• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Some blunt durability feats that Luffy didn't no-sell with his fruit:
  • Captain Kuro made Luffy bleed with a kick to the face. (You may attribute the damage as more like Luffy cut his own lip with his teeth, though)
  • He got hurt getting face slammed by Smoker to the ground IIRC. Krieg also hurt him with his shield. No serious injuries in these cases, however.
  • IIRC he also had bruises fighting Laboon, Dorry, and Wapol (the latter might be more due to the explosion of his cannon ball rather than blunt force, however, but IIRC it made Luffy bleed)
  • Mr. 5's explosives harmed and KOed Luffy
  • Enel harmed Luffy by smacking him with his staff
  • Satori KOed Luffy, but he did it with a durability-bypassing attack
  • Foxy severely harmed Luffy, I forgot if Luffy was actively not using his Fruit here though, someone else can recall that arc
  • Franky seemed to have hurt Luffy with a punch
  • Base Lucci harmed Luffy with a punch as well, and later with other punches (forgor if he was actively using Haki during the fights)
Luffy has a whole lot more of feats with his rubber letting him ignore blunt damage, but lots of them are also generally from low level opponents/attacks or those who are around equal to him.
It's been a very long while since I've read OP though so I don't remember the exact details of all his fights.
lol

New MHA match if anyone here wants to contribute

Have you guys seen this? It's a cool as hell MHA simulator

I know how this goes.

1. "Check out this cool game, it's completely free"
2. "We need voice actors and would appreciate any audition"
3. I've spent like a hundred-something on a new mic and got nothing out of it.

Say, so I asked some other people about Luffy’s “immunity” to blunt force damage and haki, and one of them had this to say:

Quirks are a power system build around willpower the stronger you are the stronger the quirk gets much like how ACOC works. Haki also cannot negate quirks. Quirks aren't like devil fruits where its a power that can be obtained. You don't choose what quirk to get that's decided by birth its inherited by nature. Only AFO and OFA are the exceptions but even those don't function like DFs.

Would y’all agree with that?

If so, then Luffy’s haki shouldn’t be able to negate any smashes from OFA then, right?

Say, so I asked some other people about Luffy’s “immunity” to blunt force damage and haki, and one of them had this to say:

If so, then Luffy’s haki shouldn’t be able to negate any smashes from OFA then, right?
It's not haki that negates physical impacts, it's Luffy's innate physical characteristics from becoming a "rubber-man"

1. Luffy is immune due to being Rubber
2. Haki doesn't only work on DFs.

Quirks are a power system build around willpower the stronger you are the stronger the quirk gets much like how ACOC works. Haki also cannot negate quirks. Quirks aren't like devil fruits where its a power that can be obtained. You don't choose what quirk to get that's decided by birth its inherited by nature. Only AFO and OFA are the exceptions but even those don't function like DFs.
Even if we operate under the assumption that both power systems are built around willpower, it doesn't mean that they would work the exact same way. You can't say the same thing with any other power system related to willpower either. Even verses such as Tensei Slime and so on which actually has Haki as well and behave very similarly still have intricate differences with the Haki from One Piece.

Luffy is immune due to being Rubber
This maintains my "Luffy is immune to Tier 0 Blunt Force" agenda.

Back