• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Bro was reading the manga with his eyes closed
That dude be like:
maxresdefault.jpg

Except change "not stupid" to "but stupid" 😂

i have to master both sides of my quirk... also i have to stop my brother. i have to master both fire, and ice... and i have to stop dabi... did i mention that i need to master using both fire and ice, and that i need to make sure im strong enough to fight dabi? lets not forget... looks at both hands i need to get stronger... by mastering both fire and ice... both sides of my quirk.... i need to train.. to stop dabi....
So basically, you don't have a life anymore.

So basically, you don't have a life anymore.

Of course, this is a Reddit post. I shouldn't be surprised at the absurdity. Anyways, here's my two cents;

The average person, (if they paid attention to the story) would actually notice that while yes, he hasn't gotten any major development, he has gotten decent characterization. His relationship with Endeavor is portrayed amazingly. The reason he's overshadowed by Endeavor, to begin with, is because Endeavor was and still is an important part of his inner conflict, so when he sees him moving past and acknowledging his **** ups, it sort of... conflicts with his old ideals? As of now, his old ideals are pretty much nothing but a remnant of what they once were.

Simple story-telling, yet effective.

Of course, this is a Reddit post. I shouldn't be surprised at the absurdity. Anyways, here's my two cents;

The average person, (if they paid attention to the story) would actually notice that while yes, he hasn't gotten any major development, he has gotten decent characterization. His relationship with Endeavor is portrayed amazingly. The reason he's overshadowed by Endeavor, to begin with, is because Endeavor was and still is an important part of his inner conflict, so when he sees him moving past and acknowledging his **** ups, it sort of... conflicts with his old ideals? As of now, his old ideals are pretty much nothing but a remnant of what they once were.

Simple story-telling, yet effective.
But what about the other areas of his life? How he feels his whole family, not just him and Endeavor but also Fuyumi, Natsuo, and Rei, getting dragged through the mud thanks to Dabi's actions and how the public feels about him. In this regard we only get a handful of mentions/comments from the lad himself on how the public feels about him when an angry civilian bumping up to him when he was outside searching for Deku and yelling at him for all the damage his family caused to society or even people shown to be spreading rumors about him would have been much more powerful and compelling. His goal to become a hero who'd give everyone great assurance that they'd be safe and happy ended up getting derailed by his brother's destructive, selfish, actions. Or when Shouto, even after questioning Deku about his quirk numerous times, is only told lies by him about OFA and then finds out the truth about it when everything went into shit. Not everything about Shoto's lfe revolves exclusively between him and his dad, the rest of his family, Class 1-A, and even the rest of society are deeply intermingled in his life.

In these regards we were only given a handful of comments and hints about his life when Hori could have done a lot more with him. And I know he could, he has given other lesser characters like Gentle Criminal and Kirishima developments around the level I'm asking for. I'm not even asking for that much, literally just (what I believe to be) the bare minimum of what I want from Todoroki. Hell, maybe it's possible Horikoshi could find the time to explore these in the future, sort of. But we can't predict the future and we aren't even sure one-hundred-percent Hori would dedicate himself to this, we can only work with things we have right now, and with what we've got now it's frankly disappointing. Not to the level of me being flat out disinterested in Shoto—the opposite, in fact—but just enough to annoy me.

There's still a lot of question marks about Dabi.

He's supposed to have a weak constitution to fire yet is capable of using Flashfire Fist and overpowering Shoto. The only consequence is he was immobilized for maybe a few days and some burnt skin/flesh.
For all intents and purposes. Shoto is supposed to be hard counter against Dabi.

Either his weak constitution was overrated or there was something done to partially reinforce his body so that his flames doesn't kill him like it's supposed to be doing.

But what about the other areas of his life? How he feels his whole family, not just him and Endeavor but also Fuyumi, Natsuo, and Rei, getting dragged through the mud thanks to Dabi's actions and how the public feels about him. In this regard we only get a handful of mentions/comments from the lad himself on how the public feels about him when an angry civilian bumping up to him when he was outside searching for Deku and yelling at him for all the damage his family caused to society or even people shown to be spreading rumors about him would have been much more powerful and compelling. His goal to become a hero who'd give everyone great assurance that they'd be safe and happy ended up getting derailed by his brother's destructive, selfish, actions. Or when Shouto, even after questioning Deku about his quirk numerous times, is only told lies by him about OFA and then finds out the truth about it when everything went into shit. Not everything about Shoto's lfe revolves exclusively between him and his dad, the rest of his family, Class 1-A, and even the rest of society are deeply intermingled in his life.

In these regards we were only given a handful of comments and hints about his life when Hori could have done a lot more with him. And I know he could, he has given other lesser characters like Gentle Criminal and Kirishima developments around the level I'm asking for. I'm not even asking for that much, literally just (what I believe to be) the bare minimum of what I want from Todoroki. Hell, maybe it's possible Horikoshi could find the time to explore these in the future, sort of. But we can't predict the future and we aren't even sure one-hundred-percent Hori would dedicate himself to this, we can only work with things we have right now, and with what we've got now it's frankly disappointing. Not to the level of me being flat out disinterested in Shoto—the opposite, in fact—but just enough to annoy me.
Literally, all of that can be excused when you realize that Endeavor, Dabi, and his family are integral parts of his character. We'll likely see his development as time goes on when Horikoshi actually starts addressing the entire clusterfuck which is known as Todoroki's family.

Imagine if Deku and Aoyama have a short scuffle next chapter and Deku dodges Aoyama's Lightspeed laser (where it's outright stated to be Lightspeed).

Some people would legit lose their minds.

Imagine if Deku and Aoyama have a short scuffle next chapter and Deku dodges Aoyama's Lightspeed laser (where it's outright stated to be Lightspeed).

Some people would legit lose their minds.
Also, to be fair, all Hori needed to do was have a Light Quirk and make it act like Light and mha would easily be at least FTL now. He fumbled the bag ngl

Also, to be fair, all Hori needed to do was have a Light Quirk and make it act like Light and mha would easily be at least FTL now. He fumbled the bag ngl
Acting like light wouldn't be enough for scaling considering even the lasers in WHM are getting rejected despite bouncing off real mirrors.

Short of an outright Lightspeed statement, we aren't getting Lightspeed MHA.

I'd say the real problem is no one can really verify these so called mirrors until the movie actually comes out.

I have no idea what you're even talking about, what mirrors are we talking about?

Acting like light wouldn't be enough for scaling considering even the lasers in WHM are getting rejected despite bouncing off real mirrors.

Short of an outright Lightspeed statement, we aren't getting Lightspeed MHA.
I'm not talking about the Movie. I'm talking about the series overall if Hori would have just had a Light Quirk for a character, and it acted like real light.

I'd say the real problem is no one can really verify these so called mirrors until the movie actually comes out.

I have no idea what you're even talking about, what mirrors are we talking about?
Apparently, Deku was dodging ray beams from a gun or something like that, and they reflected off of some real world mirrors. Dragon made a calc for it, and it got Sub Rel results

Apparently, Deku was dodging ray beams from a gun or something like that, and they reflected off of some real world mirrors. Dragon made a calc for it, and it got Sub Rel results
Apologies, shouldn't have mentioned it in this thread. But it'll have to wait until the home release so we can judge it ourselves. But reflecting off of mirrors is strong evidence, though even if legit it'd only be one feat which is an outlier. Especially when far faster characters like Star and Shigaraki can't avoid "lasers" themselves.

Apologies, shouldn't have mentioned it in this thread. But it'll have to wait until the home release so we can judge it ourselves. But reflecting off of mirrors is strong evidence, though even if legit it'd only be one feat which is an outlier. Especially when far faster characters like Star and Shigaraki can't avoid "lasers" themselves.
Why do ppl still think Star didn’t catch the laser

Why do ppl still think Star didn’t catch the laser
Because there is no proof that she did or didn't. Both cases are 100% possible, in a case like this we ignore the feat instead of relying on a baseless assumption, and wait for the anime version to clear it up. There is no panel that shows the laser in mid flight and has her hands being put up

Shigaraki reflects the lasers, and the next panel shows her being hit by them. She could've either raised her hand before the laser hit her, or she could've touch the laser after it already hit her. There is no in between panel that shows what actually happened, and as such we cannot assume that she caught it before it hit her.

If Horikoshi wants certain characters to be able to dodge light speed attacks, we will get actual confirmation in the future. Patience is a virtue.

There's still a lot of question marks about Dabi.

He's supposed to have a weak constitution to fire yet is capable of using Flashfire Fist and overpowering Shoto. The only consequence is he was immobilized for maybe a few days and some burnt skin/flesh.
For all intents and purposes. Shoto is supposed to be hard counter against Dabi.

Either his weak constitution was overrated or there was something done to partially reinforce his body so that his flames doesn't kill him like it's supposed to be doing.
Actually, yes. What the ****.

Wonder how AFO is gonna respond to this whole situation if he finds out. Will we get another attempted detonation.

I still think the best course of action for the heroes with the traitor plot is to keep things in motion. Even if Aoyama and his family are caught don't expose it to the public and keep everything looking normal.

Then have them perform whatever action/orders AFO gives them. Even if the heroes don't use that to set up a trap, they can still use it to give AFO false hope that the plan is still in motion.

Saw this in a YouTube comment:

"Here were crazy theories saying that Deku’s mom was the traitor, saying that she let AFO and the Dr. take Deku’s quirk as a baby so that he couldn’t go into the dangerous line of work that is being a hero. But with that in mind, the fact that Aoyama was quirkless as a child but his parents having AFO give him a quirk is setting up the idea that Deku’s mom no to the same offer. And that is why she was always so sorrowful and looked a little guilty when quirkless Deku would ask if he could be a hero too, because she had the chance to give him a quirk and chose not to."

Back