• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

@TheRustyOne; I wouldn't count that as an injury worthy of scaling, that's all. According to Mirio, they're doing next to nothing to him.

@TheRustyOne; I wouldn't count that as an injury worthy of scaling, that's all. According to Mirio, they're doing next to nothing to him.
Yeah because he has insane pain tolerance and won't die unless he takes fatal damage. Something like that isn't going to kill him in a reasonable amount of time.

If she actually drew blood or damaged his inside, that'd be scaling above his durability. This is just standard normal damage. Her attack gave him a bruise, that is scaling. It isn't even a small bruise either, a nice size one around his stomach. This seems like pretty clear cut scaling to me.

What exactly is an injury worthy of scaling? Does she need to rip through him in order to scale or break his bones? A bruise is a standard injury, or am I wrong.

Imagine if Shigaraki ended up getting New Order.

Law Manipulation + Reality Warping + Existence Erasure + Regeneration + Reactive Evolution + dozens of other quirks

Dude would be unstoppable

Probably because these are their best attacks and all they’re doing is some light bruises on him? She should still scale to hurting him it’s just no where near the damage required to beat him, especially when it’s so rare she can get these hits off in the first place without getting smacked by his Growth.

It’s like someone way weaker than an MMA fighter punching the MMA fighter and bruising them lightly. They would scale to the MMA fighter but they’re never going to beat them.

Yeah because he has insane pain tolerance and won't die unless he takes fatal damage. Something like that isn't going to kill him in a reasonable amount of time.

If she actually drew blood or damaged his inside, that'd be scaling above his durability. This is just standard normal damage. Her attack gave him a bruise, that is scaling. It isn't even a small bruise either, a nice size one around his stomach. This seems like pretty clear cut scaling to me.
Durability scaling is a bit of a subjective point as we don't have strict standards for that (currently working on something to help with that), but in this case, I could see anyone doing that amount of damage to him. Shigaraki isn't invulnerable. Any attack could theoretically leave a scratch or a mark on his skin, but that doesn't mean that the attack is superior to what he can tank.

Durability scaling is a bit of a subjective point as we don't have strict standards for that (currently working on something to help with that), but in this case, I could see anyone doing that amount of damage to him. Shigaraki isn't invulnerable. Any attack could theoretically leave a scratch or a mark on his skin, but that doesn't mean that the attack is superior to what he can tank.
What does that even mean? A 10-A character can bruise Shigaraki? Wait no, Mirio admits he can't do anything to Shigaraki. We've seen him try and fail to do anything to a Near High-End Nomu. Yet Nejire's attack forced one to the ground, and her energy was strong enough to bruise complete Shigaraki.

I heavily disagree with her not scaling because it isn't enough damage for you. You also didn't explain what type of damage is needed. In reality causes that level of bruise would be pretty big. Just that there opponent isn't going to slow down or even care about such minor damage.

Shigaraki got the right side of his head burned off and is treating it like minor damage. She still hurt him and she scales. A man fights (Hand to Hand) a 7-A character, and the 7-A guy has bruises. But we don't scale him to him because of... reasons?

She didn't give him a small injure, it was a pretty sizable bruise. A very obvious wound that just isn't big enough to actually impact Shigaraki.

Wounds like that aren't going to kill him anytime soon.

I heavily disagree with her not scaling because it isn't enough damage for you

Obviously you don't have to agree with me. Was just stating my opinion. I didn't expect our standards to be exactly the same. And obviously part of this will come down to how Tomura gets his durability rating too. My opinion isn't set in stone yet.

I'm very curious to why Shigaraki's growth is only coming from that certain part of his body. What would his growth be like if he didn't get those fingers destroyed? His body adapting sounds off because it only effects his left arm for some reason. If his entire body was adapting you'd think the growth would be everywhere.

I really hope Shigaraki's growth and the singularity is stuff that'll get explained properly.

a thing about star and stripe

could it be corrosion resistant?

I know that decay finished her off but she said it was because she overcame her resistance
and considering it was a direct hit slow to break down

if it had been a less strong corrosion could it have served?

Last edited:
a thing about star and stripe
You don't need spoiler tags for discussing chapters that are already out officially.

But no. The statement could just mean decay in general is too much for her to stop. Shigaraki's decay hasn't showcase any ability to work on decay resistant people. And we already know Star can't do everything. There are some rules she just can't make. Such as instantly killing Shigaraki instead of making a condition that he has to move and his heart will stop.

Or her strength increase having a finite limit. Decay in general can be a process she just can't stop period. Not because Shiggy has super power decay or something.

Todoroki needs Fire Absorption, in this scene his Flashfire Fist was absorbing the fire from his surroundings

Idk if this would scale to Endeavor and Dabi but here

We don't accept anime only stuff. Also he didn't absorb an outside source of fire into himself, he's compressing his own flames into a white-hot point.

Flashfire is compressing the flames into that white-hot point.

Btw for the accepted Ingenium Class 100 feat, it scales to:

Mirio (This would be a supporting feat since he scales to the Class K Nighteye feat), but yeah

Shishida (One of the strongest students with no quirk)

Ojiro (Also one of the strongest with no quirk)

Iida obviously (Is always portrayed as comparable and relative to Ingenium)

Stain potentially? He overpowered Ingenium and almost killed him but idk
Ingenium performed the feat with no quirk enhancement, since his quirk doesn’t enhance his physical strength and only his speed and KE. Thus, they scale

Don't know about Aizawa's feat so I won't comment on it.

That Class 100 feat is way too absurd. Since timeframe is a big factor, stopping something moving that fast in a second is going to require far greater lifting strength than taking 10 seconds to stop it. Also his Quirk does indeed boost his lifting strength, as the extra thrust from the engines on his arms would give him more push.

It propels him greater than what he can do by himself. Tensei saying it'd be difficult to stop doesn't even mention himself, he just says stopping it with external force. Even than it wouldn't mean he can stop it instantly like your calc assumes. He can't scale to that value unless he stops it dead on.

The fact he doesn't try to do it means he's not confident in his own strength, or he isn't confident he can stop it before it crashes into something.

Which means it wouldn't be quick.

Mirio doesn't scale to Class K, he never wrestled with Nighteye nor was their lifting strength compared to each other.

Their strength in general is compared to each other; which is why we lost them as Comparable in their AP values
Where? Provide a canon source that says their lifting strength is comparable to each other.

Mirio was only compared to Nighteye one time in the manga, and that was Overhaul stating Nighteye's movements aren't particularly fast but they're similar.

Where? Provide a canon source that says their lifting strength is comparable to each other.
If their brute strength in AP is comparable, logically their LS should also be comparable. They’re not using any powers unique to each of them; it’s nothing more than their sheer brute strength

And this is a direct quotation from the profile of Nighteye:

Attack Potency: Large Building level+ (Should be comparable to Lemillion as his mentor)”

If their brute strength in AP is comparable, logically their LS should also be comparable.
Energy and force are not directly comparable. A boxer could T.K.O. a wrestler, but a wrestler could restrain a boxer into submission.

Also, interestingly enough, according to the Ultra Analysis Book, Nighteye has a B in Power, and Mirio has a C.

Aizawa feat has been blogged. This doesn’t account for him ripping it off the wall, which would likely yield a higher value (but idk how to calc it), it only applies to him crushing it quickly

Would this even count as a Lifting Strength feat?

Also, Vigilantes takes place, at most, five years before the events of the main series, and Aizawa is not a hero that particularly focuses on his Lifting Strength or his brute force in general, so the "He was much younger, so he should upscale" argument doesn't really hold.

Would this even count as a Lifting Strength feat?

Also, Vigilantes takes place, at most, five years before the events of the main series, and Aizawa is not a hero that particularly focuses on his Lifting Strength or his brute force in general, so the "He was much younger, so he should upscale" argument doesn't really hold.
And the upscale in question is only by 1.04x, so assuming he got 4% stronger over 5 years isn’t unreasonable

And this is a direct quotation from the profile of Nighteye:
He has his own feats, he doesn't need any scaling to Mirio for any reason. Also why is his projectiles listed as a separate higher value? When exactly does Nighteye's strength magically increase when he throws an object? All of that object's energy is coming from him, he is throwing it physically.

He isn't taking advantage of gravity or anything to make it fall on someone. He's throwing these things with enough force that to injure a High 8-C+ characters. Also why does his profile say that he is capable of breaking the original Rappa's arm? The clone is less durable than Rappa, that statement on his profile makes no sense.

Especially when Rappa is 8-B right now. Nighteye is High 8-C+ for being able to break Fused Chisaki's arm.

Having comparable AP or striking strength doesn't mean anything for lifting strength. Lifting Strength is a separate value, Mirio will not scale to Nighteye LS without a reason.

Aizawa's calc needs to be evaluated, though I'm not okay with the assumed size. You should actually measure the area of the crushed pipe.

He isn't taking advantage of gravity or anything to make it fall on someone. He's throwing these things with enough force that to injure a High 8-C+ characters. Also why does his profile say that he is capable of breaking the original Rappa's arm? The clone is less durable than Rappa, that statement on his profile makes no sense.
There was a display of Twice describing how his power works: it shows that someone breaking his arm would destroy the clone

There was a display of Twice describing how his power works: it shows that someone breaking his arm would destroy the clone
Yeah, breaking the clone's arm. The profile says the original Rappa's arm, who is 8-B. The clone of Rappa is going to be less durable than the original.

That's how his Quirk works.

Yeah, breaking the clone's arm. The profile says the original Rappa's arm, who is 8-B. The clone of Rappa is going to be less durable than the original.
No, you’re misunderstanding what I’m saying; the clone is technically AS durable when it comes to singular attacks, but it reaches its limit faster

High 8-C character getting his arm broken originally = can keep moving on

High 8-C CLONE getting his arm broken = doesn’t make him any weaker, just reaches his limit quick

Back