• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

All the quirks in Nine's arsenal were taken from random background characters yet a quirk like the air wall/shield was able to take attacks from 100% Deku and Bakugo. It is the same for the OP quirks in AFO's arsenal. They all come from some randos that we never even met. So it is not exactly rare to have random people with OP abilities. Heroes aren't exactly ranked on how powerful their quirks are otherwise someone like Pixie Bob who is basically an earthbender would have a much higher rank.
AFO and Garaki hunted down the strongest quirks for over a century and AFO has the skill to put it to good use. Nine's quirks were given to him by Garaki, aside from his OG weather manipulation.

Plus it's not about the ranking. Endeavor is stated to be the strongest Hero they have aside from Deku. And if it wasn't for Hawks backing him up, Hood would have killed him.

can't just say sum like that and not elaborate, so by all means
Awesome! I had typed up this document a few days ago but the really important stuff is at the bottom.

Awesome! I had typed up this document a few days ago but the really important stuff is at the bottom.
A thing with Navel Laser is that it's implied to be light based, while our rules with light in fiction are to prove whether or not something is light (and by default for some reason we assume it is LS). It's a pretty funny loophole.

Yo, nice seeing ya here Frost (and yes, this is the same Oreo166 from Discord)!

Something I should mention tho:

The Deku shown to be comparable to Shigaraki was using way more than 45% of OFA:

Yo, nice seeing ya here Frost (and yes, this is the same Oreo166 from Discord)!

Something I should mention tho:

The Deku shown to be comparable to Shigaraki was using way more than 45% of OFA:
Yeah, it makes more sense now. Deku did commonly apply higher percentages on the moment of impact or whenever he was doing things

The only reason I think Nagant’s bullets are light speed (without calc stacking) is because All Might is constantly praised and admired for his speed, even surprising Shigaraki in the beginning of the series. It’s highly likely that as the #1 hero, All Might was physically superior to every hero out there and their quirks. Random high schoolers having legitimate lasers at their disposal and reacting to them at point blank ranges solidifies this a bit. Things like sub Rela/real speeds for high tier pros would make sense, and then there’s All Might. Since quirks are physical abilities and physics play a large role in MHA in general, I highly doubt any quirks would be capable of FTL travel speeds. Even saying All Might is LS for being equal to laser quirks would support my argument well. Deku is comparable to Shigaraki physically at his 45% state and higher with Fa Jin and Gearshift, yet Nagant’s bullets were tagging him from kilometers away, even with precog. I believe that if someone equal to All Might’s speed is struggling with a bullet’s speed, the bullet must be comparable to some of the fastest quirks out there. Shigaraki in his (near) complete state even had a light speed quirk (being radio waves) and at that point, he was at/around Prime All Might's speed. We've seen characters similar to Kaminari being capable of reacting to what they can dish out, like Star catching the plane lasers and avoiding radio waves and such. To avoid going on forever, I think Nagant's charged bullets are light speed and should be treated as such when calcing feats, the current rating of Rela is alright but I just think they're faster is all, especially since Star isn't on Prime All Might's level and she was performing Rela+ reactionary and travel feats when faced with light speed attacks. (sorry I yapped so much, I'm a little nuts :) ).

Btw why is Prime AM scaling to Faux 100%? I don't find anything in the current speed justification implying Deku is talking about Prime AM in that statement (and the fact that Deku only knows AM's speed on USJ, Kamino, etc. ig).

The only reason I think Nagant’s bullets are light speed (without calc stacking) is because All Might is constantly praised and admired for his speed, even surprising Shigaraki in the beginning of the series. It’s highly likely that as the #1 hero, All Might was physically superior to every hero out there and their quirks. Random high schoolers having legitimate lasers at their disposal and reacting to them at point blank ranges solidifies this a bit. Things like sub Rela/real speeds for high tier pros would make sense, and then there’s All Might. Since quirks are physical abilities and physics play a large role in MHA in general, I highly doubt any quirks would be capable of FTL travel speeds. Even saying All Might is LS for being equal to laser quirks would support my argument well. Deku is comparable to Shigaraki physically at his 45% state and higher with Fa Jin and Gearshift, yet Nagant’s bullets were tagging him from kilometers away, even with precog. I believe that if someone equal to All Might’s speed is struggling with a bullet’s speed, the bullet must be comparable to some of the fastest quirks out there. Shigaraki in his (near) complete state even had a light speed quirk (being radio waves) and at that point, he was at/around Prime All Might's speed. We've seen characters similar to Kaminari being capable of reacting to what they can dish out, like Star catching the plane lasers and avoiding radio waves and such. To avoid going on forever, I think Nagant's charged bullets are light speed and should be treated as such when calcing feats, the current rating of Rela is alright but I just think they're faster is all, especially since Star isn't on Prime All Might's level and she was performing Rela+ reactionary and travel feats when faced with light speed attacks. (sorry I yapped so much, I'm a little nuts :) ).
Deku pretty much states that it was his Faux 100% that matched All Might speed-wise — not 45%…

Btw why is Prime AM scaling to Faux 100%? I don't find anything in the current speed justification implying Deku is talking about Prime AM in that statement (and the fact that Deku only knows AM's speed on USJ, Kamino, etc. ig).
I figured Deku being comparable to Prime All Might factored in his quirks, not to mention I think there's a few scans comparing him to Complete Shiggy/Prime All Might, I'll see if I can find them

Given how he says, “everyone in his generation can picture it,” which means he’s implying that everyone his age — and not just those who were with him during USJ, Kamino, etc. — has seen how fast All Might is since they were young. And we’ve even seen him and other characters his age — such as Bakugo — having been fans of All Might since they were in preschool/kindergaten — during which All Might would’ve still been in his prime.

Plus, we also see Deku blitz a Complete Shigaraki with Faux 100%.

Hence, Faux 100% = Prime All Might makes perfect sense.

Granted, I think the only people that should seriously scale to Faux 100% are 100% Deku, and Complete Shigaraki, with downscalers being Prime All Might/AFO, Bakugo, the Todorokis and a few more characters

Given how he says, “everyone in his generation can picture it,” which means he’s implying that everyone his age — and not just those who were with him during USJ, Kamino, etc. — has seen how fast All Might is since they were young. And we’ve even seen him and other characters his age — such as Bakugo — having been fans of All Might since they were in preschool/kindergaten — during which All Might would’ve still been in his prime.
Weakened AM is also part of his generation. Judging by the way Deku says "it's on par with you at 100%" and not "with your old 100%", he was referring to Weakened AM.
Plus, we also see Deku blitz a Complete Shigaraki with Faux 100%.

Hence, Faux 100% = Prime All Might makes perfect sense.
That was after Dark Hero Arc, not before (we're currently treating Deku as getting 60 times stronger in a month, so idk).

Last edited:
Weakened AM is also part of Deku's generation. Judging by the way Deku says "it's on par with you at 100%" and not "with your old 100%", he was referring to Weakened AM.

That was after Dark Hero Arc, not before (we're currently treating Deku as getting 60 times stronger in a month, so idk).
Also it's never implied that anyone other than the pro heroes know that AM got slower fufu

Because 45% Deku is scaling from USJ All Might via Shigaraki and Faux 100% can blitz bullets faster than 45%.

Basically USJ All Might's speed is fodder compared to Faux 100% so we scale it to his Prime for lack of better options.

Because 45% Deku is scaling from USJ All Might via Shigaraki and Faux 100% can blitz bullets faster than 45%.

Basically USJ All Might's speed is fodder compared to Faux 100% so we scale it to his Prime for lack of better options.
That's weird. Let's better downgrade 45% Deku fr. Anyway thanks.

Best Jeanist likely would have an idea on how fast All Might was in his prime vs his injured state, being one of the top 10 heroes and all, and he would likely have a good idea how different the two are after being on the field so long. Everyone should know about All Might’s prime but only a few knew he was weakened after some time. The All Might Jeanist likely knew best was prime all Might, especially since Jeanist has been a pro for quite some time.

The USJ Nomu speed comparison is alright, but at the time, nobody but Deku and a few others knew about One for All, or All Might’s injury. I’d say Shigaraki’s comments on All Might’s speed might be more valid since there’s no way he didn’t at least know about All Might’s injury, even if he didn’t know of OFA yet.

AFO and Garaki hunted down the strongest quirks for over a century and AFO has the skill to put it to good use. Nine's quirks were given to him by Garaki, aside from his OG weather manipulation.

Plus it's not about the ranking. Endeavor is stated to be the strongest Hero they have aside from Deku. And if it wasn't for Hawks backing him up, Hood would have killed him.
Nine's quirk we're not given to him by Garaki. He literally stole them from random D-lister heroes right after breaking out. Look at the beginning of heroes rising. They literally show images of the heroes who Nine stole quirks from and they are nobodies.

The only quirk Nine got from Garaki was AFO. Everything else he had to find himself.

As for AFO, we see even in scenes in Vigilantes as well as flashbacks in the main manga that he stole quirks from random thugs all the time without doing any vetting. I'm sure there are some quirks where he and Garaki put in a lot of effort to get or modify but a lot of them were just stolen randomly when AFO was in the mood like during the Underground Masquerade arc.

Back