound absurd to me. This is just a personal opinion that I know isn't accepted, don't hang me for it.

But we obviously can't use less than that.

And of course in fiction this can be whatever speed they want it to be. Star and Stripe's cloud feat will possibly be upgraded too with the anime timeframe. Along with the other feats we assume a timeframe for. Or they can be disappointing, we just have to wait and see.

Looks like next episode is going to be strong too. Apparently Yuki Hayashi is animating parts of it.

Also I've noticed all the scenes that happen indoors with some darkness look pretty amazing. It's in the outdoor shots that Atelier Musa's half-assing of the backgrounds really shows up clearly.

Wonder if next episode ends with Shigaraki waking up cause if it does it will be craziness from here on out.
Only read “Yuki Hayashi”
Don’t need to say anymore

I don't want Atlier Musa to ever touch other anime I like, the backrounds are always so awfully ugly and clash with the artstyle

Been re-reading the Pro hero and PLW arc, and i think Shigaraki should really have some degree of fire/heat resistance. He defintely resisit fire better than the High-ends as one Jetburn was enough to blow one of Hood's arm off and melt the skin off his chest (revealing muscle underneath) as seen in chapter 187, a similar hit was able cleave the top-half of Woman's head clean off while Shiggy took multiple such hits in the war but only got burns in return. Then there's the two Prominence Burns which Endeavor used against Hood and Shigaraki, the first one completely vaporize Hood's body while only scorching Shiggy's arm but i won't count this one since Shiggy jump out of the way before the attack could fully connect. The second time though is a different story, in both scenarios a heavily injured Endeavor grab onto his opponents and unleashed a point blank PB, Hood died while Shiggy lived but would've died as well had the attack lasted longer, why am i bringing this up ? Well despite both having comparable circumstances, the state of their bodies was anything but. Hood was relatively healthy and had a fully-functioning regen prior to taking the PB, Shiggy's body meanwhile was falling apart at the seams, had a slowed regen and was getting his ass relentlessly beat by Deku before taking the PB. There's also Bakugou, whose explosions Shiggy took multiple of in the PLW with no adverse effect, the only time he was burn by him was by the GIGANTIC Howitzer Impact Cluster and even then only a small part of his body was burn by such a huge attack, compared to Nine who got reduced to a disgusting purple raisin by a similar sized attack, I'd say he got the better end of the stick. He then got blasted in the face after Bakugou got up and again suffer no consequences. Idk if Tamaki's plasma cannon is accepted as real plasma or not but if it is then that's another supporting feat of shigaraki having some degree of heat/fire resistance or at least a limited one. That's just my honest opinion though, feel free to disprove this stupid idiot

I think there was talk about giving Shigaraki limited heat resistance, since he takes less damage than Hood does.

Still burned, but not as badly. Vanishing Fist is the big one here, considering what Jet Burn did to Hood vs what Vanishing Fist did to Shigaraki. Shigaraki just has some burn marks on him, but his skin wasn't burnt away like Hood's was. Don't know if that went anywhere.

Back