• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Bakugo has more Losses than Wins yeah, he has jobbed a lot but has also been strangely protected to an extent so he isn't really classified as a jobber character unlike Vegeta.

Oh no no no Bakugo heard the slander

He’s not done yet. He just got his ******* pockets ran and he’s hunched on the ground saying “not yet” when Best Jeanist tries to help him.

And now the sweat from his face is dripping into explosions.

THE SWEAT FROM HIS FACE IS EXPLODING INTO MINI-CLUSTERS

BAKUGO IS ABOUT TO GET A REAL QUIRK AWAKENING FROM THIS ASS WHOOPING WHAT THE ****?!?!?!?!? EXPLOSIONS FROM HIS WHOLE BODY?!?!?!?!?!?!?

CLUSTER WASN’T HIS AWAKENING???????????????????

For now the only student that possibly has 6-C aside from Deku might be Bakugo with his strongest attack due to the damage Shiggy although you can argue that part of that was due to temperature.

As for the 30% thing I believe that was a majorly agreed conjecture from his statements, it can be up to scrutiny if one wishes to talk more about it.
Isn’t Tokoyami scaling to All For One since he broke his mask with Ragnarok, which could take hits from Hideout Raid AM

He’s not done yet. He just got his ******* pockets ran and he’s hunched on the ground saying “not yet” when Best Jeanist tries to help him.

BAKUGO IS ABOUT TO GET A REAL QUIRK AWAKENING FROM THIS ASS WHOOPING WHAT THE ****?!?!?!?!? EXPLOSIONS FROM HIS WHOLE BODY?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Shit's crazy.

Mirio should be in the same speed scale as Shigaraki but he basically has prediction abilities so it is to be expected. However he didn't get a power up as I thought but it seems Nejire can infuse her power into Mirio granting him basically superstrength.
So Nejire can get something for that, like power granting or something.
Tamaki poisons Shiggy but his body evolves to expel the poison.
And yeah, it looks like Bakugo's quirk awakening is finally here.

Nejire is just putting Wave Motion on Mirio so yeah not sure how that works, but with how Wave Motion works you can interpret that as Power Granting.

As for Mirio's speed, we can just say he trained. Not sure if this warrants a new key however but he clearly doesn't have the same speed as before. It's kinda frustrating writing-wise but it is what it is, and speed is often ignored in stories for the sake of writing convenience.

Nejire is just putting Wave Motion on Mirio so yeah not sure how that works, but with how Wave Motion works you can interpret that as Power Granting.

As for Mirio's speed, we can just say he trained. Not sure if this warrants a new key however but he clearly doesn't have the same speed as before. It's kinda frustrating writing-wise but it is what it is, and speed is often ignored in stories for the sake of writing convenience.
I mean if we wanna talk about writing inconsistencies Bakugo has been growing concurrently with Deku for the entire manga. He’s faster than 20% which was near blitzing Overhaul, meaning Bakugo is faster than Mirio and Sir Nighteye, and that’s without Cluster.

Speed tiers have honestly been more flexible than the AP for this manga depending on the character. Mirio being as fast if not faster than all the other pros, when we know he hasn’t stopped training since he lost his Quirk, isn’t even remotely that bad in retrospect.

So Nejire needs some kind of ability for amping Mirio’s punches.

Tamaki now has Camouflage. He also has cricket(?) feet so he could be faster. Also why doesn’t he have Statistics Amplification since his animal parts are generally stronger than his normal body? Or body control?

Mirio just needs a new key with faster speed. He isn’t Massively Hypersonic yet but if he dodges Shiggy’s actual body rather than the hands then god damn lol. And I’m glad he’s juiced up so he can actually go toe to toe with Shiggy and deal some type of damage to him, so now we can see what an actual fight between the two results in (while Shiggy has no quirks still of course)

Also Shiggy of course needs reactive evolution since his body is evolving mid fight to deal with what’s happening to him (like growing mouths to expel the poison)

Last edited:
Oh no no no Bakugo heard the slander

I take what i said above lmfao
The true Bakugo Haters feeling right now:
images

I mean if we wanna talk about writing inconsistencies Bakugo has been growing concurrently with Deku for the entire manga. He’s faster than 20% which was near blitzing Overhaul, meaning Bakugo is faster than Mirio and Sir Nighteye, and that’s without Cluster.

Speed tiers have honestly been more flexible than the AP for this manga depending on the character. Mirio being as fast if not faster than all the other pros, when we know he hasn’t stopped training since he lost his Quirk, isn’t even remotely that bad in retrospect.
I think you are mixing up 2 different kinds of speed. Bakugo has always had faster movement speed than Mirio and especially Nighteye who is basically just an ordinary human in-universe. Nighteye and Mirio have their reaction speed mainly originating from their predictive abilities. They can predict stuff ahead of time thus take actions to dodge or in Mirio's case, phase and unphase.

In terms of movement speed, Mirio's fastest move is obviously phantom menace but I don't know how fast it is considered here.

In terms of reactions, probably only something like Danger Sense and Koichi's instinctual reactions come close to what Nighteye and Mirio's predictive abilities.

I think you are mixing up 2 different kinds of speed. Bakugo has always had faster movement speed than Mirio and especially Nighteye who is basically just an ordinary human in-universe. Nighteye and Mirio have their reaction speed mainly originating from their predictive abilities. They can predict stuff ahead of time thus take actions to dodge or in Mirio's case, phase and unphase.

In terms of movement speed, Mirio's fastest move is obviously phantom menace but I don't know how fast it is considered here.

In terms of reactions, probably only something like Danger Sense and Koichi's instinctual reactions come close to what Nighteye and Mirio's predictive abilities.
The initial point was claiming Mirio’s speed isn’t the same as before and it would be a writing inconsistency for him to be this fast. It’s clearly talking about him reacting to Shiggy’s hands, so idk how I’m confusing two speeds. I don’t see where movement speed is coming into this, it’s all combat speed and reactions.

And even then, Bakugo’s reactions are faster than Nighteyes currently. Nighteye was slower than Fused Overhaul who was slower than 20% who is slower than 30% who Bakugo was comparable to until he got even faster. Bakugo has been growing exponentially as the story goes on, so I don’t see how Mirio becoming faster and dodging Shigaraki is strange.

Also should we add in Weakened AFO’s quirks from his fight with Endeavor? I don’t think we’re going to be seeing that version of him fight again, so adding his new quirks shouldn’t be controversial.
Yeah I don’t see a point in giving Pre-Regen AFO a new key since he didn’t really do too much; I’d just add his current abilities onto his weakened key

From the latest spoilers, with all the blood Bakugo losing....his awakening will be explosions from his blood instead of sweat(cope for blood explosion fanfic)

First of all, Bakugo is in a fairly different situation. He was constantly training and fighting and was alongside Deku whom is the one he is trying to keep up with. Mirio was quirkless for the majority of this time and will only have basic physical training.

Secondly, it's not like I'm saying Bakugo's growth rate isn't a little absurd either. It's simply more acceptable because we mostly follow Bakugo and mostly see his progress while Mirio was mostly off-screen. We see Bakugo go through life-and-death situations

If Mirio can reach OFA 100% levels of speed (even with reactions) without OFA within a very limited time period, without a quirk or any significant event that happened to him, that's simply problematic in terms of writing. Almost everyone that is on that level in the series are pros with years of experience under their name, aside from Deku, Shigaraki, and other artificially amped people.

I personally wouldn't have a problem if Mirio eventually does reach that level as long as it takes within a believable timeframe (as just like you said, the series has been very flexible in terms of speed). And honestly, we all know that MHA does suffer a bit because of the story being contained in almost just their first year in UA.

One thing that clearly deserves big praises though is how Mirio's lack of firepower has been consistent.

Bakugo has a high 6-c calc?
There is no blog yet, but Therefir got 117 gigatons from it
What are the other two feats? Could you link them here?

And the Bakugo Cluster one, so 4 High 6-C feats in total all 3 of them have been accepted too
The nabu one, the Stars and Stripes one, and Bakugou’s new feat got a 6C calc?
See above

First of all, Bakugo is in a fairly different situation. He was constantly training and fighting and was alongside Deku whom is the one he is trying to keep up with. Mirio was quirkless for the majority of this time and will only have basic physical training.

Secondly, it's not like I'm saying Bakugo's growth rate isn't a little absurd either. It's simply more acceptable because we mostly follow Bakugo and mostly see his progress while Mirio was mostly off-screen. We see Bakugo go through life-and-death situations

If Mirio can reach OFA 100% levels of speed (even with reactions) without OFA within a very limited time period, without a quirk or any significant event that happened to him, that's simply problematic in terms of writing. Almost everyone that is on that level in the series are pros with years of experience under their name, aside from Deku, Shigaraki, and other artificially amped people.

I personally wouldn't have a problem if Mirio eventually does reach that level as long as it takes within a believable timeframe (as just like you said, the series has been very flexible in terms of speed). And honestly, we all know that MHA does suffer a bit because of the story being contained in almost just their first year in UA.

One thing that clearly deserves big praises though is how Mirio's lack of firepower has been consistent.
The thing is we had the "closest to number 1" Mirio statement a long time ago. That statement even had people out him above Endeavor in so aspects back then. Obviously that was before Endeavor showcased his strength. All in all, Mirio was already presented as having the capabilities of an adult pro as early as his introduction.

We can simply even use someone like Ryukyu who was in the same raid as Mirio to kinda get Mirio's placing in-universe. Remember Ryukyu had zero issues stopping a sprinting Shigaraki who had apparently went beyond his limits mid-charge. She is clearly fast enough to react to that tier of speed.

Mirio's speed is confirmed to come from high prediction abilities and all he has to do is phase and unphase. He might be lacking in movement speed but phasing and unphasing his body to react to attacks he already predicted shouldn't be hard at all unless we think Shiggy can somehow blitz him unseen.

Could Shiggy’s shockwave against Re-Destro be an AP feat? I know that it was through decay, but it still generated a powerful shockwave, so

Back