• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

It's funny to see how horikoshi seems to believe that making an attack faster than sound is impressive on the verse, but the same feat with math can be "interpreted" as faster than light speed.
No, that's not quite it.

Mirio was only confused at how the sound of the attack was delayed, which is entirely different than him being shocked at Shigaraki being launched faster than the speed of sound.

Confusion /=/ Surprised or impressed

No, that's not quite it.

Mirio was only confused at how the sound of the attack was delayed, which is entirely different than him being shocked at Shigaraki being launched faster than the speed of sound.

Confusion /=/ Surprised or impressed
Why would he be confused by something that should be common to see in the supersonic characters around him?

I guess he was caught off-guard by the delay of the sound. Either way, I don't know what you're trying to say here. Horikoshi's drawn Deku and the cast to be supersonic ever since the Sports Festival.
Nono, I also think that Bnha characters are usually supersonic

i'm just messing around, because i find it funny that the best reference he could think of, was something that at first impression seems like a supersonic feat

Nono, I also think that Bnha characters are usually supersonic

i'm just messing around, because i find it funny that the best reference he could think of, was something that at first impression seems like a supersonic feat
Yeah, this makes me actually worried Horikoshi will pull a JJK and give some single digit Mach statement. It definitely wouldn't be surprising consider past statements (e.g "Hawks the Supersonic hero", "Edgeshot can transform at supersonic speeds" and etc.), so all that's left is hoping for the best, and instead of a Mach statement we get something like, "literally as fast as lightning" in the very least. maybe ftl statements but thats just me huffing copium

So the character is moving but the object appears frozen? Frozen time should be still fine no? Just find the speed of said object.
That’s what I did with the jet calc
I.E Shigaraki moved so fast that in one series of swift motions he hopped from jet to jet without it seemingly like any of them moved
"100% becomes 120%" kind of implies he was using 100% before the Gear Shift.
Oh damn hell yeah yea yeehaw
Read TheRustyOne's comment brother. On a side note Deku never used 30% on that fight, only 45%. The calc is just outdated.
Oh yeah I meant to ask, if we do find a bullet speed for Nagant’s bullets which is higher than 1422 m/s, can we use that with your calc for Faux 100% (Mach 100.60).
I ask cause Nagant’s rifle arm is a static speed (unless she herself makes it go up)

That’s what I did with the jet calc
I.E Shigaraki moved so fast that in one series of swift motions he hopped from jet to jet without it seemingly like any of them moved
How do you know they were frozen, even one of the pilots knew Shigaraki was in his jet and tried to sacrifice himself, which means Shigaraki wasn't even able to blitz their perception speed.
Oh yeah I meant to ask, if we do find a bullet speed for Nagant’s bullets which is higher than 1422 m/s, can we use that with your calc for Faux 100% (Mach 100.60).
Yes.

Just finished another one.

c7tmctl.png

Which one should I do next? Are their any characters which need their renders colored?

The physics of Shigaraki jumping and PUSHING UA down, and then FALLING onto Deku while he or no one else is sent flying into the air from THE ENTIRE PLACE BEING THROWN DOWNWARDS is really strange.

but hey, anime.

I'm sure we will get a lot more explanations into Deku's new quirk as the fight goes on but I think just one chapter is too little information to go off on.

like we have no direct confirmation whether Deku used it on Shigaraki to slow him down or move his body faster. It's just speculation at this point. All we know is Deku used it on himself.

Also a lot of mangaka's do seem to find supersonic impressive despite including feats way beyond supersonic. Kinda reminds me of the debate last year & early last year of Six in Vigilantes saying Koichi wouldn't be able to react to a supersonic bullet.

Pretty sure Deku only used it on himself. He had to make a specific hand movement before he activated the Quirk, which we don’t see during the blitz.

Wouldnt make sense that he used it on Shigaraki. If we think of the quirk as a literal quirk version of a car’s transmission, you don’t slow it down with a gear change, you put it in reverse when you change the gear like that, which means Shigaraki would go backwards in time I guess.

The “sound was delayed” also wouldn’t make sense unless he also touched and slowed down the air

How do you know they were frozen, even one of the pilots knew Shigaraki was in his jet and tried to sacrifice himself, which means Shigaraki wasn't even able to blitz their perception speed.
Yeah, it was the last one (or the one He jumped off of to kill her). It is, again, why I’m asking if there was a standard for objects in the panel seeming like they didn’t move, but we know that they are moving at normal speed, and why i was throwing out distances they could have moved (like .5 meters)

I had guessed that because these Pilots were chosen (or well brought along by star) that they had some good ass reaction times.
ALSO, completely hypothetically, if I were to use Deku at the speed of sound (or superhuman for conservative results) because we know 45% is superior to 20%, which uses shockwaves to attack, would that be ok?

Also would the scene of Nagant sniping the first Decoy count as “frozen time“ (I tried measuring it and I got like a .3 meter difference in the decoy was away from the “40” on the road, which could have been a drawing mistake or something).

Pretty sure Deku only used it on himself. He had to make a specific hand movement before he activated the Quirk, which we don’t see during the blitz.

Wouldnt make sense that he used it on Shigaraki. If we think of the quirk as a literal quirk version of a car’s transmission, you don’t slow it down with a gear change, you put it in reverse when you change the gear like that, which means Shigaraki would go backwards in time I guess.

The “sound was delayed” also wouldn’t make sense unless he also touched and slowed down the air
In the official Viz translation that's now out, Shigaraki also asks, "what did he do to me" when his body is flying up.

Doesn't mean he used Transmission on Shigaraki, which hasn't been stated yet.

This could easily be him questioning what Izuku did in terms of an attack. The context is that he didn't see Izuku move and all of sudden he's launched into the air and coughing up blood. Him asking what Izuku did to him still fits in this scenario. The only confirmation we have is that Izuku is using Transmission on himself.

I believe waiting for the next chapter to explain what happen would be best. We'll get the answers very soon after all.

when you get back on
I just used 1 meter as the distance the Jets moved, because I was looking at other calculations and that’s what seemed to be the standard (if that’s good great, if not, we’ll its not like it was getting accepted anyways)

Any theories on what happens to Deku after his 5-min time limit? The 2nd user stated, "You're done once you use this" Maybe Deku loses usage of OFA when his time limit is up

Any theories on what happens to Deku after his 5-min time limit? The 2nd user stated, "You're done once you use this" Maybe Deku loses usage of OFA when his time limit is up
“You’re done once you use this.”
I think he just means that his energy reserves are gonna be incredibly low.
I doubt that the 2nd (who has the ability to let Deku use his quirk or not) would let him use a quirk which would completely disable usage of OFA

“You’re done once you use this.”
I think he just means that his energy reserves are gonna be incredibly low.
I doubt that the 2nd (who has the ability to let Deku use his quirk or not) would let him use a quirk which would completely disable usage of OFA
Yeah, especially since All For One is right around the corner after Shigaraki has been dealt with.

The Second User also stated the world loses if he doesn't win within five minutes.

Considering Izuku doesn't disagree with him, I imagine the drawback of this is going to be a big deal.

So much so that they're certain he'll lose if he can't finish All For Shiggy off before that happens.

Will he actually lose after running out of time? Nope. But it'll be pretty bad when it happens.

when you get back on
I just used 1 meter as the distance the Jets moved, because I was looking at other calculations and that’s what seemed to be the standard (if that’s good great, if not, we’ll its not like it was getting accepted anyways)
I guess you could use 1 meter and find the timeframe in which a jet can cover that distance. The jets don't necessarily have to be moving at top speed all the time though, that's an issue.
I'd say he just gets exhausted, but I'm not too worried because Deku will most likely go Plus Ultra and keep fighting even after those 5 minutes have passed.

Also would the scene of Nagant sniping the first Decoy count as “frozen time“ (I tried measuring it and I got like a .3 meter difference in the decoy was away from the “40” on the road, which could have been a drawing mistake or something).
We need a lot of evidence to prove if an object really is in frozen time, we cannot simply use it lightly in any given case.

Even if the object appears not to have moved, it's hard to tell if the object hasn't really moved several centimeters, since that's too small of a distance to notice.

In the feat you mention however, the smoke doesn't appear to be frozen in any way.

I guess you could use 1 meter and find the timeframe in which a jet can cover that distance. The jets don't necessarily have to be moving at top speed all the time though, that's an issue.
Why wouldn’t they be moving at top speed tho? They were trying to catch Shigaraki and finish him off who was fleeing, so they’d pretty much be in a desperate situation

Why wouldn’t they be moving at top speed tho? They were trying to catch Shigaraki and finish him off who was fleeing, so they’d pretty much be in a desperate situation
Catch Shigaraki? Shigaraki was already in their firing zone, where exactly do they have to go?? They also just got blinded by the exploding Nomu.

Like, I HEAVILY doubt Deku was only 7 meters away from Tomura after that Black Chain throw, since Deku didn’t move closer. So he blitzed across that distance, then launched him in the air with the punch, in the same Frozen Time.
I changed the method using the Black Chains between Deku and Shigaraki, still only got 8 meters.
Are you talking about the feat where Shiggy is jumping between jets?
That one precisely.

That will have to wait for the anime.
I still like to think I did decently on that
I changed the method using the Black Chains between Deku and Shigaraki, still only got 8 meters.
I don’t really think that it being that low is unreasonable he landed on a chunk of debris, that was flung from HIS OWN attack
That one precisely.
That one got 177 using 1 meter btw.

But yeah I can understand that (I’d only accept it as a supporting feat, not as the main speed one)

This doesn’t mean Shigaraki didn’t blitz their perception speed; he called out that Shiggy was on his jet after Shiggy blitzed the jets. It could have easily went like:

Shiggy blitzes jets

Then Shiggy lands on a single jet

After a sec, pilot realizes Shiggy is on his jet and tries to sacrifices

This doesn’t mean Shigaraki didn’t blitz their perception speed; he called out that Shiggy was on his jet after Shiggy blitzed the jets. It could have easily went like:

Shiggy blitzes jets

Then Shiggy lands on a single jet

After a sec, pilot realizes Shiggy is on his jet and tries to sacrifices
Maz I’m a be real so long as it’s accepted I’m good
cause I’ll have done something useful in the end.
But I do agree that they probably weren’t frozen, which is why I did use one meter.

I guess if we NEED proof, then we can say that a lot of them probably did see Shigaraki jump from out of the hole, too which they stated they needed to give star covering fire, and thus were getting in a more advantageous position, so they probably were going at top speed

That will have to wait for the anime.
Logical. Only hope now is the UA jump feat.
Higher than 7, we’re winning boys.

Anyway as I said, the speed doesn’t mean much to me personally given it’s a high enough amp to blitz people before adding Fa Jin to it, so I’m content with MHS+ in any form.

Also, 120% is with Overdrive, not the initial transmission/2nd Gear.

We need a lot of evidence to prove if an object really is in frozen time, we cannot simply use it lightly in any given case.

Even if the object appears not to have moved, it's hard to tell if the object hasn't really moved several centimeters, since that's too small of a distance to notice.

In the feat you mention however, the smoke doesn't appear to be frozen in any way.
Aight’ I’ll send you a picture, of the measurements I did, the distance Nagant was from the street is hard to get because it wasn’t shown, so I’m gonna use the height of the street to the panel and add it to the distance I got using the height of a building floor really close to the top of the smoke and doing the Ang sizing formula
I didn’t use Deku’s height for the Decoy’s height cause ya know, probably wasnt the same height as Deku
Superhuman (very conservative) and supersonic (superior to 20% which uses explicitly supersonic attacks) should be good right?
Logical. Only hope now is the UA jump feat.

Higher than 7, we’re winning boys.
cue moistcritikal WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Back