• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I think quintuple smash is just a callback to USJ where All Might said 5 punches in his Prime was all it would take especially as this fight has 3 USJ callbacks at this point.

God damn I was aggressive a year ago lmao.

But yes, the consensus for striking strength and LS is that catching a punch from someone and either not moving or pushing back against will let you scale to their LS, which we already know and use. The other implication of it, and one that is used currently for Yang’s profile, is that if a punch carries a certain amount of force and is caught/stopped in the above mentioned ways, then the person catching it will scale to the force that punch produced.

I guess the only question then is do Striking Strength feats that would be applicable for LS feats if caught, need to be in the exact same instance they are caught? Like, would Muscular not scale to the Class P feat because he didn’t catch it in that moment specifically, but just caught a punch from Deku who did the feat? But Deku is stronger than he was when he did that feat, so that would imply Muscular should definitely scale to it no?

Quite an interesting predicament

I think it's really nice to see Izuku to slow himself down and go back to Overdrive.

Now we just need him to apply this to another person.

Bakugo = Speed up

Shigaraki = Speed down

Maybe?

I don't see why the instant matters, this isn't calc stacking or anything.

Wouldn't be any different than scaling punching AP from one scene to the other character when they fight.

I think it's really nice to see Izuku to slow himself down and go back to Overdrive.

Now we just need him to apply this to another person.

Bakugo = Speed up

Shigaraki = Speed down

Maybe?

I don't see why the instant matters, this isn't calc stacking or anything.

Wouldn't be any different than scaling punching AP from one scene to the other character when they fight.
If he slows down Shigaraki next time they fight I’m gonna lose my mind.

Well if that’s the case then Class P should be applicable to Muscular, and then to 100% Deku, and then to Weakened All Might and we all get the idea from there.

New abilities for deku as of the last few chapters
Weapon creation (can create claws out of black whip)
Vector and physics manipulation (can speed up and slow down inanimate objects and bend the law of physics with his smashes)
Aura (the fa jin energy is visible)
Statistic deduction (can slow down others)

I need the official translation for that physics line. Even if it the translation is the same, it'll just be flowery language until he actually shows something.

He can slow down himself, but we haven't seen him slow down anyone else yet. Though I'd love to see him slow other people down.

I need the official translation for that physics line. Even if it the translation is the same, it'll just be flowery language until he actually shows something.

He can slow down himself, but we haven't seen him slow down anyone else yet. Though I'd love to see him slow other people down.
If officials keep this whole “breaks physics/reality” speed and power translation, Deku is going to break light speed, I’m calling it. Or he’s gonna do something equally as ridiculous

What are you talking about? I'm using the smaller cube to measure the bigger cube.

I'm not using the tower size, it has nothing to do with my calculation.

Another calc tried to use the tower size to find the size of the cube, by using the tower to find the size of a giant thing Wolfram made. And try and compare that and use it to find the cube size. It was like 8 different scans or something and was a mess.

I was the person who debunked that calc for that reason. But once again, my calc doesn't rely on the tower size at all. So I don't see your point here.

Okay, I did not expect to start with a flashback. AFO holding the second user, while crying for some reason.

His Quirk can indeed be used on objects, he used it to increase the power of his bullets. Though back then it was nothing compared to AFO. You guys weren't joking, AFO has some serious mental issues. Also it seems like the Quirk's name is indeed Gear Shift.

Um... What!? I'm sorry? "And when the raw stored up power of OFA... Overlaps with Gear Shift, that smash... Packs enough power to bend... Even the laws of physics!"

What kind of statement is this, what is Izuku doing? Detroit Smash: Quintuple? So his attack became 5X stronger than normal? How has the U.A. Fortress not just fallen to the ground already. Shigaraki confirms that he cannot track Izuku once again, but he'll try and predict him based on the angle and timing of his previous attacks.

He goes for a hit but misses badly, Izuku wasn't close to him. Izuku uses Low Gear to slow his speed down. It can change speed while ignoring inertia. Shigaraki tires to attack but Izuku blinds him with Smokescreen. Izuku has good control over his Quirks right now, in this moment he is going ham.

Oh wow. Izuku can store up the energy of that Quintuple and boost it further with Fa Jin. Just punched a hole straight through Shigaraki and destroyed his finger armor. Seems like All For Shiggy isn't done just yet. His body is doing some weird stuff, but it seems like we'll finally be switching POVs to giant Spinner.

Once again another exciting chapter, however I need to read the official translations here. I'm a little confused by some parts here.
I don't understand what was wrong with the calc that took into account the size of the tower, it was only like 3 steps for the calc and with something with a size that could not vary, unlike the cubes that do not necessarily all have to be the same size

I don't understand what was wrong with the calc that took into account the size of the tower, it was only like 3 steps for the calc and with something with a size that could not vary, unlike the cubes that do not necessarily all have to be the same size
Because the tower size cannot be used to measure the cube, there is no point where the cube and tower are comparable to each other.

What was being used to measure it was incorrect from the start.

He made over several dozen cubes and they were all the same size. No reason to assume they were smaller just because.

Because the tower size cannot be used to measure the cube, there is no point where the cube and tower are comparable to each other.

What was being used to measure it was incorrect from the start.

He made over several dozen cubes and they were all the same size. No reason to assume they were smaller just because.
Why are all the cubes the same size? that seems like speculation

Why are all the cubes the same size? that seems like speculation
Because he made them the same size.

Or do you not watch the same movie? He crushed All Might between several dozens of them and they all have the same size.

Your assumption that he would make later ones smaller is absurd and unfounded. Especially for his strongest attack.

Assumptions like this are perfectly acceptable. There is no better alternative since the cube and tower can't be compared to each other. The tower size was simply used to gauge the size of an object that also could vary in size with this same logic.

Edit: Not only that but the small cube is right next to the bigger cube, because we see it getting drawn into it. While the giant thing Wolfram made is not near the cube, which is being made massively high up in the sky. Regardless using that to measure the size of the cube is not accurate.

The cube is farther away from the camera due to being higher up, meaning it'll look smaller than it actually is.

Last edited:
I love Aizawa but man saw AFO Shiggy charging at him in the first war, and took his knife out ☠️☠️☠️

Bro really thought he could damage SHIGARAKI with a butter knife

It has been accepted
3n5LTfa.jpg

Mirko was knocked out with a single hit, that alone shows how vastly inferior she is to Shigaraki
Ik she’s inferior but im saying the difference between them isn’t that large if her face is still intact after taking a punch from him, with there being Nomu’s who can literally rip her leg off which is far more durable than her head

Ik she’s inferior but im saying the difference between them isn’t that large if her face is still intact after taking a punch from him, with there being Nomu’s who can literally rip her leg off which is far more durable than her head
Ripping off someone’s body part is usually different than actually hitting them in some verses

For example, Mitsuri is capable of ripping off Muzan’s arm but she was easily oneshotted by him and she couldn’t actually damage him outside of the arm rip

By technicality you could upgrade them to High 7-A with it as well.

Since it'd be strange to update the LS but not the AP.

Though honestly for a such a change I think it'd be best to wait for the future stuff at that point. Not like the calcs are going anywhere and we aren't in a rush.

Unless there is something that changes the calcs, however that is a separate issue.

By technicality you could upgrade them to High 7-A with it as well.

Since it'd be strange to update the LS but not the AP.

Though honestly for a such a change I think it'd be best to wait for the future stuff at that point. Not like the calcs are going anywhere and we aren't in a rush.

Unless there is something that changes the calcs, however that is a separate issue.
How many people are effected by this?
Shouldnt be too hard to change them all now

WAIT DAMMIT WE JUST GOT A DEKU WIN AGAINST NARUTO

How many people are effected by this?
Shouldnt be too hard to change them all now

WAIT DAMMIT WE JUST GOT A DEKU WIN AGAINST NARUTO
Every single character that scales to 7-A+ right now.

Which is every single character that would scale to the new stuff we're preparing as well. Basically it'd be just as big as the revision we're going to do in the future, just for High 7-A instead of High 6-C. I personally don't see the point of doing it right now.

Honestly I'm just not okay with it right now, since all of my energy has been spent preparing for this upcoming Tier 6 upgrades.

Which is every single character that would scale to the new stuff we're preparing as well. Basically it'd be just as big as the revision we're going to do in the future, just for High 7-A instead of High 6-C. I personally don't see the point of doing it right now.

Honestly I'm just not okay with it right now, since all of my energy has been spent preparing for this upcoming Tier 6 upgrades.
Makes sense

Anyways on a different topic, I tried calculating spinners new height, I’ll blog it later, but I got about 14 meters

Oh yeah this would mean all the All Might tier characters (who scale LS wise) scale to Class P as well, meaning that even if we get downgraded again then All For One can’t lose to Toichiro (cause his LS would be massively higher so telekinesis is worthless) and Deku vs Mob is viable

Makes sense

Anyways on a different topic, I tried calculating spinners new height, I’ll blog it later, but I got about 14 meters
Speaking of, do you think Spinner could get some new feats or possible scaling to anything higher than High 8-C?

Kind of hoping he goes off with this new Quirk, even if it does look like he can barely think straight due to having multiple Quirks.

Really just glad to see he wasn't going to be defeated offscreen. I didn't think Horikoshi would do that, but I had some doubts since Re-Destro vs Edgeshot.

can anyone explain the acceleration equation used here?
and why it's not just acceleration = distance*2/time^2
785.618*2/0.04^2 = 982022.5 m/s^2

They produce the same results so the formula is meant to do the same thing.

2 x (785.618 - 0 x 0.04) / 0.04^2 = 982022.5 m/s^2

I just didn't know about that one, I was using the formula from the Omni Calculator.

Speaking of, do you think Spinner could get some new feats or possible scaling to anything higher than High 8-C?

Kind of hoping he goes off with this new Quirk, even if it does look like he can barely think straight due to having multiple Quirks.

Really just glad to see he wasn't going to be defeated offscreen. I didn't think Horikoshi would do that, but I had some doubts since Re-Destro vs Edgeshot.
I’ll be real if his sword has similar dimensions as the last one, just scaled up, then it weights like 10 tons or something, and he himself will weigh about 666 kg (ironic) so even him just running at SOS speeds probably gets like building level, and given that he’s the size of a building now, can’t we give him a “warranted by size” rating of like 8-B? Because v.fraging and pulving (50/50) an entire building is 8-B to my knowledge which looks like what he’s doing too the bridges and stuff

I’ll be real if his sword has similar dimensions as the last one, just scaled up, then it weights like 10 tons or something, and he himself will weigh about 666 kg (ironic) so even him just running at SOS speeds probably gets like building level, and given that he’s the size of a building now, can’t we give him a “warranted by size” rating of like 8-B? Because v.fraging and pulving (50/50) an entire building is 8-B to my knowledge which looks like what he’s doing too the bridges and stuff
No can do, unless he actually shows that he can run like that or preform those feats we cannot give such a rating.

Only with another method I can't think of the name can you get energy from size alone. However even someone bigger than Mount Lady (20+ m) got 9-A results.

Size alone isn't going to push him far up, he'll need to do something more.

No can do, unless he actually shows that he can run like that or preform those feats we cannot give such a rating.

Only with another method I can't think of the name can you get energy from size alone. However even someone bigger than Mount Lady (20+ m) got 9-A results.

Size alone isn't going to push him far up, he'll need to do something more.
I don’t know, given that he’s AFO’s trump card and has multiple quirks like a Nomu, we can say he’s stronger than basic Nomu, so give him the 8-B+ rating we gave the multi tool nomu (of course that’s if we’re sneaky)
and yeah I guessed he alone wouldn’t get it, more of his big ass sword

I don’t know, given that he’s AFO’s trump card and has multiple quirks like a Nomu, we can say he’s stronger than basic Nomu, so give him the 8-B+ rating we gave the multi tool nomu (of course that’s if we’re sneaky)
and yeah I guessed he alone wouldn’t get it, more of his big ass sword
Nomu are also enhanced by the surgery from the doctor and we have no idea if Spinner has more Quirks than being giant either.

So he can't scale to any Nomu. He'll probably get his own feats or scaling anyway, so I don't think we'll need to jump through any hoops.

Back