• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Only reason people say this is because people are equating blue anime lightning to Full Cowl 100%. Did Deku even break his arms against Flect to say he used 100% let alone Full Cowl 100%.

Also given the damage Deku's limbs take from using 100% in the war arc I just don't see how anyone can say he is using Full Cowl 100%. Arm and leg bones can be patched up but what about Deku's cranium, his brain, his internal organs.

Like it should literally be impossible for Deku to use 100% anywhere near his torso or head otherwise he's dead.
Yes he broke his arms against Flect. So yes, he was using 100%.

You’re thinking too hard about the logistics of Full Cowl on his organs. I severely doubt anyone making the movie, nor Horikoshi himself, care about the actual functions of the bodies internals. Asking them to be hyper realistic is an impossibility.

“Blue lightning”

Who said that was the indicator and not the spikey hair, eyes, and massive jump in power?

100% all forced into a single limb vs all that 100% energy spread around his body. It’s the difference between a high pressure water jet and a regular hose.

And just because they’re in a 100% state, doesn’t mean every single action is 100%. Deku can’t exactly flex his pecs hard enough so that the backlash breaks his… pec bones? I don’t know.

OFA’s self-damage has only ever mentioned limbs and muscles and bones, I don’t know where it was stated it ever effected organs like the heart.

I didn't realize that the missile thing was somewhat brought up before.

When Tartarus guards were talking about killing Machia, they said they can't use missiles on him because he's human.

Japan: No! You can't use missiles on a human being!

United States: Haha, hypersonic missiles go boom.

Also like how it's said that they informed Japan that the strike is imminent, they didn't say they got their permission.

I didn't realize that the missile thing was somewhat brought up before.

When Tartarus guards were talking about killing Machia, they said they can't use missiles on him because he's human.

Japan: No! You can't use missiles on a human being!

United States: Haha, hypersonic missiles go boom.

Also like how it's said that they informed Japan that the strike is imminent, they didn't say they got their permission.
The only reason they are using missiles on shigaraki is because they realize he's too dangerous to be alive.

I took some time out of my day to do some research about missiles. Since Shigaraki is about to be blasted to kingdom come by some of the most "powerful" missiles the United States has ever created, if not, the most powerful missiles in the world. Since they're said to be "state of the art."

The most powerful missile ever created is the R-36m missile, which has a bomb yield of 550-750 kt. There are even some reports claiming that a single warhead could reach a yield of up to 20 Mt. If my math is correct, and if we assume all of the missiles are going to hit Shigaraki at the exact same time, he's going to be hit with a bomb yield worth 180 Megatons. Or, if we assume the low-end (550-750 kilotons), 6.75 Megatons.

Needless to say, if Shigaraki survives this, no one should be saying these characters should be nuked back to 7-C.

I took some time out of my day to do some research about missiles. Since Shigaraki is about to be blasted to kingdom come by some of the most "powerful" missiles the United States has ever created, if not, the most powerful missiles in the world. Since they're said to be "state of the art."

The most powerful missile ever created is the R-36m missile, which has a bomb yield of 550-750 kt. There are even some reports claiming that a single warhead could reach a yield of up to 20 Mt. If my math is correct, and if we assume all of the missiles are going to hit Shigaraki at the exact same time, he's going to be hit with a bomb yield worth 180 Megatons. Or, if we assume the low-end (550-750 kilotons), 6.75 Megatons.

Needless to say, if Shigaraki survives this, no one should be saying these characters should be nuked back to 7-C.
outlier

Considering the recent cloud feats I believe these missiles are gonna have some major DC

I wonder if Horikoshi even gets how strong cloud dispersal is. Watch the Tiamat be City Block level and Shigaraki almost freaking dies.
“After several decades of using top tier technology, we have finally produced bombs that rivals All Might at his strongest. Use each one well as making these aren’t easy, it requires top tier technology to make. They each have the energy to fragment an entire building!”

I wonder if Horikoshi even gets how strong cloud dispersal is
Cloud dispersal is only really strong with a mass atmosphere movement. Things that create pressure differentials can move clouds without needing extremely high energy results. Its why nuclear bombs will move clouds and the like.

Its like how the site rather highballs earthquakes. The Tsar Bomba for example had shockwaves that moved across the planet three times and created tremors that could be picked up anywhere on the planet, but its only 50 Megatons.

I wonder if Horikoshi even gets how strong cloud dispersal is. Watch the Tiamat be City Block level and Shigaraki almost freaking dies.
I think Horikoshi has a measure in his mind of how strong/durable top tiers with strength enhancement are. Whether it is All Might, Star, Gigantomachia, or modified Shigaraki.

Where stuff is a little bit iffy when it comes to durability/physical strength is when it concerns top tiers without strength enhancement like Endeavor.

Back