• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

20220807_150506.jpg
tbh i hate this and idk, it just seems weirdly disrespectful

Well RIP Bakugo I really do hope it’s not a fake out but like how would you even come back from that kind of wound.
Well kinda It has to be, if bakugo does join the vestige world and deku notices this he will ball his eyes out and have hatred in his heart and also, his quirk awakened, how is it gonna feel when you finally awaken your quirk but then 10 sec you are dead? frustated

Just saying this cause you never know, when the chapter drops the day Monoma blinks and turns off his quirk and Shigaraki places his hands like how Bakugo uses to fly and bro turns on his Air cannon with his Radio Waves quirks and starts to fly/travel with those quirks he would qualify having SOL right?

Shigaraki's right side seems to have an issue. I agree that he's likely blind in his right side, which is why Bakugo mentioned it and attacked on his right side. Yeah he was still looking at Bakugo and could see him with his left eye, since he turned to face him. But I think the hindrance he has from missing an eye is affecting him.

This is just another reason on why we're waiting, and not just jumping into changes instantly.

No he would not be SOL, that isn't how Radio Waves works at all. Air Cannon + Radio Waves doesn't mean the air cannon is now speed of light. Radio waves move at light speed because they're photons, air cannon is made of the air and not photons. Unless it's stated that the Air Cannon is light speed, we aren't going to make it SOL.

Fiction can break the rules of reality and do whatever it wants. But there needs to be proof. So no Speed of Light for anything other than radio waves.

No he would not be SOL, that isn't how Radio Waves works at all. Air Cannon + Radio Waves doesn't mean the air cannon is now speed of light. Radio waves move at light speed because they're photons, air cannon is made of the air and not photons. Unless it's stated that the Air Cannon is light speed, we aren't going to make it SOL.
The depiction is weird though because against Star and Stripes, you could see the Radio Waves move at the same speed as the Air Cannon (the electricity depicting the Radio Waves surrounded the air as seen here)

We don’t see them moving at the same speed, both attacks are just fully extended here. No reason to assume they’re moving relative to each other.
The Radio Waves are wrapped around the Air Cannon: either the air is as fast as the waves or the radio waves were slowed to move at the speed of the air cannon (or my brain’s not braining)

The Radio Waves are wrapped around the Air Cannon: either the air is as fast as the waves or the radio waves were slowed to move at the speed of the air cannon (or my brain’s not braining)
That visual doesn't mean they were moving at the same speed at all. Actually it looks like the radio waves are extending away from the air cannon.

We don't see how far both have extended. Off screen the radio waves could be millions of times ahead of the air that was launched. It's also possible that what we see isn't radio waves, but the electric charge/output it's been shown to give off. Radio waves aren't visible, so it could also be just artistic representation of the radio waves.

Did Bakugo blitz Shigaraki? Depends on what happens in the future chapters. They could give a statement that Shigaraki's speed or reactions have slowed down or something. We can speculate that his eye might not work all that well, but we don't really know what kind of problem Shigaraki could be having right now.

So basically, just like with everything else we're waiting to see more.

I’m not buying Bakugou not blitzing Shigaraki: even though his right eye is broken, Bakugou’s first attack came from the front, from quite some distance away.

I’m not buying Bakugou not blitzing Shigaraki: even though his right eye is broken, Bakugou’s first attack came from the front, from quite some distance away.
Literally they can say Shigaraki's reaction time has been slowed down due to the burns he suffered on the right side of his face.

If it went deep enough he could have some brain damage. Or maybe something else is going on due to his growth.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. It's possible Shigaraki isn't at full capacity here. He could've just been blitz as well, the series will tells us without question. If there is no mention of Shigaraki being hindered in some way that prevented him from reacting, than the answer is obvious.

For the most part Shigaraki doesn’t make much attempts to dodge attacks, and if Bakugo DID blitz him it would have been made known. shigaraki would have pointed this out, for the most part he doesn’t care.

Tomura, when he got serious, easily avoided Bakugo’s attack and one shotted him before he could evade, which is saying something.

Kekw, sure hope he did do it now.

That or it’s absolute wank and not calced right
That’s only the weight, so it shouldn’t be the joules, so we’d say plasma beam has class P LS or something
if it was The attack would be in the megatons of tnt so we need the velocity of the clouds,

That’s only the weight, so it shouldn’t be the joules, so we’d say plasma beam has class P LS or something
if it was The attack would be in the megatons of tnt so we need the velocity of the clouds,
He created the clouds with his plasma attack and I’m pretty sure he used the forma for cloud creation.
I’ll check if it’s calc right and if it is this should work.

Cloud condensation gives much lower results than cloud displacement, so I doubt the feat exceeds High 6-C, but I'm waiting to find out who caused the feat before calculating it.

It's clearly a set-up for future chapters, so I can't help but chuckle when the feat is attributed to the jobber laser.

I know this is not very important, but at the moment where Shigaraki tells Bakugou to die on his arm, it seems to me that Kotaro's face is there.

Pretty sure it was the plasma canon that was just shot across the battlefield.
If there’s literally nothing showing the possibility of someone else causing it in the next chapters I believe we should give it to suneater.

The velocity would def lower the results, since it took like a minute or even up to 5 minutes to form

Assuming it took a minute (which is still a highball) would give me 46 teratons, or 6-B.

Assuming it took 5 minutes would give me 9.2 teratons

Anything longer than that would be in the Low 6-B range

Back