• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I simply moved on from the conversation since it was getting toxic. You should try it too.

Nothing in the narrative says MHA is lightspeed nor even relativistic. If you want to bring the narrative into it, then almost every character besides Deku isn’t even bullet timing unless they’re explicitly equal to Deku in speed or on his level like Hawks, Endeavor, and maybe Bakugo.
It wasnt getting toxic at all, i debunked u and u ran with ur leg between ur legs. At least admit you’re incorrect.

Narrative wise we have them dodging bullets, lasers and even have feats that can be sub rela to light speed (Deku and Bakugo’s explosion during heroes rising).

It wasnt getting toxic at all, i debunked u and u ran with ur leg between ur legs. At least admit you’re incorrect.

Narrative wise we have them dodging bullets, lasers and even have feats that can be sub rela to light speed (Deku and Bakugo’s explosion during heroes rising).
We have 1 character actually dodging bullets. No one dodges a real life quantifying laser (even if was real and was actually lightspeed, itd be an outlier, since the characters consistently fail to dodge bullets more than they do dodge) and I have no idea what that feat could be or how it could be relativistic, nor who would actually scale to it.

There’s a scene where Deku’s 100% punches appear on Flect, there’s a brief pause, and then Flect takes damage and begins bleeding. Wonder what speed could be derived from this. I’m sure it’s just artistic liberty tho.

We have 1 character actually dodging bullets. No one dodges a real life quantifying laser (even if was real and was actually lightspeed, itd be an outlier, since the characters consistently fail to dodge bullets more than they do dodge) and I have no idea what that feat could be or how it could be relativistic, nor who would actually scale to it.
If thats what you want to believe, a topic we have already had a trillion times

I just used ang distance to find the distance from lady nagant and overhaul and got 390.37m. Her bullet quite literally blitz him so 390.37/.08= 4879.62m/s bullet speed.
Deku moved 112m before it could move 1.42m
(112.11*4879.62)/1.42=385249.43M/s= Massively hypersonic+

Another look at this, after observing it seems while the bullet was traveling out Overhaul was still in the same spot running, on the edge of the building, and even his flaps were still present in the same spot. So slow motion can be used.
Assuming in this slowed POV the bullet moved at the speed of a normal bullet.
(5/.018)*343=95277 m/s

Do laser attacks ”generally” draw blood? Or is that a point against a laser being a real light laser??

I‘d imagine a laser would just instantly cauterise any wound it makes.

There’s a scene where Deku’s 100% punches appear on Flect, there’s a brief pause, and then Flect takes damage and begins bleeding. Wonder what speed could be derived from this. I’m sure it’s just artistic liberty tho.
How did those punches even cause him to bleed like he was cut?

The same posts literally states that the effect varies on the wavelength of the light and the reason it has that affect on flesh is because of the wavelength its set on

Science is whack.

No one seems to react to the lasers anyway, so it means nothing, and some of the lasers have force and generate explosions, so.

I find it terrifying how Flect is blasted away from Deku, he pants heavily and stares where Deku is, then suddenly he’s bleeding and has several fist imprints lodged into his flesh and Deku is suddenly right in front of him. Deku went FTE to someone who was contending with 20% (I think?) Deku.

Deku is the scariest character because when he’s mad, he’s MAD, and no one expects that level of raw from him.

Ima go ahead and do the size
iirc the island diameter was 5.65 and the wall was .08.
5.65/.08=70.625x difference. so 70.625x82.06=5795.48 km. thats if i remembered my measurements correctly

Back