• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I think we should gather up everyone in this thread and force them to have an FFA in an open field or something. winner is then allowed to accept or reject any calc they want. If someone wants to contest this we have another battle royale, and a new winner is decided. Seems simpler than what normally goes on in here.

There is no reason to compare Shigaraki to any other version of All Might.
All Might weakening wasn't even public knowledge, it was just a guess and AFO and Ujiko could not predict exactly how much weaker he is.
They did know how strong he was, they made a Nomu who could match him in power despite him weakening.
But NO, none of the Nomus scale to Prime All Might especially with how their defense turned out against Mirko. There is an undefined gap between Perfected Nomu (Shigaraki) and High-ends. In the SnS fight, this gap seems negligible since both Shigaraki and the High-end go through the same attacks.
Their attacks could significantly harm Mirko, she took a lot of damage even when nullifying their attack, some of them could straight up pierce through her legs (her most durable aspect) and rip one off.
And in the previous chapters Mirko straight up took a smash to the noggon and lived to tell the story. This was from a beyond prime Am Tomura at that.
But in the current fight, quirkless Shigaraki with only his Nomu physical stats takes multiple attacks from Mirko with no bleeding or injury even though he is mildly affected (he even wobbles). Meanwhile High-ends without activating a defensive quirk are like butter to Mirko's kicks. So there's clearly a physical gap there between High-ends and what is considered a perfected Nomu.

With the SnS attack, it is more accurate to say Prime AM scales to them since that feat is mostly attributed to the winged High-end so any character considered above it like Prime AM and current Shiggy gets to scale. It's mostly cause Prime AM is basically featless in the main manga.

The only characters Prime AM won't physically scale to is current Deku (120%) and AFO-Shiggy if he regains his quirks and/or surpasses Prime AM level.
Im referring to AP, i can agree no one is as durable as shiggy outside of deku or prime am.

I think we should gather up everyone in this thread and force them to have an FFA in an open field or something. winner is then allowed to accept or reject any calc they want. If someone wants to contest this we have another battle royale, and a new winner is decided. Seems simpler than what normally goes on in here.
Back to the ancient times. The strongest fist wins.

I think Bakugo even has a 7-C feat in the first movie.

But we rejected those because the manga didn't have any feat close to it. Probably for the best because 5% Deku being Town level would make Base Deku Town level as well.
yeeeeeeeeah
Town level base Deku doesn’t sound good
But I mean the other 8-B feats would be nice as supports no?

I'm back, what have I missed? Also made this calc for some reason, this puts Wolfram's cube in the first movie at High 7-A+. (And it's a low ball)

Even if all cloud calcs disappear for some magical reason, we should have some upgrade. Note: Tier 6 should still be happening, I just don't know where in Tier 6.

OFA Unleashed, interesting title and cover page as well. Nice to finally know what Toru looks like in color.

Love seeing All For Shiggy trying to explain that Shigaraki is gone when he has his family members as fingers, and while Shigaraki/Tenko is being shown to break out of AFO. Seems like AFO is struggling to keep Shigaraki/Tenko as part of him, we saw how his emotions are actually letting him speak out.

Mirio even points out that he's lying. He remembers that reaction he had from before, nothing stable about that. Those head finger things are revolting, I swear. Holy god, Shigaraki jumps and causes the entire U.A. Building to go down. That could be a slight feat there, is jumping considering Lifting Strength anymore?

...Did Izuku block a Prime All Might level punch that easily? Seems like he used Blackwhip + Fa Jin to help as well, but still that's ridiculous. He's already showing how absurdly strong he's become, Black Chain is a nice attack and great to see Fa Jin can be used through Blackwhip as well.

I like seeing Izuku turn Blackwhip into different things, seeing him make chains has me hopeful he'll do more. All For Shiggy breaks out of the whip but Izuku's already moved. And... We're getting the second user's Quirk already!? If Izuku starts beating down All For Shiggy now, there is no doubt he's going to get stronger.

Seems like the second user's Quirk has a five minute time limit. Considering his wording Izuku must not be able to do much after this five minutes. All For Shiggy tries to jump away but Izuku statues him and lands three punches. Second to Top Gear. Speed has massively increased beyond Fa Jin.

Mirio is shocked by the sound being delayed. Oh god bet they're going to make a big deal about him being faster than sound or something.

This has been a fantastic build up to this Quirk. Transmission, the ability to change the velocity of anything he touches. I understand what that weapon the Second User was wielding does. It must have been a kinetic projectile that he already has touched, allowing him to fire it and then increase its speed.

100% has become 120%. This speed is insane, since All For Shiggy jumped and Izuku reached him before he could even rise any significate amount. This would be Vector Manipulation I believe. An insane ability and something I'm very much excited for, as I'm glad it isn't just a energy beam or ranged attack.

This has many uses, and is far above a simple Fa Jin or Faux 100%. I see why Izuku wanted to use the second user's Quirk. I can see this being applied to other things, imagine Bakugo or someone else being boosted by Transmission. Note: Transmission is a very cool name.

I think it's been made clear that Izuku being on the battlefield at the start would've crushed Shigaraki with everyone else's help. This is a very well done chapter and something we've been waiting for. MHA has never failed to keep my interest and I'm all for this ride.
Finally, a good cloudless feat

I'm back, what have I missed? Also made this calc for some reason, this puts Wolfram's cube in the first movie at High 7-A+. (And it's a low ball)

Even if all cloud calcs disappear for some magical reason, we should have some upgrade. Note: Tier 6 should still be happening, I just don't know where in Tier 6.

OFA Unleashed, interesting title and cover page as well. Nice to finally know what Toru looks like in color.

Love seeing All For Shiggy trying to explain that Shigaraki is gone when he has his family members as fingers, and while Shigaraki/Tenko is being shown to break out of AFO. Seems like AFO is struggling to keep Shigaraki/Tenko as part of him, we saw how his emotions are actually letting him speak out.

Mirio even points out that he's lying. He remembers that reaction he had from before, nothing stable about that. Those head finger things are revolting, I swear. Holy god, Shigaraki jumps and causes the entire U.A. Building to go down. That could be a slight feat there, is jumping considering Lifting Strength anymore?

...Did Izuku block a Prime All Might level punch that easily? Seems like he used Blackwhip + Fa Jin to help as well, but still that's ridiculous. He's already showing how absurdly strong he's become, Black Chain is a nice attack and great to see Fa Jin can be used through Blackwhip as well.

I like seeing Izuku turn Blackwhip into different things, seeing him make chains has me hopeful he'll do more. All For Shiggy breaks out of the whip but Izuku's already moved. And... We're getting the second user's Quirk already!? If Izuku starts beating down All For Shiggy now, there is no doubt he's going to get stronger.

Seems like the second user's Quirk has a five minute time limit. Considering his wording Izuku must not be able to do much after this five minutes. All For Shiggy tries to jump away but Izuku statues him and lands three punches. Second to Top Gear. Speed has massively increased beyond Fa Jin.

Mirio is shocked by the sound being delayed. Oh god bet they're going to make a big deal about him being faster than sound or something.

This has been a fantastic build up to this Quirk. Transmission, the ability to change the velocity of anything he touches. I understand what that weapon the Second User was wielding does. It must have been a kinetic projectile that he already has touched, allowing him to fire it and then increase its speed.

100% has become 120%. This speed is insane, since All For Shiggy jumped and Izuku reached him before he could even rise any significate amount. This would be Vector Manipulation I believe. An insane ability and something I'm very much excited for, as I'm glad it isn't just a energy beam or ranged attack.

This has many uses, and is far above a simple Fa Jin or Faux 100%. I see why Izuku wanted to use the second user's Quirk. I can see this being applied to other things, imagine Bakugo or someone else being boosted by Transmission. Note: Transmission is a very cool name.

I think it's been made clear that Izuku being on the battlefield at the start would've crushed Shigaraki with everyone else's help. This is a very well done chapter and something we've been waiting for. MHA has never failed to keep my interest and I'm all for this ride.
Wait a second, hadn't this method of measuring the big cube been declared incorrect upon discovering that the tower had an official size?

Wait a second, hadn't this method of measuring the big cube been declared incorrect upon discovering that the tower had an official size?
What are you talking about? I'm using the smaller cube to measure the bigger cube.

I'm not using the tower size, it has nothing to do with my calculation.

Another calc tried to use the tower size to find the size of the cube, by using the tower to find the size of a giant thing Wolfram made. And try and compare that and use it to find the cube size. It was like 8 different scans or something and was a mess.

I was the person who debunked that calc for that reason. But once again, my calc doesn't rely on the tower size at all. So I don't see your point here.

Okay, I did not expect to start with a flashback. AFO holding the second user, while crying for some reason.

His Quirk can indeed be used on objects, he used it to increase the power of his bullets. Though back then it was nothing compared to AFO. You guys weren't joking, AFO has some serious mental issues. Also it seems like the Quirk's name is indeed Gear Shift.

Um... What!? I'm sorry? "And when the raw stored up power of OFA... Overlaps with Gear Shift, that smash... Packs enough power to bend... Even the laws of physics!"

What kind of statement is this, what is Izuku doing? Detroit Smash: Quintuple? So his attack became 5X stronger than normal? How has the U.A. Fortress not just fallen to the ground already. Shigaraki confirms that he cannot track Izuku once again, but he'll try and predict him based on the angle and timing of his previous attacks.

He goes for a hit but misses badly, Izuku wasn't close to him. Izuku uses Low Gear to slow his speed down. It can change speed while ignoring inertia. Shigaraki tires to attack but Izuku blinds him with Smokescreen. Izuku has good control over his Quirks right now, in this moment he is going ham.

Oh wow. Izuku can store up the energy of that Quintuple and boost it further with Fa Jin. Just punched a hole straight through Shigaraki and destroyed his finger armor. Seems like All For Shiggy isn't done just yet. His body is doing some weird stuff, but it seems like we'll finally be switching POVs to giant Spinner.

Once again another exciting chapter, however I need to read the official translations here. I'm a little confused by some parts here.

So the Nomu's scale to prime all might and when the doctor said tomura wasn't quite on Am's level he was referring to prime Am
This is kinda dumb because its directly stated in s3 or 4 i think that no hero was even close to all might which would mean endeavor would be relative to prime all might for damaging shiggy which is beyond the leveles of inconsistent

This is kinda dumb because its directly stated in s3 or 4 i think that no hero was even close to all might which would mean endeavor would be relative to prime all might for damaging shiggy which is beyond the level of inconsistent
Not really when Endeavor has a dura neg quirk. Also, the gap between weakened and prime all might isn't that big. Even now, though heroes did lose, they could still keep up. It's pretty clear that even though All Might was the strongest, he wasn't this unstoppable God who would flick everyone.

This is kinda dumb because its directly stated in s3 or 4 i think that no hero was even close to all might which would mean endeavor would be relative to prime all might for damaging shiggy which is beyond the leveles of inconsistent
None of them scale to Prime All Might. Endeavor is still below even weakened All Might, though he is more comparable than people expected.

Weaker but still comparable enough that he can take hits.

I don't know what Timmy is talking about. The only people who directly scale to Prime All Might level is Shigaraki and Izuku in their current states.

There isn't a single Nomu that will be scaling to Prime All Might.

I don't know what Timmy is talking about. The only people who directly scale to Prime All Might level is Shigaraki and Izuku in their current states.
I’m talking about Mirko taking a punch to the face and not getting decapitated. A punch from an enraged, stronger than prime AM, Tomura and getting up and walking off.

The fact that some Nomus could straight up rip her limbs off or his fingers being capable of tearing apart her arm would scale them to him.

She got knocked out, sure, not disagreeing with that. But when it comes to the physicality damage she took from the punch it doesn’t seem to have done anything major like blow her face apart
Tbh its probably because the editors wouldnt let horikoshi kill a popular character in such a brutal way let alone any character for that matter

I’m talking about Mirko taking a punch to the face and not getting decapitated. A punch from an enraged, stronger than prime AM, Tomura and getting up and walking off.
Not at all.

Mirko herself is downscaling below their rating. She was knocked out in one hit and is barely just getting back up.

We don't fully scale people to an attack that does that kind of damage to them.

Just means Weakened All Might and Prime All Might aren't meant to be worlds apart from each other.

No Nomu will directly scale to Prime All Might level. Just means even weakened All Might level people are comparable to Prime All Might.

Let’s be honest here, Mirko survives the hits she takes because of her willpower more than her durability actually scaling. If Weakened AM hit her in the face like Shiggy did, she’d be critically hurt like if a High End did it. She just tends to ignore any attacks that don’t directly KO her.

Not at all.

Mirko herself is downscaling below their rating. She was knocked out in one hit and is barely just getting back up.

We don't fully scale people to an attack that does that kind of damage to them.

Just means Weakened All Might and Prime All Might aren't meant to be worlds apart from each other.

No Nomu will directly scale to Prime All Might level. Just means even weakened All Might level people are comparable to Prime All Might.
Hey so in that Wolfram calc you have 100% Striking Strength scaling to the Class P value.

Would you then say that anyone unmoved by 100% punches would scale to that value

Let’s be honest here, Mirko survives the hits she takes because of her willpower more than her durability actually scaling. If Weakened AM hit her in the face like Shiggy did, she’d be critically hurt like if a High End did it. She just tends to ignore any attacks that don’t directly KO her.
The issue is that most people assume instant death.

Her not exploding into chunks or not even having every bone in her face broken into pieces. Okay while her face could be broken I highly doubt she's going to appeared disfigured. Even Bakugo when punched by Prime All Might level strength wasn't impaled straight through. And his heart explosion happened inward.

Even though he could pierce through Ryukyu's hand with less than Prime All Might level strength.

Withstanding a punch/strike doesn't scale to Lifting Strength, has to be a continuous motion. That's why my Rappa calc was rejected for Kirishima and Fat Gum.

The issue is that most people assume instant death.

Her not exploding into chunks or not even having every bone in her face broken into pieces. Okay while her face could be broken I highly doubt she's going to appeared disfigured. Even Bakugo when punched by Prime All Might level strength wasn't impaled straight through. And his heart explosion happened inward.

Even though he could pierce through Ryukyu's hand with less than Prime All Might level strength.

Withstanding a punch/strike doesn't scale to Lifting Strength, has to be a continuous motion. That's why my Rappa calc was rejected for Kirishima and Fat Gum.
So if someone were to clash with a 100% punch for a prolonged period of time and not move, they would scale to it.

Like, you know, a certain muscle head we all know and love

So if someone were to clash with a 100% punch for a prolonged period of time and not move, they would scale to it.

Like, you know, a certain muscle head we all know and love
You would scale to their lifting strength, which is Class T.

100% does not scale to Class P, the lifting strength is only Class T. Only that instant impact would carry that level of force. There have been some talk of having striking force values, though nothing concrete and would honestly be confusing.

Though honestly I think withstanding a punch without flying should scale you to that level of force.

You would scale to their lifting strength, which is Class T.

100% does not scale to Class P, the lifting strength is only Class T. Only that instant impact would carry that level of force. There have been some talk of having striking force values, though nothing concrete and would honestly be confusing.

Though honestly I think withstanding a punch without flying should scale you to that level of force.
The logic I’m using is the same as the one used for the 20% vs Flect calc. 20% doesn’t have Class G LS naturally, but Flect blocked and pushed back against a strike from it that was Class G in force. 20% can then clash evenly with Flect physically, and thus scales to the value as well.

In this instance, 100% has a Class P feat for striking strength, and Muscular is able to withstand that amount of force basically unmoved after he gets serious. Even the first punch, when he was off guard from going easy and Deku suddenly getting stronger, barely moved him more than a few meters into the mountainside, so it’s not like Deku’s broken arm making his second punch weaker was a dynamic difference. So Muscular should naturally scale to the Class P striking strength, and then Deku scales off of Muscular since he can push against him with a broken arm.

Unless the striking strength feat can only be used in the instance that it is performed, which I would find weird since Deku would actually be stronger since that point in time due to how OFA works.

I guess that makes sense?

Either that or we should remove the Flect calc as well.

This would let them scale to the Class P value. I should probably ask some knowledgeable calc group members just to be sure.

What are you talking about? I'm using the smaller cube to measure the bigger cube.

I'm not using the tower size, it has nothing to do with my calculation.

Another calc tried to use the tower size to find the size of the cube, by using the tower to find the size of a giant thing Wolfram made. And try and compare that and use it to find the cube size. It was like 8 different scans or something and was a mess.

I was the person who debunked that calc for that reason. But once again, my calc doesn't rely on the tower size at all. So I don't see your point here.

Okay, I did not expect to start with a flashback. AFO holding the second user, while crying for some reason.

His Quirk can indeed be used on objects, he used it to increase the power of his bullets. Though back then it was nothing compared to AFO. You guys weren't joking, AFO has some serious mental issues. Also it seems like the Quirk's name is indeed Gear Shift.

Um... What!? I'm sorry? "And when the raw stored up power of OFA... Overlaps with Gear Shift, that smash... Packs enough power to bend... Even the laws of physics!"

What kind of statement is this, what is Izuku doing? Detroit Smash: Quintuple? So his attack became 5X stronger than normal? How has the U.A. Fortress not just fallen to the ground already. Shigaraki confirms that he cannot track Izuku once again, but he'll try and predict him based on the angle and timing of his previous attacks.

He goes for a hit but misses badly, Izuku wasn't close to him. Izuku uses Low Gear to slow his speed down. It can change speed while ignoring inertia. Shigaraki tires to attack but Izuku blinds him with Smokescreen. Izuku has good control over his Quirks right now, in this moment he is going ham.

Oh wow. Izuku can store up the energy of that Quintuple and boost it further with Fa Jin. Just punched a hole straight through Shigaraki and destroyed his finger armor. Seems like All For Shiggy isn't done just yet. His body is doing some weird stuff, but it seems like we'll finally be switching POVs to giant Spinner.

Once again another exciting chapter, however I need to read the official translations here. I'm a little confused by some parts here.
Yeah, I think a big chunk of that dialogue in the chapter was misrepresented in the scans. I do think it's the 2nd user speaking.

Also a lot of action panels like the quintuple smash are cut terribly considering it should be on one flowing page.

But Mangaplus also usually the same problem of cutting apart long pages and spreads. I think only Viz doesn't do that.

Mirko was knocked out with a single hit, that alone shows how vastly inferior she is to Shigaraki

I guess that makes sense?

Either that or we should remove the Flect calc as well.

This would let them scale to the Class P value. I should probably ask some knowledgeable calc group members just to be sure.
The only questionable part about a Class P scaling chain would be that the feats are separated. At least with Flect, the force was literally acted on his body, weakened by his Reflect, and then was STILL Class G when he pushed back against it.

The saving grace of this is that Deku’s 100% is the exact same if not stronger every single instance he uses it after another, since OFA passively stockpiles power to become stronger. Hence Muscualr would have withstood something at least comparable to the Class P punch against Wolfram.

Tbh its probably because the editors wouldnt let horikoshi kill a popular character in such a brutal way let alone any character for that matter
Mirko does have consistent scaling of that level. At this point I take her more like Wonder Woman where she is technically Superman tier with great skill but shittier durability.

Basically being vulnerable to piercing/cutting attacks which is the same for a lot of other characters (Endeavor) but more resistant to blunt force attacks.

Also there aren’t really any anti feats for Class P, since the Class T feat from All Might was done when he was already past his time limit and coughing up blood while performing the feat, heavily weakened. The other Class T feat from Shigaraki was just him jumping, so it’s not like it was his true LS, and would just support that Class T isn’t anything special to these characters.

Should Shiggy scale to 5x the OFA 100% value? Assuming the Quintuple Smash means it’s linear.

This would also make Deku’s Overdrive Smash 5x stronger than his 100%.

Back