• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Also would an earthquake type of calc work for shigaraki shaking ua theres a little panel showing ua and also hatsume and another guy in there when shigaraki jumps so that probably should give enough detail to know where it fits in those earthquake scales tho idk the formula used for those calcs

He was moreso confused and surprised at the fact that the attack came out of nowhere, though he did note that Shigaraki was blatantly launched above the speed of sound
The translation directly says Mirio was surprised by the fact that he is thrown up faster than the sound of the impact, wouldn’t be noted iykw.

Also would an earthquake type of calc work for shigaraki shaking ua theres a little panel showing ua and also hatsume and another guy in there when shigaraki jumps so that probably should give enough detail to know where it fits in those earthquake scales tho idk the formula used for those calcs
Just do kinetic energy of him knocking it downwards, would also scale to his lifting strength. I’ll calc it rq

The translation directly says Mirio was surprised by the fact that he is thrown up faster than the sound of the impact, wouldn’t be noted iykw.
Idk where ur getting that from, the translations I’m getting are saying this:

“TomurAFO is thrown upwards faster than the sound of the impact, as noticed by Mirio. He's very confused and doesn't understand where the attack came from. He realizes that it was much stronger than tha energy that covered his body before, so he thinks "no, it can't be..."”

Better to wait for officials I guess

“TomurAFO is thrown upwards faster than the sound of the impact, as noticed by Mirio.
oh wow, mirio felt the need to point out that someone was moved faster than sound and had a surprised expression of his face, even questioning it and yelling it out.
Not saying they’re not sound speed just pointing it out.

oh wow, mirio felt the need to point out that someone was moved faster than sound and had a surprised expression of his face, even questioning it and yelling it out.
Could have also been yelling in confusion, since Shiggy wasn’t even attacked by Deku and he was suddenly flung out of nowhere

Idc too much abt this topic tho so I’m willing to concede

Not a big deal, honestly. Stuff like this happens a decent bit in dragon ball z

“This is Dyspo, who has surpassed the speed of sound and light!” <— this is what I think anytime someone reacts to the speed of sound in Shonen

I’m so glad Horikoshi didn’t directly say “When Deku kicks into Overdrive, he can reach a speed of Mach 20” or some BS like that

“This is Dyspo, who has surpassed the speed of sound and light!” <— this is what I think anytime someone reacts to the speed of sound in Shonen
Yeah

I'm just waiting to see if my ideas are any good from Therefir
I mean yeah I just him to measure it more than me but I like to try.
I just dont wanna feel stupid anymore

Ah, but if horikoshi says that the Top tiers like weakened AFO or All might were always light speed in combat in an interview and in mentions from this chapter on and you guys would rush to put them in those categories even though none of their feats is remotely close of that

Ah, but if horikoshi says that the Top tiers like weakened AFO or All might were always light speed in combat in an interview and in mentions from this chapter on and you guys would rush to put them in those categories even though none of their feats is remotely close of that
From the jjk thread I read they don't, if there aren't any feats that bring them to that levels (or in the jjk thread case, downgrade them)

Probably because it would be easier to upgrade them to light speed than it would be to downgrade them to slower than the speed of sound. The limitation for light speed is “they haven’t done any valid feats close to it before” while the limit for speed of sound is “there are 50+ valid feats from nearly every tier and level of character in the series of them moving faster than the speed of sound.” So obviously one of them is going to be more receptive to positivity from the power scaling community than the other.

So Deku has potentially 5 tiers of blitzing people he can access.

First Gear(?) where he blitzes Shigaraki immediately, then 2nd-4th gear we don’t see much of since it’s in a single movement, but then 5th/Overdrive blitzes Shigaraki who is moving at 4th/Top Gear through the air. So is each stage capable of blitzing the previous stage? If so that’s actually insane, a level of speed way beyond anything in the series so far, and he seemed to get into Overdrive near instantly, so shifting gears doesn’t even take time for him to do.

So Deku has potentially 5 tiers of blitzing people he can access.

First Gear(?) where he blitzes Shigaraki immediately, then 2nd-4th gear we don’t see much of since it’s in a single movement, but then 5th/Overdrive blitzes Shigaraki who is moving at 4th/Top Gear through the air. So is each stage capable of blitzing the previous stage? If so that’s actually insane, a level of speed way beyond anything in the series so far, and he seemed to get into Overdrive near instantly, so shifting gears doesn’t even take time for him to do.
I am thinking it definitely has a massive stamina drain after the 5 minutes are over. Also explains why Deku wanted to use it to cross the ocean cause that would have been fast as hell too.

After a brief slump, Deku is once again back to being the fastest character in the verse. He already has 2 high level speed techniques now with Faux 100% and now this.

Let's suppose a rhetorical situation

If AFO Prime manages to get to where shigaraki and Deku are, and he overcomes Deku's combat speed even with his new quirk, and calmly tanks his attacks without the need to recover with Rewind... How would that affect the scaling?

If AFO Prime manages to get to where shigaraki and Deku are, and he overcomes Deku's combat speed even with his new quirk, and calmly tanks his attacks without the need to recover with Rewind... How would that affect the scaling?
Would we put in doubt the mentions of shigaraki? Or would we assume that AFO was always stronger and Prime All Might defeated him only with a "plus ultra" moment?
would we have to assume that afo became stronger than his original prime?

He won't tank anything from Deku without named quirks.

For instance, Hawks managed to cut him with a sword even after he recovered to his prime. Without activating defensive quirks, AFO just has a regular human body, at least what's regular in-universe, and is vulnerable to ordinary weapons (swords and guns - Tartarus). So if AFO tanks anything from Deku, it will be with defensive quirks. They might be old or new quirks.

Theoretically, in his arsenal AFO could have a bajillion defensive quirks like Shock Absorption and Stock (although this is a Vigs quirk), etcetera that could allow him to tank attacks from Deku right now.

Same for speed, Deku is just using 2 maybe 3 quirks right not to boost his speed (OFA, Fa Jin, ...) While AFO might have dozens of unknown speed quirks.

I think with AFO, we can't be 100% sure of his max power since even though we have seen many vestiges within him, there's only a handful of named quirks we have seen.

Would we put in doubt the mentions of shigaraki? Or would we assume that AFO was always stronger and Prime All Might defeated him only with a "plus ultra" moment?
would we have to assume that afo became stronger than his original prime?
Prime All Might dominated AFO

AFO used "mouth" tactics and basically riled up All Might by insulting Nana. Pretty much what he did with Endeavor and what he was trying to do with Deku. He got an opening and took it but despite the injury, All Might didn't go down and only became more ferocious.

In the flashback image All Might seems to have destroyed AFO's arms and crushed his head so he was clearly the stronger party.

For instance, Hawks managed to cut him with a sword even after he recovered to his prime. Without activating defensive quirks, AFO just has a regular human body, at least what's regular in-universe, and is vulnerable to ordinary weapons (swords and guns - Tartarus). So if AFO tanks anything from Deku
I mean even if he won’t have any resistances to blades or guns, Deku’s attacks are brute force; he’ll have trouble doing damage

Well, we finally found out what the Second User’s Quirk is. Deku now has the ability to change the velocity of whatever the user touches, and it’s power is determined by gears (One Piece fans will totally be pissed)

On another note, I’m surprised that Deku was able to combine Fa Jin with Blackwhip. Didn’t even think that was possible. But pretty cool nevertheless.

Now I'm also realizing just how unbelievably OP Deku has now become. This new Quirk is truly remarkable with the speed boost it grants both to himself and to anything Deku touches. I'm sure MHA supporters like @Kingofwolves999 and @Acer__ are having a field day with this, as now there's pretty clear proof that if 45% Deku is used in matches, he can instantly blitz his opponent and defeat them with this new Quirk. I mean, if he combines 45% OFA, Blackwhip, Fa Jin, and 5th Gear Transmission? No way any opponent in the same tier could survive that. Hell, he might even do that against AFO/Shigaraki, who knows?

Last edited:
Well, we finally found out what the Second User’s Quirk is. Deku now has the ability to change the velocity of whatever the user touches, and it’s power is determined by gears (One Piece fans will totally be pissed)

On another note, I’m surprised that Deku was able to combine Fa Jin with Blackwhip. Didn’t even think that was possible. But pretty cool nevertheless.

Now I'm also realizing just how unbelievably OP Deku has now become. This new Quirk is truly remarkable with the speed boost it grants both to himself and to anything Deku touches. I'm sure MHA supporters like @Kingofwolves999 and @Acer__ are having a field day with this, as now there's pretty clear proof that if 45% Deku is used in matches, he can instantly blitz his opponent and defeat them with this new Quirk. I mean, if he combines 45% OFA, Blackwhip, Fa Jin, and 5th Gear Transmission? No way any opponent in the same tier could survive that. Hell, he might even do that against AFO/Shigaraki, who knows?
You know me so well = )

You know me so well = )
😆 Yea, especially after seeing you contributing to so many of my threads.

I’m sure there’s some sort of limitation. I doubt he can use Gear 5 effectively, especially since it’s gotten so much more powerful over the years, and I imagine if he tries using it or combining it with his other Quirks, he might go too fast to control himself. The weaknesses will most definitely be addressed in the next chapter or the following one after that.

Regardless, just the first gear combined with his other Quirks should be enough to blitz his opponents.

😆 Yea, especially after seeing you contributing to so many of my threads.

I’m sure there’s some sort of limitation. I doubt he can use Gear 5 effectively, especially since it’s gotten so much more powerful over the years, and I imagine if he tries using it or combining it with his other Quirks, he might go too fast to control himself. The weaknesses will most definitely be addressed in the next chapter or the following one after that.

Regardless, just the first gear combined with his other Quirks should be enough to blitz his opponents.
Lol yeah, gear 1 is enough to blitz no gear, and gear 2 blitzes gear 1 so he really doesnt even need to go to gear 5, also chad deku getting 5 gears in a single quirk awakening when Luffy needed years to get 5 (this is a joke dont crucify me)

Question theoretically based on how one for all works

Could a person who gained OFA end up becoming a composite character basically since they gained the superpowers/quirks of every character that gained OFA before they did.

I said basically because something like that is what I’m saying.

Hey, so, in Deku's fight against Nagant, after saving Overhaul, Deku states he has still a leg left with Fa Jin. Does this mean by using both legs with stored-up fajin, he would be Mach 200?

Back