• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

No limit fallacy again.

A Hero doesn't kill a villain, it's especially the case in MHA, so why would she resort to such methods if according to you she can do whatever she pleases with her law manipulation. As a Hero wouldn't it be a better option to simply say "You are no longer evil", why would she go through great lengths to touch him in order to make his heart stop beating that's not very Hero-like (or have this silly who touches first competition in the first place).

What you are doing is literally the definition of no limit fallacy, just because we don't know the limit to what she can doesn't necessarily mean she can do everything, including making herself as strong as the strongest character in the verse.
Im not reading that until we get more information

Nice rebuttal. Anyways, I'm still under the impression you are memeing right now. Because Moon lvl Ochako or MFTL+ All might sounds like something I would hear from TikTok users, but definitely not here.
Not rebuttal im not reading until the next 3 chapters cause im quite sure you saw the note at the bottom. Want moon level uraraka? Hmu on discord

SS new quirk is stupidly busted....what was Hiro thinking putting this in MHA is beyond me lmao

She can stomp anyone in the verse if she so wished if it weren't for her being a Hero and CIS....imagine if she was a competent villain, instant GG for Heroes.

SS new quirk is stupidly busted....what was Hiro thinking putting this in MHA is beyond me lmao

She can stomp anyone in the verse if she so wished if it weren't for her being a Hero and CIS....imagine if she was a competent villain, instant GG for Heroes.
Nah, All might prime, and Deku 100% with fa-jin should be able to blitz her

I honestly imagine that the final fight between shigaraki and Deku will be something like "" Deku, you must constantly fight faster than sound to prevent Shigaraki from forming a complete sentence "

Nah, All might prime, and Deku 100% with fa-jin should be able to blitz her

I honestly imagine that the final fight between shigaraki and Deku will be something like "" Deku, you must constantly fight faster than sound to prevent Shigaraki from forming a complete sentence "
I highly doubt it if she can react perfectly fine to current Shiggy

I highly doubt it if she can react perfectly fine to current Shiggy
Unless current Shiggy uses some speed quirks or something, Faux 100% should be able to comfortably blitz him considering he was only slightly faster than 45% Deku + he was slower than Black Whip alone on 2 occasions.

Faux 100% has Fa Jin whose boost is a bit unquantifiable, OFA 45% which was only slightly slower than Shigaraki, and Black Whip which is outright faster than Shigaraki's movement speed on 2 different occasions.

Unless current Shiggy uses some speed quirks or something, Faux 100% should be able to comfortably blitz considering he was only slightly faster than 45% Deku + he was slower than Black Whip alone on 2 occasions.
Yes a much weaker Shiggy, SS is dealing with a much stronger one.

War arc
1. Shigaraki escapes Deku and Ryukyu's grip and even unleashes a shockwave sending Deku back. Deku sends out Black Whip which catches up to Shigaraki when he reaches Aizawa and wraps around his waist.

2. Shigaraki is about to decay everything. His fingers are like a centimeter from reaching the ground. Deku unleashes Black Whip and still manages to snare him and yank him to the sky.

The first incident alone shows how much faster Black Whip is than Shigaraki's movement speed especially as Shigaraki even used a shockwave to propel himself for that last boost of speed.

Faux 100% has Black Whip's centrifugal force + 45% which is not that much slower than Shigaraki. While Shigaraki was faster than Deku, it was clearly negligible and once they went to the sky, the speed advantage was redundant.

Then there's Fa Jin.

Anyway so far to catch up to Faux 100% speed, 1A had to use like 10+ quirks in conjunction just to catch up. And this was an exhausted Deku that was staggering and almost collapsing a few moments prior to Deku vs 1A.

Just don’t argue with Timmy. His idea of “natural progression” is:

Average Human speed -> massively hypersonic+ to relativistic (this is within only a few weeks of in-verse time) -> massively FTL.

And that’s assuming he ignores the entire mini-arc of the students getting into UA, and their canon, official running speeds.

- I hope SS lives.

- Also Mirko and Nagant to come back too. Hori didn't kill Nagant so I'm hoping she comes back. Mirko is pretty much guaranteed considering Hori loves her. His post about season 6 mainly gushed about Mirko.

- Midnight to get a good send off/funeral. I'd like it if the PLF dudes that killed her are dealt with by 1A to sort of avenge her.

- Ochako: I'm kinda fine with what she does now but I still wish she got a more tangible power-up like the rest of the 1A. Just saying she got stronger when her quirk is exactly the same and we haven't seen her doing anything that she supposedly couldn't do before just isn't enough.

- We got 13 face reveal and I love her. I wish she was more prominent. Another powerful hax quirk right there.

- Another obscure character I like is Pixie Bob. Her earth (geokinesis) quirk has potential to be one of the most OP series in the story. It's just that it's on a side character. Like she can do earth landslides, turn earth to sand (which can counter decay as seen with the Hero Snatch), create earth constructs like Cementoss and even create numerous Earth beasts some which can even fly.

Also Tomura at least in the leaks has not used any new quirks yet. So far he only used the quirks we already saw at Kamino or in the war arc.

I think there might be one new quirk but the main ones he used were radio waves and the Kamino quirks: reflecting attacks, Spring-like limbs, etc.

What if Shigaraki’s body being “complete” doesn't mean his physical body becomes stronger, but that all the quirks AFO has collected in his prime become active, that couldn’t be used before due to damaged and broken bodies?

- I hope SS lives.

- Also Mirko and Nagant to come back too. Hori didn't kill Nagant so I'm hoping she comes back. Mirko is pretty much guaranteed considering Hori loves her. His post about season 6 mainly gushed about Mirko.

- Midnight to get a good send off/funeral. I'd like it if the PLF dudes that killed her are dealt with by 1A to sort of avenge her.

- Ochako: I'm kinda fine with what she does now but I still wish she got a more tangible power-up like the rest of the 1A. Just saying she got stronger when her quirk is exactly the same and we haven't seen her doing anything that she supposedly couldn't do before just isn't enough.

- We got 13 face reveal and I love her. I wish she was more prominent. Another powerful hax quirk right there.

- Another obscure character I like is Pixie Bob. Her earth (geokinesis) quirk has potential to be one of the most OP series in the story. It's just that it's on a side character. Like she can do earth landslides, turn earth to sand (which can counter decay as seen with the Hero Snatch), create earth constructs like Cementoss and even create numerous Earth beasts some which can even fly.
- I do too m8.

- Mirko is a good character insofar. I'm hoping to see a little more depth to her personality and goals in heroism. I'm curious as to how Nagant would come to terms with supporting a tyrannical villain like AFO and his league while retracing her steps to being a hero and be better than before.

- Yeah her quirk seems fascinating to me as well. I hope we get to see more of her.

I wonder how the specifics of S&S' law manip name thing works. Like what if someone legally has their name changed? What if the person has no name? What necessarily defines ones name?
That’s a really good question. My initial thought was a name is whatever many have a designated something but that clearly didn’t work on AFO 2.0 so it must be different rules for a living and non living thing. For something living it’s probably what they identify themselves with.

I actually had to stop for a moment, Star and Stripes was the little girl in the car All Might saved in the beginning of the Two Heroes Movie. And her hair isn't blond but brown, which is unexpected. I'm surprised at how much Horikoshi keeps doing with past background characters.

Also her Quirk is interesting, pretty broken yeah. Though I wonder how the name thing works, did it not work on him because they're becoming something new like the vestige AFO said? Or is it because that body's name isn't Tomura Shigaraki but Tenko Shimura? I can honestly see both of those things being possible.

Well Shigaraki has a reflection and diffusion Quirk. Also that Radio waves combination was insane.

Last edited:
Back