• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

objectively-correct-deku-scaling-v0-hp04aaambp6d1.png

Dabi vs Shoto better be some S Grade tier stuff, because it's getting way too much promotion.

Honestly, I'm a little worried Endeavor vs AFO is going to be lesser because of it. Only reason I don't fully believe that is because the anime team really seems to love making Endeavor's moments as good as possible. Can't help but notice he gets more care than Izuku did during the All Out War in Season 6.

Honestly... I never cared for this fight beyond the story implications with the Todoroki family.

I didn't think it was anything amazing, not bad or anything. Above average, but still it wasn't really a highlight moment of this arc for me.

I'm more confused on why it's being advertised like this. I can only guess the anime team really loves Shoto and the Todoroki family drama all together.

Maybe its really popular in Japan or something. And since Deku doesn't have a proper fight this season they can go all out with the side characters.

I hope they have really cooked with Endeavor vs AFO because that fight is great. Although I do want to see how they animate Great Glacier Ageir because that could be a visual treat if done right.

Alright Alright. My prediction about the content of the episode was on point. Toga's va really put in the work but Dabi just took the show in the last few minutes. Shigaraki has a new ost and it's more haunting version of All for my sake. Huh Shigaraki's theme gets slower and more haunting with each season. I wonder if AFO will get a new ost for his Prime self.
Flying had some great animation. About 2 seconds for that seagull feat but considering Deku says its too slow, this is fodder speed for him. And the high end Nomu gets a few added scenes.

As for the EP8 hype train. The preview looks Good for the little action it does show. Half of it will be Dabi's backstory, again his VA will kill it and half will be the fight, which lets see.

Shigaraki's fingy digny attack is 3D but I can look past that, the ost was godly.

When you are canonically average and still get all the bitches.
mha-deku-laughing.jpg

This is why I believe that people with quirks have an inherently evolved body that can get way stronger than a normal human. I mean Bakugo also has no strength quirk. Or Iida. Or any of the todorokis. It only makes sense.
That seems to be true, especially if you value vigilante. Humans' "before quirks" were similar to what we have today. Even if the quirks don't affect physicals, they are extremely fast and agile, like Aizawa and Stain. Then there are characters currently without quirks, like Knuckleduster, besting characters with powerful physical quirks. Something likely happened at some point, and humans in general got stronger. It makes sense since wielders of certain quirks need to be strong, like Deku and Shigaraki.

Honestly... I never cared for this fight beyond the story implications with the Todoroki family.

I didn't think it was anything amazing, not bad or anything. Above average, but still it wasn't really a highlight moment of this arc for me.

I'm more confused on why it's being advertised like this. I can only guess the anime team really loves Shoto and the Todoroki family drama all together.
They're advertising to me specifically.

Does it feel like the Nomu got turned into background fodder after the Mirko fight ?

Like it took Endeavor so much effort to beat 1 high end. Now in the Mirko fight they just got up and were not completely using their full power. But current Nomu should be awake. And one of them got killed by a guy with a drill.

Does it feel like the Nomu got turned into background fodder after the Mirko fight ?

Like it took Endeavor so much effort to beat 1 high end. Now in the Mirko fight they just got up and were not completely using their full power. But current Nomu should be awake. And one of them got killed by a guy with a drill.
If I recall correctly the Nomu in the Final War had their Regeneration Quirks taken by Shigaraki to replace the one he had lost in the Star and Stripe fight.

This is why I believe that people with quirks have an inherently evolved body that can get way stronger than a normal human. I mean Bakugo also has no strength quirk. Or Iida. Or any of the todorokis. It only makes sense.
Now that I think about it, are there genuinely any characters who are ≥High 6-C+ without quirks? The only one I can think of definitively is Tomura. AFO could be as well, since he could push with Weakened All Might, but he could be using any of his 12 asdfghjkllion strength enhancing quirks. Is there anybody else?

Now that I think about it, are there genuinely any characters who are ≥High 6-C+ without quirks? The only one I can think of definitively is Tomura. AFO could be as well, since he could push with Weakened All Might, but he could be using any of his 12 asdfghjkllion strength enhancing quirks. Is there anybody else?
Maybe S&S and base Deku dura but it's a bit ambiguous.

That reminds me that the kinetic and strength boosters are truly a multiplier. It's a shame AFO only used them once.

Interesting… why do you think so?
S&S uses her Quirk to increase her strength, not durability. The same with Deku, I think. The main problem with using OFA was that he was unable to resist the knockback of his own attacks. But like I said, it's a little weird to think that only their strength is enhanced.

The Nomu in final war are just Near High-ends. They have high stats but zero intelligence.

It's also the fact that Horikoshi doesn't focus on background fights a lot. I'd prefer it but MHA isn't the manga where such happens. Hori was probably afraid of the arc being even longer. And Bones filler is either non-existent or just not good (like we would never get anything like the Toji vs Megumi filler in MHA).

We do know that Gang Orca and his team took down one of the Nomu at Okuto that doesn't have Super-regeneration. We have no clue how the 2nd Near High-end at Okuto was taken down.

The other Near High-end was at Dabi's location and was ganged up on by dozens of heroes. But again, that fight is mostly in the background. Any of those heroes could have some OP abilities but again we never see that fight and mostly just zoom to end when it is restrained.

The last Near High-end was at Gunga and again we don't see most of the background fights at Gunga. The focus is mostly on AfO's fight. But we do know strong heroes like Shishido (considered comparable to Gang Orca in-universe), Kamui Woods, and the Pussycats were all fighting on the ground at Gunga. It is possible to is Nomu was also ganged up on by several heroes.

If all these background battles were focused on, I feel like the final war could have easily hit 100 chapter even if each background fight just got 1 or 2 chapters each cause there were also fights like Midnight's Killer, Kunieda, and Gashly that were all reduced to less than a chapter in length.

Any of these fights + the Nomu fights could have easily gotten 2 chapter s each but Horikoshi obviously cut them down.

Even though these are "Near High ends" it still makes no sense that random background character just took them out. Remember one of these was with Shiggy and took a nuke to the face.

Instead of Toga (somehow having enough force to pull Deku) disrupt him, we just could have had All Remaining Near High Ends vs Deku. This would accomplish two things. First it would let things play out the same way but also give a good reason to why Deku can't just get to Shiggy in an instant.

And Izuku dominating those Near high ends would set a great parallel to Shigaraki dominating the Heores. Showing that the good guys also have a unstoppable monster at their side and make the upcoming fight even more hype.

Well that about how I would have gone with it.

Even though these are "Near High ends" it still makes no sense that random background character just took them out. Remember one of these was with Shiggy and took a nuke to the face.
Technically there's nothing stopping a random background character from having a Quirk like Black Hole or something similar that could harm a Near-High End.

Last edited:
That's just how it is. The Near High Ends were treated ever since their inception.
Although they were treated a bit better during the Jaku Raid, since the majority of the heroes there were relegated to fighting them. There were over 20 nomus and likely over a hundred heroes, and half of both forces got killed.
Though the heroes managed to kill several more since only 7 NHE managed to escape, the others serving as distraction.

In the final war they're just mobbed in the background, it is presumed to be a tough fight, but wasn't particularly important enough to gain much screen time.

These are supposed to be still just as strong as Hood, so they're essentially USJ Nomus with different Quirks.

Instead of Toga (somehow having enough force to pull Deku) disrupt him, we just could have had All Remaining Near High Ends vs Deku. This would accomplish two things. First it would let things play out the same way but also give a good reason to why Deku can't just get to Shiggy in an instant.

And Izuku dominating those Near high ends would set a great parallel to Shigaraki dominating the Heores. Showing that the good guys also have a unstoppable monster at their side and make the upcoming fight even more hype.

Well that about how I would have gone with it.
All the quirks in Nine's arsenal were taken from random background characters yet a quirk like the air wall/shield was able to take attacks from 100% Deku and Bakugo. It is the same for the OP quirks in AFO's arsenal. They all come from some randos that we never even met. So it is not exactly rare to have random people with OP abilities. Heroes aren't exactly ranked on how powerful their quirks are otherwise someone like Pixie Bob who is basically an earthbender would have a much higher rank.

All the quirks in Nine's arsenal were taken from random background characters yet a quirk like the air wall/shield was able to take attacks from 100% Deku and Bakugo. It is the same for the OP quirks in AFO's arsenal. They all come from some randos that we never even met. So it is not exactly rare to have random people with OP abilities. Heroes aren't exactly ranked on how powerful their quirks are otherwise someone like Pixie Bob who is basically an earthbender would have a much higher rank.
It should also be noted that Quirks also can be limited by their own wielder. AFO specifically takes simpler Quirks because the time to make complex ones useful on a day to day basis takes is exorbitant. Similarly, there are Quirks that just flat out suck unless the person using it is particularly gifted, such as Mirio’s permeation being terrible until after he trained it up for years on end. We also know they tweak Quirks in the lab.

Meaning AFO’s OP Quirks can be him using them better than the OG, amplified by Garaki, or really any other mentioned Quirk improvement method (most notably combining Quirks).

That said, you’re still totally right.

Last edited:
After a lot of thought about quirks and their in-universe speeds. How crazy would I sound if I said Lady Nagant's bullets might be light speed? I could elaborate on my thoughts if anyone's curious

Last edited:
Back