• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Probably his regular ones + OFA?
Sure. But OFA is a multiplier. Wouldn’t his AP, speed and durability be affectively doubled with Deku’s profile?

He’s already country level and relativistic with base stats, then that gets multiplied by OFA which can make a regular teenager relativistic and country level.

Sure. But OFA is a multiplier. Wouldn’t his AP, speed and durability be affectively doubled with Deku’s profile?

He’s already country level and relativistic with base stats, then that gets multiplied by OFA which can make a regular teenager relativistic and country level.
Is OFA explicitly stated to be a multiplier?

OFA is explicitly additive, not a multiplier. You add strength to the stockpile and then it is used by others. It doesn’t multiply your strength by a set amount by the way it has been described.

OFA is explicitly additive, not a multiplier. You add strength to the stockpile and then it is used by others. It doesn’t multiply your strength by a set amount by the way it has been described.
To be fair, some aspects of it are multiplicative, like Gearshift, probably.

It may as well be a multiplier. It is affectively same thing. It multiplies/enhances the power of every stat the user has PLUS quirks.

We get All Might to country level with a 60x multiplier FROM his weakened state, his base state is even lower than that and Shigaraki’s “base state” is already on the same level as that 60x multiplier. So it’s Shigaraki’s base x AT LEAST 60. Likely far higher than 60.

No, it is not.

The power is added on to what you have, it doesn’t multiply it.

Shigaraki is a 5, OFA is a 5

If he gained OFA, he would become 10. He would not become 25.

The multiplier is based on All Might’s injury not his stockpile of OFA. That power never went away, he just was losing his ability to access it in anyway cause of his injuries. He became 60x weaker from injuries.

Shigaraki is a 5, OFA is a 5

If he gained OFA, he would become 10. He would not become 25.
I get that this is a simple analysis, but this isn't true.

OFA doesn't just enhance you physically, it enhances your Quirks. His enhanced strength Quirks would be increased as well.

That's just how scaling works in general. And why AP≠DC
No, that's not really the point here.
Attack Potency is more with regards to cases like range and environmental destruction. Endeavor's flame attacks isn't gonna destroy a city block but it can match AFO's cityblock-destroying Air Cannons.
Aside from what others pointed out, if there was evidence suggesting that the Villain Bots are lighter than they appear then the calc could've been scrutinized but there isn't really as far as I recall, so it is what it is.

Aside from what others pointed out, if there was evidence suggesting that the Villain Bots are lighter than they appear then the calc could've been scrutinized but there isn't really as far as I recall, so it is what it is.
No one pointed out anything lol. It's impossible for your finger your grip strength be so insanely inferior to your general strength. And If Deku has such difference, it should be noted in the profile with som shit like "Atlethic level via grip strength"

But I shall not start a debate about the current rating, so lets forgot about it

It's impossible for your finger your grip strength be so insanely inferior to your general strength
looks at 2-C Goku with Class M lifting strength
But the anti-feat is understandable, just that it's buried under other, superior feats. It doesn't help that this is very, very early series Deku so it can be handwaved away with that or simply be taken as a one-time inconsistency.

It's perfectly fine pointing out stuff like that. It's better than another FTL argument.

Where do yall scale MHA outside this site?
9-B to 8-A for the lower to mid tier characters, basically anyone who has no direct/indirect scaling to All Might/Shigaraki.

Subsonic to Supersonic for the majority of the lower tiers as well.

7-C to High 7-C for characters comparable or above Weakened/Prime All Might level.

Hypersonic+ to High Hypersonic+ for the Weakened/Prime All Might level cast.

This is more how I want them to be rated in all honesty. (Despise the 7-B rating, it traumatized me)

9-B to 8-A for the lower to mid tier characters, basically anyone who has no direct/indirect scaling to All Might/Shigaraki.

Subsonic to Supersonic for the majority of the lower tiers as well.

7-C to High 7-C for characters comparable or above Weakened/Prime All Might level.

Hypersonic+ to High Hypersonic+ for the Weakened/Prime All Might level cast.

This is more how I want them to be rated in all honesty. (Despise the 7-B rating, it traumatized me)
How do you contend with the other feats? U.A. Beginnings Todoroki and Bakugo had High 7-C attacks, which I assume is the thing you're upscaling from.

But what about the Nomu missile feat? Any of the cloud-splitting feats? Deku and Nagant's bullet feats? Overclock's speed?

I used to be pro-relativistic Nagant/high-tiers for a while but not anymore after an argument on spacebattles made me reread that section.

Nagant was clearly not on the Central hospital anymore. The roof of the hospital and the roof of the building Nagant is on are clearly different.

Also Rock Lock seems to have give Nagant the coordinates and battle info before the stuff with Spinner (just a guess).

If that is so, Nagant at least had a few minutes to cover some distance with Air Walk. Now Air Walk ain't superspeed but there is no reason for Nagant to have made that shot from 200km away. If the time was at least 5 minutes, she could have gotten herself to even closer by a dozen kilometers by using Air Walk + propulsion from her shots like she did when fighting Deku.

The shot would still be ridiculously fast since the timeframe was so short and Nagant's movement speed ain't that impressive but I don't think it would be 2% or even 10% the speed of light like some folks say.

For strength, I'm all for mountain level (especially now that Fuji is about to be the main battlefield), but I do have serious doubts about large island level stuff.

I honestly don't think most mangaka do a 1to1 of cloud splitting/cloud displacement feats when it comes to destruction of solid matter.

At least physically, no one in MHA has been shown capable of wiping an entire island (and there's lots of small uninhabited islands that could easily be used as "practice").

Even someone like Nine was just gonna unleash a storm that was gonna do the island destruction. And it's still more like a natural disaster type of destruction rather than simply obliterating everything.

As for the lowtiers, I think their scaling is the messiest on here since they are scaled off their base forms and a lot of them do not have any special durability or strength in-universe. So they suddenly get all kinds of absurd scaling that doesn't even make sense - looking at you Monoma.

It's like right after All Might retires, we see a panel of Endeavor messing up his training room and in it there's weights clearly labelled 20 KG. Sure there's a bunch of them but it's pretty clearly Endeavor isn't lifting anything that special. He doesn't have superstrength and he ain't lifting I don't know how many tonnes.

Of course he does imply during Shoto's training that a physical body can be toughened up cause Shoto couldn't even take a hit comparable to "third rare villains" but I do think MHA is a verse where [Physical toughness] >>>>>> [Physical strength].

Most characters' durability is not equal to their physical strength at all. And this durability can be attributed to adaptation to one's quirk + training but if you don't have a strength-enhancing quirk, there is a hard cap on how high your physical strength can go.

Last edited:
I also have thoughts about Overclock and all the subsonic statements Six had during his last fight with Koichi but it doesn't seem as if Hori is planning to acknowledge Vigilantes any time soon so might as well let it rest.

Also Rock Lock seems to have give Nagant the coordinates and battle info before the stuff with Spinner (just a guess).
No, that was stated to take place after Kurogiri was activated.

The timeframe would be from Chapter 374 to Chapter 378, however Chapter 377 starts right after a scene we see in Chapter 374.

So the actual timeframe is from 377 to 378.

I don't know where to say Lady Nagant is meant to be, her actual location has issues for me no matter which way I reason it.

“If the time was at least 5 minutes” She only began moving after Kurogiri was activated. Kurogiri immediately went for Shigaraki, meaning she AT BEST had 1-2 minutes to get to her sniper position after receiving the coordinates, especially since that’s not counting how long she was in her room after Kurogiri activated. There’s also the fact that her body was BREAKING with her shots such that she only had three shots left in her, so there’s no way she was propelling herself, let alone at top speed, to get to her position. She did not have the physical capability to get far, nor did she even have the timeframe to get far.

Do you think Mangaka are 1 to 1 of concrete destruction or earthquakes or shockwaves or any speed feat ever? Horikoshi believes supersonic speed to be impressive, do you believe All Might is slower than Iida? That is a nonsensical argument to claim cloud fears aren’t 1 to 1 as if any feat in any manga is meant to be. Tell me how strong Horikoshi believes the Near High Ends are.

Endeavor brute force shoved his hand through All For One’s forcefield then dragged him across the ground through the forest. He stopped Shigaraki from touching him by physically grabbing his wrist. In World Heroes Mission, he picked up one of the bombs and flew it into the sky. He has higher LS than 20kg, you’re trolling.

The characters are several x weaker than 8%. 5% on the other hand is not a big strength amp to Base Deku, per his own words. Bakugo can kick around 5% Deku so anyone without a strength quirk can if they train. Flect had no strength quirk but could fight 20% Deku. Mirio had no strength quirk kick but is stronger than 8%. Deku with strength enhancement is not impressive compared to other characters who do not have strength enhancement.

Imma go Warhammer > Founding > Beast > Attack > Jaw > Armored > Female > Cart

Warhammer def the strongest since it can make armor, ground spikes, make weapons, etc
Jaw is underrated. Porco would have chomped Eren twice in the same fight if it wasn't for Mikasa.

“If the time was at least 5 minutes” She only began moving after Kurogiri was activated. Kurogiri immediately went for Shigaraki, meaning she AT BEST had 1-2 minutes to get to her sniper position after receiving the coordinates, especially since that’s not counting how long she was in her room after Kurogiri activated. There’s also the fact that her body was BREAKING with her shots such that she only had three shots left in her, so there’s no way she was propelling herself, let alone at top speed, to get to her position. She did not have the physical capability to get far, nor did she even have the timeframe to get far.

Do you think Mangaka are 1 to 1 of concrete destruction or earthquakes or shockwaves or any speed feat ever? Horikoshi believes supersonic speed to be impressive, do you believe All Might is slower than Iida? That is a nonsensical argument to claim cloud fears aren’t 1 to 1 as if any feat in any manga is meant to be. Tell me how strong Horikoshi believes the Near High Ends are.

Endeavor brute force shoved his hand through All For One’s forcefield then dragged him across the ground through the forest. He stopped Shigaraki from touching him by physically grabbing his wrist. In World Heroes Mission, he picked up one of the bombs and flew it into the sky. He has higher LS than 20kg, you’re trolling.

The characters are several x weaker than 8%. 5% on the other hand is not a big strength amp to Base Deku, per his own words. Bakugo can kick around 5% Deku so anyone without a strength quirk can if they train. Flect had no strength quirk but could fight 20% Deku. Mirio had no strength quirk kick but is stronger than 8%. Deku with strength enhancement is not impressive compared to other characters who do not have strength enhancement.
I'm just answering where I would scale MHA outside this site. There's no reason for you to get heated and accuse me of trolling. Like this is a discussion that won't affect anything and it's just my own personal opinion in response to a question. Why would I "troll" on a personal opinion?

I used a canon panel of Endeavor's gym room with the amount of weight he lifts written clearly to give my interpretation of the superstrength of characters without such quirks in the series. What part of that is trolling.

You can literally see the 20 KG written clearly on the image right there:

And what about my opinion on cloud splitting and cloud displacement is new? It's not like I'm the first person with this opinion. A lot of media have insane could displacement feats without ever having equivalent destruction of solid matter. It's not like mangaka write and draw feats with calculators and rulers out like powerscalers.

Either way, this was just my opinion and I haven't argued about any of the site ratings or anything like that so there's no reason to try and "counter" it.

I'm just answering where I would scale MHA outside this site. There's no reason for you to get heated and accuse me of trolling. Like this is a discussion that won't affect anything and it's just my own personal opinion in response to a question. Why would I "troll" on a personal opinion?

I used a canon panel of Endeavor's gym room with the amount of weight he lifts written clearly to give my interpretation of the superstrength of characters without such quirks in the series. What part of that is trolling.

You can literally see the 20 KG written clearly on the image right there:

And what about my opinion on cloud splitting and cloud displacement is new? It's not like I'm the first person with this opinion. A lot of media have insane could displacement feats without ever having equivalent destruction of solid matter. It's not like mangaka write and draw feats with calculators and rulers out like powerscalers.

Either way, this was just my opinion and I haven't argued about any of the site ratings or anything like that so there's no reason to try and "counter" it.

Krillen has a gym equipment set at his home in DBS despite pushing a 10ft boulder when he was 12 in OG. Deku used ordinary dumbles for bicep curls while easily lifting and running around with a giant metal plate in sports festival. Invalid point.

Cloud displacement is used because it's a good way to show power without destroying the city every damn fight.

Back