• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

20221005_180747.jpg

Amazing coloring by @big_linesdrawings on Twitter of one of Horikoshis sketches

Sorry to bother but can I please bring up some problems I think I found in other calcs? Tbh I am not really knowledgeable but

1. In the Strom dispersion calc I have some personal logical problems. Why would the lightning even be considered for KE? Each lightning strike seems to travel its full distance within a frame and linger for said frame. Why would you scale something with an unknown timeframe to another thing with the lightning as justification.

Also wouldn't the rotation of the storm only have said speed at the outer layer of it? Each layer closer to the center logically has a smaller distance to cover the same amount of its own circumference. Wouldn't splitting the cylinder into portions and calcing for each layer be much closer to reality with the way the feat is portrayed?

Lastly I think there is some sort of bias involved in taking a single frame of the feat with the most distance covered and then using that frame as a time Frame. Watching the feat frame by frame you can see that in most of the frames the Storm in fact isn't rotated as a byproduct of lazy animation. It's not like the storm is suddenly decelerating from hypersonic speeds to 0 m/s and back to hypersonic speed. Wouldn't it again be much more truthful to take full amoutt of distance covered and divide by the full time frame?

2. Why would shigaraki and Stars and stripes scale to the missiles? Obviously the high end was heavily injured. It's like saying some regular human is wall level for surviving a car crash. Also why would it make sense if shigaraki himself states had he been a millisecond late he would have been dead. On top of that stars and stripes had to use the missiles as a last resort too. Why would they scale. Tbh I might be incorrect but I just felt like asking.

3. For Stars and stripes cloud clap:
We can clearly see her not even 2km giant besides the clouds on her waist length. Yet the calc suggest 1,3km width for the clouds and 1 km cloud to ground distance. Why can we just scale the cloud from the good shots we have as direct comparison. Another point would be how averages are used af it's some sort of universal Standart that these facts apply. By the frame the used 1 km ground to cloud distance directly contradicts the 1,3km width?
And yet again I also find it weird to assume 1 second is good to use just cause shigaraki is still falling from several km up in the air. Don't we normally use 5 seconds for KE feats if given no timeframe or direct comparison to other things.

4. Why is it assumed tamaki moved UA with his plasma beam. Seems kinda baseless.

5. I have seen people here calc mach 7000 from shigaraki getting blitzed. I'd be ok if give enough reasoning for it. But reading through it islt just appears shigaraki got blitzed why would that indicate deku being 70 times faster than him.

Hmm okay. Just so you guys know I'm not proposing for changes regarding these calcs. I just wanted to point out potential errors. You guys can apply any tier to the characters you want so don't take this as an offense of some sort. But please regarding the other point can anybody clear up to me why the things are the way they are?

Sorry to bother but can I please bring up some problems I think I found in other calcs? Tbh I am not really knowledgeable but

1. In the Strom dispersion calc I have some personal logical problems. Why would the lightning even be considered for KE? Each lightning strike seems to travel its full distance within a frame and linger for said frame. Why would you scale something with an unknown timeframe to another thing with the lightning as justification.

Also wouldn't the rotation of the storm only have said speed at the outer layer of it? Each layer closer to the center logically has a smaller distance to cover the same amount of its own circumference. Wouldn't splitting the cylinder into portions and calcing for each layer be much closer to reality with the way the feat is portrayed?

Lastly I think there is some sort of bias involved in taking a single frame of the feat with the most distance covered and then using that frame as a time Frame. Watching the feat frame by frame you can see that in most of the frames the Storm in fact isn't rotated as a byproduct of lazy animation. It's not like the storm is suddenly decelerating from hypersonic speeds to 0 m/s and back to hypersonic speed. Wouldn't it again be much more truthful to take full amoutt of distance covered and divide by the full time frame?

2. Why would shigaraki and Stars and stripes scale to the missiles? Obviously the high end was heavily injured. It's like saying some regular human is wall level for surviving a car crash. Also why would it make sense if shigaraki himself states had he been a millisecond late he would have been dead. On top of that stars and stripes had to use the missiles as a last resort too. Why would they scale. Tbh I might be incorrect but I just felt like asking.

3. For Stars and stripes cloud clap:
We can clearly see her not even 2km giant besides the clouds on her waist length. Yet the calc suggest 1,3km width for the clouds and 1 km cloud to ground distance. Why can we just scale the cloud from the good shots we have as direct comparison. Another point would be how averages are used af it's some sort of universal Standart that these facts apply. By the frame the used 1 km ground to cloud distance directly contradicts the 1,3km width?
And yet again I also find it weird to assume 1 second is good to use just cause shigaraki is still falling from several km up in the air. Don't we normally use 5 seconds for KE feats if given no timeframe or direct comparison to other things.

4. Why is it assumed tamaki moved UA with his plasma beam. Seems kinda baseless.

5. I have seen people here calc mach 7000 from shigaraki getting blitzed. I'd be ok if give enough reasoning for it. But reading through it islt just appears shigaraki got blitzed why would that indicate deku being 70 times faster than him.
2. With the missiles, Shigaraki says it would have been fatal if he took the hit, but the next moment we see that the High-end that was sent out as the decoy survived the direct blow. And Shigaraki's durability is layers above High-ends.

One is a statement but the other is an outright feat. If the Near High-end had not survived that direct explosion, no one would have been able to scale Shigaraki to it.

Last edited:
Yeah but I already adressed that right. Since when is scaling someone to things they get turned into fried pieces of flesh from in any way logical. Shigarakis and sns statements were just backups for that. I mean isn't it an outlier anyway?

They only scale to one missile, nobody scales to the full value
Which is why we have to wait for the anime so that calc is on hold
Mach 7000 comes from Bakugo's Howitzer Impact: Cluster Speed, which nobody scales too

Ok so

2. You guys only scale one missile. I still see it as majorly flawed but I'm nkt gonna argue on that anymore

4. So really that was just speculation for a potential feat

5. Also doesn't scale to anyone.

What about the other points?

For the High End surviving, it’s severely burnt and damaged already from taking Star Keranous Laser spear, then seconds after it was freed from it, was blasted again by all of the jets Laser beams.

It didn’t go from fully healthy to severely damage just from the missiles, it got that way after withstanding prolonged laser beams that were searing it down to the bone, which it only survived due to regen. It was not at max capacity when Star directly punched it in the face, while it was still getting laser beamed, with the missiles, yet it still survived.

Hence why it bare minimum would survive a single missile at full health.

If the Nomu was completely healed and not damaged at all, and then Star punched it with the Missiles and it became near death to the point it’s only function was to explode, then arguing it would survive a single missle would absolutely be suspect.

But that’s not how it went down, so the argument is far more sound

Leaks coming out, the seconds Quirk apparently wasn’t very strong when AFO dealt with it, and he seemingly beat the Second user pretty easily. Also confirmed Telekinesis for AFO as he crushed a bullet from the Second without even looking at it.