• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

So, headcanon.

”Star made a secret rule we never see her say because her broken op hard to understand quirk needs even more confusion thrown into the mix and thus lasers are lightspeed and this can’t be debunked. Duhhh.”

Its not headcanon, address my argument. Youre just being petty at this point as in series showings can be used to form a conclusion

So, headcanon.

”Star made a secret rule we never see her say because her broken op hard to understand quirk needs even more confusion thrown into the mix and thus lasers are lightspeed and this can’t be debunked. Duhhh.”
They already aren’t light speed by site rules.

You’re being stupid, honestly. That or you don’t even read this thread. Or anything. Pay attention next time.

They already aren’t light speed by site rules.

You’re being stupid, honestly. That or you don’t even read this thread. Or anything. Pay attention next time.
No need to be rude. I’m simply adding another point of information to debunk these lasers being “lightspeed”, incase another person comes along and says otherwise.

No need to be rude. I’m simply adding another point of information to debunk these lasers being “lightspeed”, incase another person comes along and says otherwise.
Rude? You’re the one being sarcastic and dismissing arguments as headcanon everytime you show up in this thread. Stop playing victim and accept that you were wrong. You weren’t helping anyone or adding any points other than to inflate your own ego at being right.

Boiling/evaporation looks different. We literally see the sea moving and splashing when she plunged the laser down.
Boiling at a fast speed can cause splashing, and if they did gain mass then theres no problem. The properties of light were hindered with so i dont see the problem with this

“The laser is holdable” is a weird thing.

What property did she change to make it holdable? Did she just remove it’s heat?? It doesn’t burn her hands like it did her mask or face. The lasers have already been shown to have some mass.

I dislike monologuing but Horikoshi needs to have his characters monologue just a tiiiiiiny bit more IMO. So much vagueness.

Rude? You’re the one being sarcastic and dismissing arguments as headcanon everytime you show up in this thread. Stop playing victim and accept that you were wrong. You weren’t helping anyone or adding any points other than to inflate your own ego at being right.
Again, stop being rude for no reason. I call headcanon arguments what they are; headcanons.

If you have to make up things to debunk a debunk, that’s headcanon. “The lasers unite into one!” isn’t the same as “the lasers become solid”, yet you insist Star changed the properties of the lasers with no actual canon to back that up.

Shigaraki is quickly becoming the master of jobbing. 90% of his screentime has just been him taking hits. I think he forgot how to attack.

“The laser is holdable” is a weird thing.

What property did she change to make it holdable? Did she just remove it’s heat?? It doesn’t burn her hands like it did her mask or face. The lasers have already been shown to have some mass.

I dislike monologuing but Horikoshi needs to have his characters monologue just a tiiiiiiny bit more IMO. So much vagueness.
To be holdable means it’s holdable, it means exactly what it means. Removing the heat doesn’t line up with the statement, making it holdable means before hand it wasn’t tangible

Again, stop being rude for no reason. I call headcanon arguments what they are; headcanons.

If you have to make up things to debunk a debunk, that’s headcanon. “The lasers unite into one!” isn’t the same as “the lasers become solid”, yet you insist Star changed the properties of the lasers with no actual canon to back that up.
She could not hold the lasers themselves without making them holdable. Raw translations had her state the lasers become solid. She is holding a combined laser spear, when lasers have no mass.

You’re the one arguing headcanon. Again. You have no backing and go into a corner everytime someone proves you’re wrong. What, you can dish out sarcasm and belittle the arguments of others, but can’t handle it back? Are you that insecure?

Um so I'm certain the viz translation just didn't mentioned it, but the raw japanese kanji seems to be for solid/stable or any other adjectives.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but considering two other fan translation has her say solidify the laser and air, I think it's safe to say that's what happened.

She could not hold the lasers themselves without making them holdable. Raw translations had her state the lasers become solid. She is holding a combined laser spear, when lasers have no mass.

You’re the one arguing headcanon. Again. You have no backing and go into a corner everytime someone proves you’re wrong. What, you can dish out sarcasm and belittle the arguments of others, but can’t handle it back? Are you that insecure?
She didn’t holding the combined laser, her air giant is. And it’s never stated she made THESE combined lasers holdable nor solid. So, again, headcanon argument.

Stop being rude or I’ll have to report you.

IMG_2550.png

I ninjad rusty

The correct translations say “solid into one, solidify into one, harden into one, harden and combine into one, etc” all making it gain mass so

Deku spin-kicked Nine so hard that the shockwaves pushed the ocean away and exposed deep trenches yet some people believe he wasn’t at 100% because “he didn’t break his legs”? Whack.

MHA is a verse that’ll never reach lightspeed (thankfully) because it’d just be an outlier no matter what (unless the series pulls a dragon ball in, like, 10 years and adds aliens and Deku is actually a Vegeman from the planet Broccoli6) and the verse works better the lower scale it is.

Debunk him and he literally ignores you and goes and call it an outlier.
Can’t call something an outlier just because it doesn’t fit YOUR scaling when it clearly is set in the narrative scaling for the series

I simply moved on from the conversation since it was getting toxic. You should try it too.

Nothing in the narrative says MHA is lightspeed nor even relativistic. If you want to bring the narrative into it, then almost every character besides Deku isn’t even bullet timing unless they’re explicitly equal to Deku in speed or on his level like Hawks, Endeavor, and maybe Bakugo.

Debunk him and he literally ignores you and goes and call it an outlier.
Can’t call something an outlier just because it doesn’t fit YOUR scaling when it clearly is set in the narrative scaling for the series
Ignore him. Whenever he’s proven wrong he changes the subject. It’s a common defense mechanism for prideful people who can’t admit when they’re not correct.

Back