• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Okay they added some scenes in multiple places, as expected. Gave us the students evacuating the city and some of the heroes fighting the Nomu. Bakugo angrily ringing a doorbell and yelling at whoever inside to evacuate is just hilarious. He wants to be fighting, but that doesn't mean he won't do his job as best as he can.

Endeavor is just erasing multiple Nomu and has some interaction with Aizawa as well.

They actually added some new scenes at the start of Mirko vs the High-Ends.

While her arm being twisted wasn't as bloody, they didn't shy away from showing her arm being twisted. Honestly the twist looks more brutal in animation, since we can see how her arm warps. Glad to see they weren't going to try lessen what happened to her.

Which just makes Shigaraki not lose his fingers from the last season look even worse.

Ending was with Kaminari's moment, not with Hawks. If they go by three chapters again, next episode could end with Twice's death.

This season is currently still going strong in my opinion. Also a Blu-ray ad shows Twice double melting in Toga's arms and Shigaraki calling for Machia.

Okay they added some scenes in multiple places, as expected. Gave us the students evacuating the city and some of the heroes fighting the Nomu. Bakugo angrily ringing a doorbell and yelling at whoever inside to evacuate is just hilarious. He wants to be fighting, but that doesn't mean he won't do his job as best as he can.

Endeavor is just erasing multiple Nomu and has some interaction with Aizawa as well.
Mmmmmmmmm more evidence for Endeavor to scale.

Also makes me ask if we‘re gonna give Aizawa a second key. Even if he isn’t upgraded in AP, I do remember a manga scene where Aizawa held Shigaraki with the capture scarf
They actually added some new scenes at the start of Mirko vs the High-Ends.

While her arm being twisted wasn't as bloody, they didn't shy away from showing her arm being twisted. Honestly the twist looks more brutal in animation, since we can see how her arm warps. Glad to see they weren't going to try lessen what happened to her.
Nice
Which just makes Shigaraki not lose his fingers from the last season look even worse.
Goddamn it Season 5

Also makes me ask if we‘re gonna give Aizawa a second key. Even if he isn’t upgraded in AP, I do remember a manga scene where Aizawa held Shigaraki with the capture scarf
He doesn't do anything to warrant a second key. I don't think his Quirk getting weaker should be used as a reason for making another key.

No Aizawa never once held Shigaraki with his capture tape. He tried to in the USJ but Shiggy caught it out of the air. He never caught him again to my knowledge.

He doesn't do anything to warrant a second key. I don't think his Quirk getting weaker should be used as a reason for making another key.

No Aizawa never once held Shigaraki with his capture tape. He tried to in the USJ but Shiggy caught it out of the air. He never caught him again to my knowledge.
Probably remembering another scene

anyways gonna make Spinner vs the Armor Spider

@TheRustyOne Wait if Base Deku’s strength score is too low to even be in the hero course, shouldn’t Pro Heroes and Villains atleast scale to that? I’d assume that their all stronger than him if his score isn’t even bottom tier hero course

WAIT DAMMIT WE JUST GOT A DEKU WIN AGAINST NARUTO
If Deku gets upgraded to High 7-A that match stays AP wasn't the main factor anyway, plus going from 550 Megatons to 1.84 Gigatons isn't much of a difference

Plus, we could always do a second battle and use Sage Mode Naruto

@TheRustyOne Wait if Base Deku’s strength score is too low to even be in the hero course, shouldn’t Pro Heroes and Villains atleast scale to that? I’d assume that their all stronger than him if his score isn’t even bottom tier hero course
That doesn't make any sense because base Deku is stronger than trained students like Monoma.

And that version of Deku is rated as stronger than Monoma with several months of hero training.
Yeah, he is, that comes from scaling as well

I’m talking about all Pro Heroes. It is quite literally the reason for scaling some characters on their profiles

The only reason so many students scale to his Base value is because of Villain Bots and what happens in the Sports Festival.

There are heroes and villains who have no physical training whatsoever. The U.A. Entrance Exam is stated by Aizawa to be illogical because of the villain bot things.

Why are you bringing this up.

Yeah, he is, that comes from scaling as well

I’m talking about all Pro Heroes. It is quite literally the reason for scaling some characters on their profiles
Just scale the Pro Heroes to their own feats.

Stop trying to find ways to make them Large Building level if there is no legitimate way for them to be Large Building level themselves.

The only reason so many students scale to his Base value is because of Villain Bots and what happens in the Sports Festival.

There are heroes and villains who have no physical training whatsoever. The U.A. Entrance Exam is stated by Aizawa to be illogical because of the villain bot things.

Why are you bringing this up.
I don’t know because it’s the reason people have their ratings
If we’re gonna scale them like that might as well go all the way and do LS as well

Just finished watching the latest episode, and it's...whatever. Maybe I just had way too much expectations considering this is the biggest arc of the series, but I just couldn't help but feel bored watching Mirko's fight. Also, what's funny, when Mirko rips off the high-ends head and cracks the ground, it doesn't show it in the next shot lol
Maybe they are saving their budged for Deku vs Shigaraki, but so far I wouldn't really even call this an improvement from S5 in terms of animation quality. But yeah, that's just my thoughts on it.

I don’t know because it’s the reason people have their ratings
If we’re gonna scale them like that might as well go all the way and do LS as well
What are you talking about? I don't understand this point. When did LS become a thing here? Is that what you're talking about?

What are you talking about? I don't understand this point.
“As a Pro Hero, she should be superior to most normal students such as base Deku and Shinso, whose strength test score was too low to be placed into the hero course”
Taken from Mandalay‘s profile.
If I remember correctly we never saw her physically act in series, so why does she have the rating? Because the community decided that it was a good solution.
If we’re gonna say that she should be physically superior in Strength stats as a pro hero, we do that all the way.

Shit I ain’t allowed to do that without a CRT
Im not a mod
And mandalay is used as a scaling for multiple other characters, so that affects their profiles too.
I'm not telling you to do that.

An expression, meaning we'll remove that from her profile.

Only Spinner scales to Mandalay, no one else fights her to my knowledge.

I'm not telling you to do that.

An expression, meaning we'll remove that from her profile.

Only Spinner scales to Mandalay, no one else fights her to my knowledge.
Yeah was gonna remove the “multiple” part
I’d say she’d downscale from Tiger her teammate? But that changes like
Nothing
Anyways Ima go back to trying to measure spinners sword

Yeah was gonna remove the “multiple” part
I’d say she’d downscale from Tiger her teammate? But that changes like
She isn't scaling to Tiger period, he's even noted as being a very strong Pro Hero.

While we don't use it for scaling do to inconsistency, the Guidebook even gives him A rank in terms of strength.

She and Spinner can be Unknown.

Yeah like shigaraki
1f5ff.png

I find it odd that a random Nomu in the episode was literally warping space to crush Mirko’s arm

Did that happen in the manga too? Or

Back