• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

New Bingo Added.

nZhVz1v.png

Second User's Quirk Reveal is a free space for obvious reasons. I really want to see Gentle Criminal again.

And before someone ask, Hisashi is the name of Deku's father. Horikoshi said that Deku's father would be revealed in the future, let's see if that really happens.

So before it gets revealed, where do you all fall? Is Bakugo really dead or will he pull through? I'm not asking if you're okay or not okay with him dying here. I'm asking if you actually believe Bakugo is dying here or not, do you think Horikoshi will actually kill him here or is this just a fake out?

Note: Kingofwolves mentioned Bakugo could end up as a vestige in OFA. I will still count that as him being dead.

Unless they do some weird stuff and give his vestige a body.

I know they haven't been confirmed yet, but I'm pretty sure Rappa vs Kirishima 2 before their eventual team up will happen.

Also an Iida and Stain confrontation is pretty much guaranteed even if they don't fight.

Anyways as for my other death predictions:

Endeavor will definitely die. No doubts in my mind, I’d be disappointed if he didn’t.

Hawks has a solid chance of dying too, I could see it as Toga killing Hawks (it would be a callback to her killing the bird and it would be revenge for Twice)

Kirishima looks like he has a chance of dying, unsure as of yet but I wouldn’t be surprised if he did

I feel like the Iida stuff with Gashly is kinda indicating something will go down, so I’ll say there’s a slight chance.

Aoyama has about a 50% chance of death I’d say

Endeavor not dying but Shoto and Touya dying would be quite poetic
I can’t see both Shoto and Touya dying. I definitely see Touya dying, but if Bakugou already got packed, Shoto dying wouldn’t be likely imo. It’s more likely that after Prime AFO awakens, Dabi also awakens and finds the weakened and heavily injured Endeavor and finishes him off, sealing his revenge

I can’t see both Shoto and Touya dying. I definitely see Touya dying, but if Bakugou already got packed, Shoto dying wouldn’t be likely imo. It’s more likely that after Prime AFO awakens, Dabi also awakens and finds the weakened and heavily injured Endeavor and finishes him off, sealing his revenge
I think it’s MORE likely he dies if Bakugo is gone. This just opened a can of whoop ass on every student and character out there if BAKUGO of all people is the very first causality.

Shoto is already hurt as hell, so if Dabi comes back and starts blasting everyone away, Shoto will 100% sacrifice himself to stop him. His character, much like Bakugo’s, has been basically completed and come full circle, evidenced with his Phosphor finally combining both sides of his body.

Also how in the hell is Dabi finding Endeavor when he doesn’t know where he is and can’t get there? Also why would he leave Shoto who he wants to kill more than Endeavor currently because he wants Endeavor to suffer?

Dabi’s motivation is hurting Endeavor not killing him immediately. Killing Shoto hurts Endeavor. He is right next to Shoto. He doesn’t know where Endeavor is. He will kill Shoto before doing anything else. Very simple logic train I’d say.

Only thing that could bring Dabi to Endeavor quickly would be Kurogiri getting out, but even Kurogiri would have to know where everyone is to do that.

I want Deku to get his own “Save Soul Society” moment. The heroes are sprawling on the ground, rain all over the country and All For One is floating in the air and some dude just tells Deku the same thing

Vestiges are more like clones of one's memory so a Bakugo vestige truly has nothing to do with Bakugo himself.

The 2nds quirk is pretty much guaranteed to he a beam/projectile so it would really be redundant for Deku to get explosion. I feel like Fa Jin and OFA are already redundant enough but 2 beam quirks from the arms is a bit too much.

If Heroes Rising ends up being canon, the only reason a Bakugo fighting Shiggy would see All Might is because he still has some remnant OFA embers, not that his consciousness somehow traversed dozens of kilometers to enter Deku's vestige world.

AFO needs radio waves to communicate with his vestige while All Might needs to actually touch Deku to communicate with his own vestige inside Deku. So even if Deku had some Bakugo vestige inside him that he didn't know about, Bakugo and Deku would at least need to be near each other for them to synch.

Vestiges are more like clones of one's memory so a Bakugo vestige truly has nothing to do with Bakugo himself.

The 2nds quirk is pretty much guaranteed to he a beam/projectile so it would really be redundant for Deku to get explosion. I feel like Fa Jin and OFA are already redundant enough but 2 beam quirks from the arms is a bit too much.

If Heroes Rising ends up being canon, the only reason a Bakugo fighting Shiggy would see All Might is because he still has some remnant OFA embers, not that his consciousness somehow traversed dozens of kilometers to enter Deku's vestige world.

AFO needs radio waves to communicate with his vestige while All Might needs to actually touch Deku to communicate with his own vestige inside Deku. So even if Deku had some Bakugo vestige inside him that he didn't know about, Bakugo and Deku would at least need to be near each other for them to synch.
Vestiges being clones doesn’t really mean much here since this would just mean that due to the main Bakugo’s death, his vestige is packing up and heading to OFA. It still is basically Bakugo after all, so it’s not like it can’t also have regret or wishes it wants to make real, like AM signing the card.

Redundant powers are only problematic if they don’t add anything different, we don’t even know what the 2nd’s Quirk really is so calling it redundant seems incorrect.

His consciousness isn’t going there his vestige is since he’s dead. And you’re acting like distance is an unironic issue when the OFA holder dies, All Might is alive on top of being Quirkless, hence why he can’t just sense and go there himself. Bakugo is dead and possibly has a Quirk factor to latch on to within OFA, so distance isn’t really a thing.

Conversely, Bakugo’s blood is inside Deku. They shared blood, and OFA doesn’t run out or forget the DNA it takes in, otherwise every user would need to keep taking DNA to keep it. So if Deku has Bakugo’s DNA and OFA bounced between the two of them for a time, Bakugo’s Quirk Factor/DNA would still be there, and he would be an honorary member of OFA, thus viable for his vestige to fully form there when he dies. The vestige and the DNA are what’s required to use a Quirk, and Deku has both assuming that’s where Bakugo’s vestige goes.

All For One and All Might are alive, and AFO in particular is communicating with HIS OWN vestige. What I’m proposing is that Bakugo is dead, so his vestige, which is in his body, is going to One For All rather than wherever vestiges go when they just die. Because OFA has recorded his DNA and is tugging on him to become a vestige in there, as if he’s a past user.

Vestiges being clones doesn’t really mean much here since this would just mean that due to the main Bakugo’s death, his vestige is packing up and heading to OFA. It still is basically Bakugo after all, so it’s not like it can’t also have regret or wishes it wants to make real, like AM signing the card.

Redundant powers are only problematic if they don’t add anything different, we don’t even know what the 2nd’s Quirk really is so calling it redundant seems incorrect.

His consciousness isn’t going there his vestige is since he’s dead. And you’re acting like distance is an unironic issue when the OFA holder dies, All Might is alive on top of being Quirkless, hence why he can’t just sense and go there himself. Bakugo is dead and possibly has a Quirk factor to latch on to within OFA, so distance isn’t really a thing.

Conversely, Bakugo’s blood is inside Deku. They shared blood, and OFA doesn’t run out or forget the DNA it takes in, otherwise every user would need to keep taking DNA to keep it. So if Deku has Bakugo’s DNA and OFA bounced between the two of them for a time, Bakugo’s Quirk Factor/DNA would still be there, and he would be an honorary member of OFA, thus viable for his vestige to fully form there when he dies. The vestige and the DNA are what’s required to use a Quirk, and Deku has both assuming that’s where Bakugo’s vestige goes.

All For One and All Might are alive, and AFO in particular is communicating with HIS OWN vestige. What I’m proposing is that Bakugo is dead, so his vestige, which is in his body, is going to One For All rather than wherever vestiges go when they just die. Because OFA has recorded his DNA and is tugging on him to become a vestige in there, as if he’s a past user.
Kachan gets to scream at Deku inside and outside his head

No. We're waiting, we don't just pick people at random and choose to the upgrade them while ignoring everyone else.

Is Shigaraki's body thing Adaptation or Reactive Evolution?

Shigaraki grew mouths on his body to remove the poison in his body, and started growing eyes as well as he was inside of Suneater's plasma cannon.

He also has a face growing out as well, seriously he's disgusting.

No. We're waiting, we don't just pick people at random and choose to the upgrade them while ignoring everyone else.

Is Shigaraki's body thing Adaptation or Reactive Evolution?

Shigaraki grew mouths on his body to remove the poison in his body, and started growing eyes as well as he was inside of Suneater's plasma cannon.

He also has a face growing out as well, seriously he's disgusting.
Both.
His body is quite literally 'adapting' to suit his mass of quirks (one of translations had that iirc), along with that growing mouths to spit out poisons and other such examples.
However he's also gaining new abilities, amplified statistics (the entire fusion process between the two is like that), and new resistances (like as stated before, he has an unconventional resistance to poison now.

I was thinking.
AFO Will he come back with his suit or will he change? I guess the one in the vest burned
-a quirk to materialize clothes
-only appears with only tomura style pants
those are the options i saw

Btw how are we regarding 98% Shigaraki in terms of speed? He’s below 100%, but massively above 75%.

Would a “At least High Hypersonic+, likely Massively Hypersonic” fit? This would also apply to Star

Either the heroes guess that Shigaraki would be on par with prime All Might, or his fight with Star is what showed them he was now on par with prime All Might.

Or at least very close to prime All Might level. And they could speculate that a complete Shigaraki would be exactly as strong as prime All Might.

They didn't see Shigaraki after the Star fight until the final battle, yet they're rather confident in saying his speed is on par with All Might in his prime.

Though the difference between 98% and 100% doesn't sound like it'd be massive.

Back