• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Uh whoever the hell fits your headcanon really. Iirc Mjolnir's requirements of being "worthy" were never stated. Thor re-earned his worthiness by making friends and having courage to defend his friends, even going so far as to be willing to sacrifice his own life. But that seemingly isn't the only requirement as Tony, who did the same thing with the Chitauri nuke, was not able to lift the damn thing.

It’s not stated that Katsuma allowed them to use FC 100%, though he did make their bodies stronger.

It’s also never stated that using FC 100% will just kill Deku in a few moments. That is the assumed reason for why Deku doesn’t use FC 100%, even though when FC 100% was introduced, Deku doesn’t ever use 100% in the manga again until vs Shigaraki.
Well it’s just that using FC 100% is something he can’t do on his own without getting seriously injured
hence why the movie at the end made no sense considering he could still move around

Well it’s just that using FC 100% is something he can’t do on his own without getting seriously injured
hence why the movie at the end made no sense considering he could still move around
Deku could always move around after using 100%. Besides his first time, he kinda fell apart.

The simple answer is that blue lightning simply doesn't mean 100%. It's just a thing the anime does.

Deku has always ignored the pain also he probably only used full cowl 100% for short bursts so it didn't completely Detroy him
He would die if any of his vital organs took the damage his arms take when he uses 100%. You can ignore pain if you break your arm but you can't if you break your brain.

How? When has he used 100% with his limbs and not broken them? In the war arc he broke his arm with the very first 100% punch.
And guess what? He could immediately clutch his fist and fold his arm back. He kept mobility even after he breaks his arm. It’s as if it doesn’t even affect him.

The simple answer is that blue lightning simply doesn't mean 100%. It's just a thing the anime does.
But it IS 100%, that is what has been shown to us. When Deku literally says he was going 100% against Overhaul blue lightning, when 100% in a single limb doesn’t work he goes full body and we get blue lightning. Are you gonna argue he wasn’t going 100% in 100%?

And guess what? He could immediately clutch his fist and fold his arm back. He kept mobility even after he breaks his arm. It’s as if it doesn’t even affect him.
No dude he has a high pain tolerance is all. If that was the case then Deku would had still went to use 100% beforehand if he knew he could do it….let’s not forget he starting experiencing pain around 40%-50%

No dude he has a high pain tolerance is all. If that was the case then Deku would had still went to use 100% beforehand if he knew he could do it….let’s not forget he starting experiencing pain around 40%-50%
“No dude” are you claiming Deku didnt have mobility in his arms still? Thats just false. He could still move his arms around and hell, he was even capable of pushing against muscular with a broken, which wouldn’t be possible if it was completely shattered. Hid arm would have folded in sooo

How? When has he used 100% with his limbs and not broken them? In the war arc he broke his arm with the very first 100% punch.
Breaking a limb =/= can’t move it.

Unless you have not been reading or watching this series at all, that should be the most basic possible understanding of Izuku Midoriya. Using 100% ever since his fight against Muscular has never lowered his actual combat ability until it gets too bad. Using FC 100% for a few seconds isn’t going to do anything to him.

Also, again for the organ stuff, you’re expecting hyper realism for a fantasy super power up that lets him punch people into mountainsides and break it. You’re not going to get that ever in this manga.

“No dude” are you claiming Deku didnt have mobility in his arms still? Thats just false. He could still move his arms around and hell, he was even capable of pushing against muscular with a broken, which wouldn’t be possible if it was completely shattered. Hid arm would have folded in sooo
I thought we were talking about moving with his leg like running not punching.

Breaking a limb =/= can’t move it.

Unless you have not been reading or watching this series at all, that should be the most basic possible understanding of Izuku Midoriya. Using 100% ever since his fight against Muscular has never lowered his actual combat ability until it gets too bad. Using FC 100% for a few seconds isn’t going to do anything to him.

Also, again for the organ stuff, you’re expecting hyper realism for a fantasy super power up that lets him punch people into mountainsides and break it. You’re not going to get that ever in this manga.
His fight against Muscular Deku says breaking his legs would take away his mobility. I'm not saying he can't punch with broken hands. He does that all the time. People can do that in real life too. But are you saying he can run around the place with completely broken legs?

And with FC 100% his hands and legs are the least if his worries cause at least those can be fixed.

Except no one is saying blue lightning is the indicator of 100% besides you…
Then how do people come to the conclusion that Deku in Heroes Rising or now in WHM used 100% Full Cowl. It was just yesterday that you and others were talking about this. Just scroll to the previous page, you guys are there saying Deku can use Full Cowl 100% in HR and WHM.

I asked why he broke his arms punching then but not his legs or even more vitals parts in his torso and head if he was using FC 100% but no one ever has an answer apart from headcanon.

Some people even make up stuff saying that FC doesn't hurt Deku if 'he just uses it to move' or that 'FC is weaker than just using OFA in one body part hence doesn't hurt him' (despite 20% FC hurting him). Headcanon and Excuses.

Then how do people come to the conclusion that Deku in Heroes Rising or now in WHM used 100% Full Cowl. It was just yesterday that you and others were talking about this. Just scroll to the previous page, you guys are there saying Deku can use Full Cowl 100% in HR and WHM.

I asked why he broke his arms punching then but not his legs or even more vitals parts in his torso and head if he was using FC 100% but no one ever has an answer apart from headcanon.

Some people even make up stuff saying that FC doesn't hurt Deku if 'he just uses it to move' or that 'FC is weaker than just using OFA in one body part hence doesn't hurt him' (despite 20% FC hurting him). Headcanon and Excuses.
If ask for answers then call them head canon despite there not being an in series answer. You’re essentially asking for headcanon then dismiss them via headcanon

I gave you the answer a few pages ago:

• Spikey eyes, appears in the manga.
  • Spikey Hair, appears in the manga.
  • Massive jump in power.

It was never stated Full Cowling 100% would instantly kill Deku, just that if Deku /before ever training/ inherited it, OFA in general, Deku /without training/ would lose his limbs. However, Deku after training can use 100% in a single limb and not completely lose his limb, merely break a bone.

It’s also never stated OFA works on or damages organs, that’s something you’ve invented.

There’s also the difference of 100% power in a single limb vs spreading the power around the entire body + Katsuma’s boost + the time spent in 100% state + not every single move is 100% power, like how All Might says, not every movement he does is always at 100% because he’d create wind blasts and destruction.

Meanwhile your only argument against is:
  • Deku doesn’t use 100% in the manga without Eri. (Ignoring how much wish fulfilment is in the movies— Deku and All Might fighting together, OFA Bakugo, Deku defeating a legit threat all by himself, Deku flexing his Blackwhip, entire class fighting together as one, etc etc. 100% isn’t too much of a step.)
  • Deku can still move (even though he’s always been shown able to move after using 100% in his limbs outside of the very first time he’s ever used the power ever).

If ask for answers then call them head canon despite there not being an in series answer. You’re essentially asking for headcanon then dismiss them via headcanon
The only reason I even said that is because Atomic said no one says Deku is using FC 100% based off the color of the lightning which I remember arguing against a while back for both HR and even now WHM which some of you have been trying to push as FC 100% with zero evidence.

The only reason I even said that is because Atomic said no one says Deku is using FC 100% based off the color of the lightning which I remember arguing against a while back for both HR and even now WHM which some of you have been trying to push as FC 100% with zero evidence.
but there is evidence, that being its established that is 100%.

If it looks like Full Cowling 100%, and has the same power of Full Cowling 100%, why wouldn’t it be Full Cowling 100%?

If “artistic liberty“ is your argument for why it isn’t 100% then we may as well revisit all movie feats with “artistic liberty“ in mind.

Saw something interesting on twitter, when star loses her super strength he said the steam is to show that, we also see that after losing it she loses that different artstyle and looks like your average mha character. Cool observation.

Again…..pain tolerance

according to this guy high pain tolerance allows an arm which bones look like shattered glass to hold up straight against someone pushing against it with force greater than its own

I took some time out of my day to do some research about missiles. Since Shigaraki is about to be blasted to kingdom come by some of the most "powerful" missiles the United States has ever created, if not, the most powerful missiles in the world. Since they're said to be "state of the art."

The most powerful missile ever created is the R-36m missile, which has a bomb yield of 550-750 kt. There are even some reports claiming that a single warhead could reach a yield of up to 20 Mt. If my math is correct, and if we assume all of the missiles are going to hit Shigaraki at the exact same time, he's going to be hit with a bomb yield worth 180 Megatons. Or, if we assume the low-end (550-750 kilotons), 6.75 Megatons.

Needless to say, if Shigaraki survives this, no one should be saying these characters should be nuked back to 7-C.
Don't forget star could pull another one of her shit and compress the initial fireballs of each explosion together to create a blast that would be way above 7-A I mean the initial fire ball of one of a normal intercontinental missile has a temperature of around 200 million degrees Fahrenheit or 100 million degrees Celsius which is how hot it is at the center of the sun

Don't forget star could pull another one of her shit and compress the initial fireballs of each explosion together to create a blast that would be way above 7-A I mean the initial fire ball of one of a normal intercontinental missile has a temperature of around 200 million degrees Fahrenheit or 100 million degrees Celsius which is how hot it is at the center of the sun
u never gave me ur discord :(

Back