• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Took me some time to make this, slowing down the clip and counting frame by frame, during the fight with Nomu, All Might threw roughly 40 punches in 1 second, which would be 2400 punches in one minute, keep in mind these are Detroit Smash level punches according to Midoriya.

Last edited:
It's kind of a testament of how strong Shock Absorption was as a defensive quirk. If AFO or Shigaraki had that, All Might and Deku would have been hard-pressed to win.

The only other quirk I think compares is Stock: Absorption & Release from that proto-Nomu, Garvey, in Vigilantes.

I was watching Heroes Rising and thinking that since Nine was pretty much the test subject for Shigaraki's process, in addition to getting his quirk memory increased, he probably was Nomufied too but to a lesser extent than Shiggy. Maybe to the level of a grey Nomu or ordinary black Nomu.

Also at least 3 of his quirks: Hydra, Air Walk and Finger lasers were very OP. Considering he stole them from heroes, those guys had to be pretty top tier especially whoever had Air Wall. They probably didn't have the same speed and reactions as Nine though since he only ever got tagged when his illness acted up.

Otherwise if he was 100% healthy, no one could have touched him.

His Storm also completely dwarfed 2 islands. Just waving his hand damaged huge parts of a city at the beginning. He could protect himself with tornadoes and call down lightning. And there's a part in the movie where his body emits some type of energy and even electricity.

He is just way too busted. If he wasn't sick, he would probably have been on Prime All Might level just based off of AP alone.

Well, he did take multiple OFA 100% Bakugo blasts without his shield and survived. He’s definitely enhanced way beyond a High End level at minimum, at least when that purple goop got injected (maybe that’s the same thing Shigaraki was sleeping in before he awoke).

He doesn’t emit electricity himself. If you’re referring to when he and the 2 OFA Deku and Bakugo just begin fighting for reals, he actually just unleashed a bunch of those Hydras, it was just animated strangely and given a lightning sound effect.

I was going through Heroes Rising’s final fight at slow motion and I’m a little confused. When Deku spear kicks Nine’s shield during the 2 OFA fight, why does the mountain in the background explode at the same time? It also seems to displace the ocean. Was it a shockwave from that kick or was it Bakugo jumping to catch up?

I was going through Heroes Rising’s final fight at slow motion and I’m a little confused. When Deku spear kicks Nine’s shield during the 2 OFA fight, why does the mountain in the background explode at the same time? It also seems to displace the ocean. Was it a shockwave from that kick or was it Bakugo jumping to catch up?
Which part? Have a time stamp?

Anyone able to calc Togaru blocking Bakogou's explosion at point blank range? 1:00 in

He didn't dodge it but he did get his arm up in time to block and Kacchan even commented on his reflexes

From what I googled a nitroglycerin explosion is about 7700 m/s or mach 22

Take a look at this. Explosion speed calcing isn't something we can do with Bakugo's blast.
Yeah I really doubt we can find the weight for Bakugo’s sweat which he’s detonating
Since that’s the proper way to Calc explosion dodging then punching it into that explosion calculator
if someone is willing to assume Bakugo’s sweat covers his entire palm and is 1 cm thick or whatever around it then by all means they can do it
But I doubt it will yield high that way

Which part? Have a time stamp?
I don’t have a time stamp, but its really easy to find. Final fight when Deku and Bakugo share OFA, after Bakugo throws that rock down the mountain, Nine makes a barrier which Deku then spin-kicks. After the spin kick lands, it shows a wide shot and the mountain which he’s nowhere near explodes. There are two massive explosions on screen.

Yeah at best we can scale Togaru to the movement of Bakugo's arms but we don't have any canon numbers for that and using calcs for it would be calc stacking.

Deku must have doged like 5 bullets at the same time in the leaks. Also Nagant definitely scales to at least 30% Deku's reaction speeds. And at least her arm transformation speed is supersonic from the cones and powerful enough to knock Deku away to escape his grip. So I guess she has enhanced strength but only in her right arm.

Well I’ll be damned, he actually dodged a bullet point blank. Though it seems impossible to calc, gonna probably have to wait for the anime scene next year.

Also, Lady Nagant is easily one of my favorite villains in the series, her powers, story and actions really hammer in the deadly, disgusting aspects of Hero Society, and Deku encountering this and understanding it, along with all the other bad parts of society, is fantastic writing. Really interested to see how much further we go now that Overhaul is here.

Also, Deku dodges like 6 bullets all curving at him at the same time and seems to be keeping up with her shots even at this range. Guess he was just off guard last chapter with her getting closer and wasn’t prepared?

I might just be being contrarian but Deku might have enough grasp of the situation that he can aimdodge Nagant to an extent, though he definitely still scales to the bullets for reacting to them. I just don't want to see Deku becoming several times faster than the bullets due to whatever calc appears because that won't make sense.
In any case, Nagant has a great backstory and I was right that she won't go down that easily, at the same time Deku should have the upper hand at close quarters. This fight is definitely one of the best 1v1 fights not just for Deku but for the entire series.

Well I’ll be damned, he actually dodged a bullet point blank. Though it seems impossible to calc, gonna probably have to wait for the anime scene next year.

Also, Lady Nagant is easily one of my favorite villains in the series, her powers, story and actions really hammer in the deadly, disgusting aspects of Hero Society, and Deku encountering this and understanding it, along with all the other bad parts of society, is fantastic writing. Really interested to see how much further we go now that Overhaul is here.

Also, Deku dodges like 6 bullets all curving at him at the same time and seems to be keeping up with her shots even at this range. Guess he was just off guard last chapter with her getting closer and wasn’t prepared?
I think he's better adapting to her as the fight goes on.

The 3rd’s quirk probably gave him an insane speed boost.

I’ve been wondering, All For One has a quirk that allows him to create multiple arms and hands (he used it to create that massive single fist from many other arms and hands). I wonder if he gave that quirk to Overhaul and Overhaul doesnt know it yet.

Yeah that one may take some time....although the best way to find her bullet speed is probably going to be the kinetic energy formula
But that will be rejected unless you make a Calc group discussion thread on it and ask if it is a valid vase scenario
Since it is taboo here to do that
Since it’s the only way using the KE formula for speed can actually get accepted without getting shut down in one word from a moderator

From the rules on KE calcs, I don’t see an issue from using her bullets? It seems to mainly only be an issue when using that KE for crazy high AP feats or light speed nonsense. This is literally a bullet being shot, the only way that even works is through KE.

Also, I think Fa Jin deactivated at some point during this chapter, as the energy isn’t there anymore, so he seems to have just gotten way better at predicting and avoiding the bullets, even though moments earlier he was worried about their speed increasing from him getting closer. She’s managing to land some hits on him with her bullets, but they’re glancing at best, even though she’s sending at least 6 of them, all curving around to hit him. So he just got better I guess, enough that she was worried. So his combat speed definitely scales to the bullets.

From the rules on KE calcs, I don’t see an issue from using her bullets? It seems to mainly only be an issue when using that KE for crazy high AP feats or light speed nonsense. This is literally a bullet being shot, the only way that even works is through KE.
They kinda just in general say don’t get speed from KE not
Be very cautious about getting speed from KE

high AP values around Tier 7 are only used as examples of how inflated it can get

Do not calculate speed from kinetic energy: The kinetic energy an object was calculated to possess, in any way whatsoever, should not be considered as related through its speed. While the formula technically can be used to relate those values in both direction this is disregarded in practice. One reason for this is that fiction in general differentiates between the attack potency and the speed of a character. Another reason is that it returns unrealistic values, as even a Small City level+ punch would already have Relativistic+ speed.

I remember I tried to Calc a meteors speed using relativistic KE but I was told not to do that even tho the meteors speed would’ve only taken characters from that verse from 0.04c to 0.12c if it was allowed
Meteors also only gain their energy through KE as well

I ain’t gonna fight it so long as there is a question and answers thread where a Calc group member says it’s fine or a Calc group discussion where people say it’s ok so long as it’s limited then I’m on board for Mach 90 bullets

Last edited:
Honestly the bullets are the calc group's call to make. Because I don't know what to think of it.

I wouldn't count on it going anywhere tbh. Even though Deku compared their power to a Howitzer, which gets its destructive power from raw KE, that's literally all that we have for leads, and it's a rather iffy one at that.

Honestly the bullets are the calc group's call to make. Because I don't know what to think of it.

I wouldn't count on it going anywhere tbh. Even though Deku compared their power to a Howitzer, which gets its destructive power from raw KE, that's literally all that we have for leads, and it's a rather iffy one at that.
I mean the only option is that or assuming the bullets would blitz base Deku since he’s at 30% Minimum here and not he’s casually reacting to this (Even then when calced Deku is at best slightly over half the speed of the bullets when you don’t account for deceleration and weather conditions)
Using that is safer but still very vague

Note: Haven’t read any leaks so I don’t know if he managed to actually dodge her close up in the upcoming chapter or if he’s gonna aim dodge

Best to wait until the fight is fully over
Plus there seems to be some minor contention on her bullet speed on whether it’s Mach 30+ or Mach 92
Someone on Space-Battles actually said that her bullets could range from Mach 8 to 35 depending on whether or not they're epoxy or just wet hair. Mach 35 would be the safe bet. I plan on doing my own rendition of this calculation in the near future.

I mean the only option is that or assuming the bullets would blitz base Deku since he’s at 30% Minimum here and not he’s casually reacting to this (Even then when calced Deku is at best slightly over half the speed of the bullets when you don’t account for deceleration and weather conditions)
Using that is safer but still very vague

Note: Haven’t read any leaks so I don’t know if he managed to actually dodge her close up in the upcoming chapter or if he’s gonna aim dodge
He's definitely not just aim dodging all of them since there's a panel where he dodges 7 bullets at once and another where he dodges a point blank shot after Nagant hits him in the stomach and he's mid-air though he does use air pressure to move there. It's more like he adapted as the fight went on.

Does electricity even have a fixed speed?
That's what I'm trying to figure out, like Death Battle says "ionized path speed of lightning" one calc I found here is mach 2 etc so it's difficult to say

I don't believe for a second that an electrical attack is automatically lightning speed, I don't even consider lightning based attacks lightning speed unless its natural lightning

I do think high super sonic or low hyper sonic is a fair estimate.

Back