• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I know where you're coming from, but it doesn't make sense for Shiggy to move such a massive object faster than he can move himself.

I was wondering about another method for the U.A. tilting.

Since we know that Shigaraki's jump was able to temporarily overpower the thrusters keeping U.A. in the air, then how about calculating the energy and force needed to move it and keep it there floating?

I know where you're coming from, but it doesn't make sense for Shiggy to move such a massive object faster than he can move himself.

I was wondering about another method for the U.A. tilting.

Since we know that Shigaraki's jump was able to temporarily overpower the thrusters keeping U.A. in the air, then how about calculating the energy and force needed to move it and keep it there floating?
Ah, he IS jumping against the weight of UA + the thrusters keeping it in the sky, ain’t he? And I assume the force of those thrusters to keep UA airborne has to be strong as hell.

Low Class T hell being left???

Wouldn’t be calc stacking since it occurs in the same timeframe

Just that it would be really hard to calculate
Assuming a calc stack, wouldn’t you take the speed of Shigaraki (Mach 2200 at the bare minimum), find the distance Deku launched him, then calc it like a blitz again (idk if it would be stopped time since Shigaraki actually got affected by Deku’s movements)

Unless I’m wrong and don’t know how to calc, which is likely

it’s why I called it a bad idea lol

But like for the jet thing can I use .1 as a timeframe, idk it just seems funny to use, especially because hes literally falling apart

I would just take Shigaraki's speed (Mach 2200) calculate the distance of Deku's punch, and then apply the time frozen formula.

As Deku punched a frozen Shigaraki before he could even get launched, assuming Deku was using Gear Shift on Shiggy's body during that scene.

But like for the jet thing can I use .1 as a timeframe, idk it just seems funny to use, especially because hes literally falling apart
You can do it for fun, but that timeframe is still random.

Honestly, for the speed, idc much as long as we get a solid understanding of where the boy is. Never know if someone will whip out a Quirk and react to him.

Now that LS tho-

You don’t have to ask to do something for fun, just don’t present it as if it’s a serious upgrade or anything.

You can do it for fun, but that timeframe is still random.
Why do you think I’m asking you

I WANT to do something helpful, even if I do it for fun I want it to be helpful in some way.

Which is why I’m asking, like is there a standard for this?
You can see why I didn't wanted to calculate that 🤣
this is like when rusty said that the inverse square law would get us something like 6-A results.
It’s so horrid I’m intrigued

Shiggy main body height: 86 px (1.75 m)

Distance between Shiggy and ground: 976 px (19.8 m)

19.8/(0.013/(343 x 2200)) = 1149313846 m/s

1149313846 m/s = 3.83c (FTL)

Upgrade time

Shiggy main body height: 86 px (1.75 m)

Distance between Shiggy and ground: 976 px (19.8 m)

19.8/(0.013/(343 x 2200)) = 1149313846 m/s

1149313846 m/s = 3.83c (FTL)

Upgrade time
I feel like it should also be mentioned that This would only apply to the third gear, fourth would be higher if there really are multi punches, not just one (Of course we don’t need to talk about this)

Wait does that mean 100% is also FTL? 120% is Overdrive, so shouldn’t 100% still be higher than gear 2?

I feel like it should also be mentioned that This would only apply to the third gear, fourth would be higher if there really are multi punches, not just one (Of course we don’t need to talk about this)

Wait does that mean 100% is also FTL? 120% is Overdrive, so shouldn’t 100% still be higher than gear 2?
He blitzed him with Overdrive, not 3rd gear, so this would be his max with Gear Shift. He can still amp with Fa Jin and 100% tho, since I don’t think his current percentage is mastered 100% yet.

But also shouldn’t 100% become MHS+? If Deku at 120% (Overdrive) is FTL, 100% should be comparable to his unnamed percentage (probably like 75%) with Gear 1 (MHS+)

But @Therefir if you are still online is there a standard for when there appears to be no movement from other objects in a panel compared to a character, but we dont use freeze/slow time

Or do people actually just pull Timeframes outta their ass

But also shouldn’t 100% become MHS+? If Deku at 120% (Overdrive) is FTL, 100% should be comparable to his unnamed percentage (probably like 75%) with Gear 1 (MHS+)
“Should be” isn’t concrete, no reasoning he should be that fast with 100%.

Also, not knowing what percentage he’s using is gimping us hard on a solid rating, especially since whatever % it is, it can’t be comparable in move speed to Prime AM/Faux 100%, but is comparable in reaction speed since it can react to Tomura. Which is weird.

Unless this form is unironically 100% Full Cowl and it just looks weird.

Been practicing with Clip Studio Paint for a few weeks, and decided to color one of the manga panels from the very first chapter.

0OZ1Hvf.png

Maybe I'll do more for the characters which don't have their renders colored, idk.

But @Therefir if you are still online is there a standard for when there appears to be no movement from other objects in a panel compared to a character, but we dont use freeze/slow time

Or do people actually just pull Timeframes outta their ass
So the character is moving but the object appears frozen? Frozen time should be still fine no? Just find the speed of said object.
Unless this form is unironically 100% Full Cowl and it just looks weird.
"100% becomes 120%" kind of implies he was using 100% before the Gear Shift.

Why not just use Transonic reactions (1/343)? If 30% couldn’t react without Danger Sense, 20% wouldn’t be able to react at all, and 20% is blatantly supersonic
Read TheRustyOne's comment brother. On a side note Deku never used 30% on that fight, only 45%. The calc is just outdated.

Last edited:
I still think the 3 punch panel is Deku increasing the gears on himself to hit faster, so don't go asking me for an evaluation for that FTL calc, it was never my intention for that to be taken seriously.

It's funny to see how horikoshi seems to believe that making an attack faster than sound is impressive on the verse, but the same feat with math can be "interpreted" as faster than light speed.

Back