• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

ive already listened to the opening like 7 times, im legit so happy the animation for the opening is just as good (minus some small static shots) last time we had such a fluid opening was season 4.

First episode was beautiful, they really stepped up the animation

My thoughts didn’t change on the opening, I still don’t like it and think it’s a bit too light hearted and poppy for an arc like the war arc, but I love the ending

Since I was still confused about how you got that distance, and the movie gauntlets you are using are actually bigger than the ones from his latest costume, I just decided to make my own version, still MHS+.

Edit: I noticed the issue, you are using the old angsizing formula, you should be getting 7.20 meters instead of 14.42 meters.

Last edited:

Since I was still confused about how you got that distance, and the movie gauntlets you are using are actually bigger than the ones from his latest costume, I just decided to make my own version, still MHS+.

Edit: I noticed the issue, you are using the old angsizing formula, you should be getting 7.20 meters instead of 14.42 meters.
It’s still MHS+?
Noice
Question, I’ve noticed on other calculations that they put there reasonings for light speed objects being light speed on their calcs, can I just do that instead of making an entire thread?
Also I used the frozen time thing cause the jets didn’t move, and I had nothing better, you think using like .1 or .05 would be better

I think he got the distance from seeing how far Deku threw Tomura first. You can slightly see Deku’s gauntlet in the panel he uses Black Chain as a reference for how far the destroyed floor Tomura is standing on is from Deku.

Like, I HEAVILY doubt Deku was only 7 meters away from Tomura after that Black Chain throw, since Deku didn’t move closer. So he blitzed across that distance, then launched him in the air with the punch, in the same Frozen Time.

Also, is the idea that he did 3 punches rather than one punch still applicable? Due to the different angle of speed lines during his 2nd to Top Gear moment before Shigaraki actually gets launched.

I'm 100% sure he got the distance by angsizing, he only got 14 meters because of the bigger gauntlet and the wrong formula.

The panel is at such an odd angle that using the angsizing formula gives those results. We could probably get higher results if we just drew a line between Deku and Shiggy, but I'm not sure that's allowed.

Last edited:
Question, I’ve noticed on other calculations that they put there reasonings for light speed objects being light speed on their calcs, can I just do that instead of making an entire thread?
Also I used the frozen time thing cause the jets didn’t move, and I had nothing better, you think using like .1 or .05 would be better
I agree with TheRustyOne on anything regarding light speed calcs↓
I think we should wait for the anime to get to Star and Stripe's battle.

Since there is still contention if she touched the laser before or after she was hit. Which can drastically change the results.

At least wait until the battle is over or the jets do something else with their lasers.

I'm 100% sure he got the distance by angsizing, he only got 14 meters because of the bigger gauntlet and the wrong formula.

The panel is at such an odd angle that using the angsizing formula gives those results. We could probably get higher results if we just drew a line between Deku and Shiggy, but I'm not sure that's allowed.
Anything that can be done with Deku doing 3 punches before Shigaraki got launched in the same timeframe of the actual blitz?

Anything that can be done with Deku doing 3 punches before Shigaraki got launched in the same timeframe of the actual blitz?
The punches are a different kind of movement, we can't add them together with the distance Deku traveled to reach Shiggy.

We could calculate them separately using the same method, but we are just gonna get lower results as punching obviously cover less distance than a jump.

The punches are a different kind of movement, we can't add them together with the distance Deku traveled to reach Shiggy.

We could calculate them separately using the same method, but we are just gonna get lower results as punching obviously cover less distance than a jump.
But Shigaraki had the gear 2 speed in him no? So just use the speed you got from that as the timeframe for gear 3, repeat for 4, repeat for finale, of course this is if we throw cation to the wind and stop caring

Shouldn’t you be using the distance between Deku and Shiggy when he threw the Black Chain? That gives the best perspective of their distance, since they’re in the same panel together

Any idea where's that Mach 6.72 jet speed even coming from?

A collab effort, it is quite literally a rocket with wings in the best way possible. It’s experimental and couldn’t be finished due to constrains like Weather and MONEY

But given MHA time is like 100-200 ahead of ours (ya know the fully sentient AI and All) I think they may have had time to finish an aircraft that fast

Welp, that’s it from me then.

Still a really good speed feat, fastest in the series and that’s just 2nd Gear. Using your recent calc for the Faux 100%, he gets about 7.3x faster from it alone. Very impressive amp, especially since it’s just the first step

Hopefully we get more feats from it, or even just more feats in general. I’m liking the direction the absolute top of the verse is heading.

But Shigaraki had the gear 2 speed in him no? So just use the speed you got from that as the timeframe for gear 3, repeat for 4, repeat for finale, of course this is if we throw cation to the wind and stop caring
I don't think so, Deku activates Gear Shift on Shigaraki on the second to last panel, where he spins wildly, not during the 3 punch sequence.

I don't think so, Deku activates Gear Shift on Shigaraki on the second to last panel, where he spins wildly, not during the 3 punch sequence.
That seemed more like Deku spinning him because he moves past him so fast. I would assume the 3 punch sequence is when he is applying Gear Shift because we see him actually touch him and progressively make him faster with each Punch.

If he only did it when Shigaraki spins, that would imply he made Shigaraki go Overdrive, not himself as is implied with the state he seems to be in.

That seemed more like Deku spinning him because he moves past him so fast. I would assume the 3 punch sequence is when he is applying Gear Shift because we see him actually touch him and progressively make him faster with each Punch.

If he only did it when Shigaraki spins, that would imply he made Shigaraki go Overdrive, not himself as is implied with the state he seems to be in.
Mans made him into BEYBLADE BEYBLADE LET IT RIP

Don't even try suggesting me to calculate Deku supposedly blitzing a MHS+ object because I'm not going to calculate that insanity 🗿

Don't even start suggesting me to calculate Deku supposedly blitzing a MHS+ object because I'm not going to calculate that insanity 🗿
I’d say I’d do it for you if you told me I should try, but it‘s me, lord of bad ideas, so probably best not to

@Therefir
I have another bad idea.

Ok so if you use 1/1422 as the timeframe for UA being tilted (or however far we see Shigaraki jump in the panel idk I don’t have it) You get Something along the lines of ~600 gigatons. (And SOS is ~39)

This has been my stupid brain signing out

Back