• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Honestly it's a little absurd that AFO never copied Overclock, unless the Doctor didn't have the knowledge to copy Quirks during Vigilantes. However this should be impossible, since the Doctor's Quirk was given to AFO and is how he lived so long. Which means he should be able to copy Quirks at this point.

Also Shock Absorption would still be useful, they should've copied it and made it a standard for every Upper/High-End Nomu like Hyper Regen is.
I feel the same way about the Weather Manip quirk that Nine had. Shiggy would be able to bring out the quirk to its full potential, due to his powerful body. Imagine Shiggy having regen, reactive evolution, deconstruction, dozens of quirks, AND he can casually generate island-sized storms and summon lightning and tornadoes from nowhere

Because it doesn't matter if they don't actually destroy a countries or islands in universe. Also the Tier names don't equal what a character can destroy.

Your arguing from incredibility because you personally don't believe it. But moving clouds is no different from destroying something large, they both require lots of energy to perform. Only in this case moving clouds aren't as flashy as destroying a city.

Saying there is no way an author thinks they're a certain level isn't an argument against the ratings. The guidebooks made by Horikoshi are a prime example, we don't accept the rating he gives the characters as legitimate as they don't make sense. IDK why Horikoshi rated Endeavor's power and speed above Hood's.

Those feats exist in universe. A cloud feat isn't less of a feat vs destroying a city/mountain/country.

This wiki doesn't not put one higher than the other.
but then again, a character moving at incredible hypersonic speeds and hitting at said speed must require an enormous amount of kinetic energy in his hits, but curiously this method is not accepted unless the author/verse shows an understanding of that principle

Hmm

And also, lasers of technological origin such as those of a USA jet should be ls, but that method is not yet accepted unless the work directly says/proves that they are LS/light in some way

hmmm

Why do these feats that would also require energy/speed need extra evidence to be approved on average for being "suspicious and possibly inconsistent" but calculations with CLOUDS that the author hardly stops to think about either, and that are the only thing that keeps the whole verse so high are accepted without batting an eye?

100 km per hour Gigantomachia anyone? However that doesn't even make sense with his actual size.
100 km/h isn't impressive, even when accounting for the narrative because several characters could run that fast in their sleep, lol.

Iida Crossed a dozen or so meters before anyone could properly react.
Iida is Clocking in at roughly 50 km/h using one of his weakest gears.
Bakugo traveling at around 12 m/s using some of his smallest explosions to propel him forward.
Deku traveling over a dozen meters in a literal FRACTION of a second when jumping up to Stain in the Hero Killer arc (Horikoshi even makes it clear how short the time span is in the paneling).

I also remember there being a statement of Deku saying he could cross a few dozen meters in a leap or two. It doesn't exactly help that Horikoshi showcases Deku being able to move his hand fast enough to create a visual shock-wave/blast of wind strong enough to forcefully move Todoroki's hand out of the way.

That was In a manner so similar to All Might that Todoroki says it's basically the same thing as All Might punching and producing a shock-wave.

There's not a snowball's chance in hell that Horikoshi honestly thinks so little of the power scale in the verse, lol.

Yeah 100 km per hour isn’t even that fast for Gigantomachia’s size, that’s Subsonic (which makes more sense considering he can cross distances much faster due to his size)

Right after the statement of 100 km/h it was stated by another hero that kind of speed is way too fast.

Machia slowing down or not moving at his max speed isn't supported. He wasn't traveling underground because that'd kill the LoV on his back. If Horikoshi is aware of that, you'd think he'd also have it be mention that Machia's max running speed would be too dangerous. Yet there is nothing implying that whatsoever.

There is no logic to Machia's 100 km per hour speed. As Therefir said, if you take Machia's size into account it's equivalent to a human walking.

Trying to figure out an author's intent is a waste of time. This'll be my last comment on this specific matter, as I have no interesting in discussing author intent.

Not a bad supporting feat, especially since this isn't even an actual attack. Shigaraki's just... transforming or whatever.
Star also no-sold this transformation point blank with literally zero scratches or injuries, since she was pinning Shigaraki against the hood of her jet when he exploded

Which also makes Tier 6 MHA more consistent since Star can easily no-sell a High 7-A explosion point blank

Last edited:
Right after the statement of 100 km/h it was stated by another hero that kind of speed is way too fast.

Machia slowing down or not moving at his max speed isn't supported. He wasn't traveling underground because that'd kill the LoV on his back. If Horikoshi is aware of that, you'd think he'd also have it be mention that Machia's max running speed would be too dangerous. Yet there is nothing implying that whatsoever.

There is no logic to Machia's 100 km per hour speed. As Therefir said, if you take Machia's size into account it's equivalent to a human walking.

Trying to figure out an author's intent is a waste of time. This'll be my last comment on this specific matter, as I have no interesting in discussing author intent.
danm, you don't even reply to the comment above? this was just a separate comment about machia speed

but fair enough i guess

danm, you don't even reply to the comment above? this was just a separate comment about machia speed
I'm not in the mood to discuss clouds feats. I felt like that was obvious.

Make a thread to discuss stopping the use of KE for clouds or something. Your aren't getting anywhere by complaining here.

This isn't a MHA problem, you have a problem with the wiki's rules. Currently kinetic energy from moving clouds is just as acceptable as anything else.

Last edited:

Is this feat calc-able? At 0:38, Claustro Re-Destro released a shockwave that completely flattened dozens of meters of concrete, and Shigaraki wasn’t pushed back at all.

Wondering if this is a LS feat and if so, what would it yield

That feat is anime only and doesn't mean anything.

Shigaraki didn't catch Re-Destro's punch like that in the manga. Re-Destro actually never attacked while in Claustro in the manga.

The scene doesn't make sense in universe.

Re-Destro with power less than 80% was able to obliterate part of Shigaraki's hand with an attack that didn't even directly hit him. Yet he can effortlessly catch a punch from 150% Re-Destro? Also with 100% Re-Destro scaling in the future, that'd put Shigaraki way too close to his post surgery self.

Also there aren't going to be anime profiles for the characters. Anime only characters can get profiles, but the anime isn't different enough to warrant anime profiles for current characters. The difference between the two should be more significant. Having some anime only scenes in some areas is nowhere close to enough.

Re-Destro with power less than 80% was able to obliterate part of Shigaraki's hand with an attack that didn't even directly hit him. Yet he can effortlessly catch a punch from 150% Re-Destro? Also with 100% Re-Destro scaling in the future, that'd put Shigaraki way too close to his post surgery self.
Guess Shigaraki’s stats increased by a hundred times or so after his awakening 🗿🗿🗿

But Shiggy wouldn’t scale to Re-Destro AP, no? He just caught a punch from him, which is LS

I remember someone did this same calc from before, and it was rejected because it was agreed upon that Deku was aim dodging at that moment

How? Deku was already stunned from Nagant’s gun jab and wasn’t even looking at her initially
Is there anything that proves that he began moving at the same time she fired that bullet?

There is nothing to suggest that, so in this case we don't assume he does. Especially since the bullet moves further than he does in the same panel, meaning it's faster.

I think it makes sense on paper but I am starting to feel uncomfortable with this method, similar to how I feel with cloud calcs, but otherwise it should be fine.

So would Re-Destro’s page be

“At least Class 25 with lower percentages (Easily restrained Shigaraki with a single hand), Class G with 100% (Tokoyami noted that Re-Destro almost stood up to his Ragnarok, and only lost because of his prosthetic legs failing), higher with Claustro”

I think it makes sense on paper but I am starting to feel uncomfortable with this method, similar to how I feel with cloud calcs, but otherwise it should be fine.
I can make you feel uncomfortable with KE all together and fragmentation as well.

However I think my calc was incorrect. Compressive Strength should be from top to bottom, you know to compress the material.

This is clearly not compression but Shear Strength, which is horizontal force. Which is 6 to 17 MPa. I just changed it, apologies for the mix up.

I can make you feel uncomfortable with KE all together and fragmentation as well.
I'm more concerned about our cloud calcs, I mean look at this:

Both the Low 6-B calcs involve clouds located more than
20 kilometers above sea level, and the air at that altitude has a density of 0.08 kg/m^3.

Shouldn't we be using that instead of 1.003 kg/m^3? The
other High 6-C calcs would be still fine as they involved clouds much closer to sea level.

20 kilometers above sea level, and the air at that altitude has a density of 0.08 kg/m^3.

other High 6-C calcs would be still fine as they involved clouds much closer to sea level.

Doesn’t the chart only apply to actual air density rather than the clouds specifically? Even if the cloud’s air content would get less dense, the water content wouldn’t change

Then again I’m not an expert on this subject (currently sitting at an 87 in AP Environmental Science)

Yeah that is an issue, but nothing has happened yet. Have you asked other calc group members?

Also considering Nine's clouds are controlled and created by him, I don't think natural density would apply.

Doesn’t the chart only apply to actual air density rather than the clouds specifically? Even if the cloud’s air content would get less dense, the water content wouldn’t change

Then again I’m not an expert on this subject (currently sitting at an 87 in AP Environmental Science)
That's the issue, the water content of clouds is minuscule compared to the air density, otherwise they wouldn't float.

A density of 1.003 kg/m^3 makes the cloud denser than air itself at high altitudes.

This would only affect the Low 6-B calcs, the High 6-C stull will remain unchanged. Do we have a density for the clouds at that height?

123 Gigatons all together or did you already split it in half? Either that'd support High 6-C very well.

Back