• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

An outlier is a value that exists by itself among a series of much more consistent values.
Cool, but if the feat itself doesn't bring any contradictions in the lore then what is the problem?
For example, Plus Ultra tier characters (i.e., modern One For All users, All For One, Symbol of Evil Tomura, etc.) have consistently had Hypersonic+ to High Hypersonic+ feats, with Izuku having that nice Massively Hypersonic feat spliced in. A random FTL feat from a fodder would be disregarded, because there is nothing else to support it. The same goes for Plus Ultra tier characters.
Then you’d believe those other feats aren’t accurate representation of their speeds. I’ve even gave an alternative to the Fuax feat on why its a massive lowball (wiki rules limit it) and gave another method of calcing it which make deem accurate.
What’s supporting it is the feat itself.
Its not always a question of it not matching other feats, but should be a question of whether or not your methods are the best and if anything actually contradicts it.
I have dozens of sub rela to rela speed feats for mha.

And natural progression is a completely valid argument, if they get stronger and does X feat then the author is setting new standards after this character just got stronger. There’s nothing wrong that

What makes you say this? Not trying to doubt you or anything. Is it cuz we're getting more op quirks?
Stuff like Tomura resuscitating himself through sheer willpower, Stars and Stripes having a Quirk that allows her to impose new laws of reality, everything about One For All, and so on.

It is progressively getting sillier, at least to me.

“Anyone holding ill intentions towards me will implode and be erased from existence without being capable of fighting against it no matter what

a97b53b1593f4785c2fe069bcbba17312.jpg

Lets see, ger has shown that before he rtz the person can indeed act, so unless you have proof that ger can resist her hax? Bc it seems like she will “the man in front of me will disappear if he thinks” and boom

Lets see, ger has shown that before he rtz the person can indeed act, so unless you have proof that ger can resist her hax? Bc it seems like she will “the man in front of me will disappear if he thinks” and boom
This heavily screams no limit fallacy and misinterpreting what her Hax does.

Given the nature of her ability she should be more than capable of doing this.
How am I misinterpreting? That’s literally what her ability does, she manipulate laws.
So, you are saying she can beat Prime All-might? And my answer is no, she can't be as strong as All Might so there is also a limit of the raw force exerted. We know that she can only use two active rules (And the first rule is buffing herself) otherwise would leave her physically weak.

She can say Shiggy's heart will stop because that's an action or a state within her possibilities and talent. She can't have a rule where she says "X will be erased from it's existence" and then X's existence is suddenly erased. If we are going by your interpretation, why would she say "stop your heart" instead of going straight to "removing all his abilities", making him forget his identity or other things that could she have done instead of resorting to kill him by making his heart stop beating.

Because of the nature of her quirk, she can only impose one rule that's possible and still impossible in the sense she can't just say "I'm as strong as Prime All-might or I'm infinitely stronger than Prime All-might", there are clear limits to her quirk which even she's aware of.

So, you are saying she can beat Prime All-might? And my answer is no, she can't be as strong as All Might so there is also a limit of the raw force exerted. We know that she can only use two active rules (And the first rule is buffing herself) otherwise would leave her physically weak.

She can say Shiggy's heart will stop because that's an action or a state within her possibilities and talent. She can't have a rule where she says "X will be erased from it's existence" and then X's existence is suddenly erased. If we are going by your interpretation, why would she say "stop your heart" instead of going straight to "removing all his abilities", making him forget his identity or other things that could she have done instead of resorting to kill him by making his heart stop beating.

Because of the nature of her quirk, she can only impose one rule that's possible and still impossible in the sense she can't just say "I'm as strong as Prime All-might or I'm infinitely stronger than Prime All-might", there are clear limits to her quirk which even she's aware of.
None of that present in series so headcanon (at football and cba to read this ill look at it later)

So basically Limited Law Manipulation?

When did I say she can beat Prime All Might? Thats a fat ass strawman.
She can be as strong as prime All Might. Make herself durable enough to handle that power and then make herself as strong as him. Easy.
Her not doing something doesn’t suggest she cant do something, if anything you’re asserting something you would need to prove.
You also mention a set possibility and just straight up say she cant do something, when none of that has been presented at all. Neither of us can assert any claim about the abilities so lets leave it here

Yes. But it’s probably considered troll here, but if you want to go to exclusive mha scaling hmu on discord: Timmy Turner#4018
I might check it out later but I was just curious, not to take a jab at your calcs because I can't calc for shit, but do you actually visualise Ururaka actually being capable of striking the moon and doing catastrophic damage to it?

Oh, I always thought it was a logical consistency thing since I remember you saying you had her there because she survived Deku's shockwaves or smthn and since your standards for outliers are different then here, you just went with it.
Hmu bro those scales be different

When did I say she can beat Prime All Might? Thats a fat ass strawman.
She can be as strong as prime All Might. Make herself durable enough to handle that power and then make herself as strong as him. Easy
No limit fallacy again.
Her not doing something doesn’t suggest she cant do something, if anything you’re asserting something you would need to prove.
You also mention a set possibility and just straight up say she cant do something, when none of that has been presented at all. Neither of us can assert any claim about the abilities so lets leave it here
A Hero doesn't kill a villain, it's especially the case in MHA, so why would she resort to such methods if according to you she can do whatever she pleases with her law manipulation. As a Hero wouldn't it be a better option to simply say "You are no longer evil", why would she go through great lengths to touch him in order to make his heart stop beating that's not very Hero-like (or have this silly who touches first competition in the first place).

What you are doing is literally the definition of no limit fallacy, just because we don't know the limit to what she can doesn't necessarily mean she can do everything, including making herself as strong as the strongest character in the verse.

Back