• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Shigaraki is told that if he moves a single inch, his heart will stop. In response, he thinks “I’m caught“, so it’s confirmed, his heart stopping will absolutely **** him up. There is no going around this. New weakness to add.

Isn't your heart being stopped kind of a general weakness for all characters?

I guess we could add that his regeneration wouldn't save him from it.

Some people were opposing me earlier that shutting down his organs without damaging him wouldn’t do anything and “isn’t a weakness”.

Well destroying his heart wouldn't kill him, because he can regenerate one like Hood did. But stopping it like Star did would probably kill him, since the brain needs the oxygen and he can't regenerate a dead brain. Since his heart stops beating via her rule, his regeneration wouldn't do anything against it.

I guess stopping his heart would work on killing him, I guess it can be noted on his profile that if you stop his heart from beating he'll die. Though I guess damaging it constantly so he can't ever heal it would work too, since his brain will eventually die as his heart isn't beating.

From the looks of it, Stars and Stripes just touched/grabbed the air around her and used her Quirk to turn part of the atmosphere into outer space which royally screwed over Tomura for a bit.

This is literally just The Visionary.

We’re gonna have to approach her quirk with a freaking scalpel and doctor precision because it’s only a matter of time before people start replying to matchups with her with: “Star touches the atmosphere and spawns a black hole where her opponent is and one shots. Mismatch.” She has limits, we just don’t know them yet.

Star could be the key to having Deku reach 100% without actually training but I really hope Horikoshi doesn’t go that route. Feels cheap and cheating.

We’re gonna have to approach her quirk with a freaking scalpel and doctor precision because it’s only a matter of time before people start replying to matchups with her with: “Star touches the atmosphere and spawns a black hole where her opponent is and one shots. Mismatch.” She has limits, we just don’t know them yet.
Clearly, since her Quirk granting herself super strength is still inferior to OFA. It can't do anything. I imagine we do need to be careful, though what she's shown already like causing the atmosphere to cease existing and stopping a person's heart is rather impressive.

Isn't your heart being stopped kind of a general weakness for all characters?

I guess we could add that his regeneration wouldn't save him from it.
Yeah because regeneration can't really do anything if the heart just stops.
Would it just be law manipulation? I do admit I'm not a expert on this stuff.
These abilities crosses over.
It's just a matter of which ability encapsulates her Quirk the most accurately.

Yeah. We just have to be specific with what we write on her profile. Such as: Limited Law Manipulation (Which so far grants her Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Air Manipulation, Light Manipulation, Biological Manipulation), etc. and we add on to it from there.

She has Law Manipulation (The basis of her Quirk -- she can freely impose unique rules upon targets for her own benefit), Reality Warping (These laws alter the very fabric of reality, allowing her to erase a hundred meters worth of atmosphere and essentially force Tomura into a quasi-death contract), and Power Modification and/or Statistics Amplification (She constantly imposes a rule upon herself that grants super strength), so far.

Also, maybe Existence Erasure? Or, just Space Manipulation.

Oh, and I had not noticed this before, but yeah, she both grabs and then names the atmosphere which allows her to erase part of it.

ohrightandthelaserswerecounteredthroughtheuseofareflectionandarefractionquirk

I think Existence Erasure should be fine? She did say the atmosphere ceased to exist.

Would holding the lasers be non-physical interaction or light manipulation? She is physically holding the lasers in her hand.

”Impact Recoil” also doesn’t completely reflect an attack. It also has a very distinct visual to it; it covers the affected area with a black energy.

The lasers punched right through Shigaraki, yet Star could catch one and hold it when it was refracted. Lightspeed Star confirmed?

The lasers melted right through Shigaraki yet Star could straight up tank one sent right back at her. How durable is she? She’s no joke. Either she caught it while it was travelling or it slammed into her and she touched it to give it a New Order.

The lasers melted right through Shigaraki yet Star could straight up tank one sent right back at her. How durable is she? She’s no joke. Either she caught it while it was travelling or it slammed into her and she touched it to give it a New Order.
Shiggy was also hit by at least six of them at once, and she was only hit by one of them.

Most likely New Order helped her or she’d be tougher than AFO 2.0 which is weird

Also, her quirk doesn’t work if she doesn’t know the targets name. That is a very heavy limitation, on top of the fact she needs to touch them to enact anything on them directly.

Also, does Shigaraki surviving in a vacuum mean anything or no
It makes a lot more sense in hindsight that she chose super strength as her constant buff over speed. Yeah her quirk is pretty limited I just hope we get more clarification on the name limit thing like what is a name in this context and also the limits to her alterations

Her strength is “incomparable to All Might’s” yet she could hit Shigaraki PRETTY hard and seems to take him completely by surprise? And make him bleed?? That’s interesting.
Prime AM is way stronger than Shigaraki. Also Deku absolutely folded Shigaraki at 100%. Physically, he’s not at Deku or AM’s level when they go all out, at least not without quirk assisting him.

This is near 100% Shigaraki getting hurt by that too, so like I thought, his actual physical strength probably hadn’t gone up much, but the merging with AFO has.

Also, her quirk doesn’t work if she doesn’t know the targets name. That is a very heavy limitation, on top of the fact she needs to touch them to enact anything on them directly.

It means nothing, since his eyes seem to pop from his boiling blood and couldn't breath. He was only in there for a few seconds at best, so his brain wasn't deprived of oxygen long enough to be fatal.

Considering what 100% did to Shigaraki, yeah she's weaker than All Might.

With his durability and Regen, it's kind of expected for him to be able to survive in space even if for a short while.

Now I'm wondering if we will ever get heroes in space in this series. Can Full Cowl 100% Deku survive flying through space.

I think her quirk works on whatever is commonly accepted to be her target’s name, regardless of language. Like the atmosphere, everyone calls it atmosphere in English, which she speaks, so it works on the atmosphere. Shigaraki accepts his name as Tomura Shigaraki, so the quirk works on him too. However, it’d still work if he says “I’m not Tomura, I’m Bob Shigaraki”, it’d still work because subconsciously he accepts himself as Tomura. However, the new being he’s turning into is neither Tomura Shigaraki or AFO Shigaraki, but a new personality entirely.

If Shigaraki can’t survive space, how could Deku? Lmao. Durability doesn’t exactly make you handle zero atmosphere better unless you’re, like, Dragon Ball. Even then Goku can’t survive in space long.

Impact Recoil has a specific tell, as shown here. All Might’s arm was wrapped in energy which I guess bounces all the force back at him, but doesn’t completely negate it, as Torino was hurt from it.

While it is indeed a good weakness, it isn't much in the MHA setting. Almost everyone's names, especially heroes', are well known. While villains' real names are also easily accessible, especially for someone like Stars I'd say.
It's the reason why we have AFO and Shigaraki turning into a new being stuff in the first place. So that Stars' quirk is ineffective against him.

It makes a lot more sense in hindsight that she chose super strength as her constant buff over speed. Yeah her quirk is pretty limited I just hope we get more clarification on the name limit thing like what is a name in this context and also the limits to her alterations
I'd also say in MHA super strength pretty much grants one superspeed & super leaping. Whether its OFA or the Nomus, or current Shigaraki, their speed is an application of their strength.

There's some media that try to separate speed and strength (cough cough MCU) as if someone really strong wouldn't be fast as hell (at least movement speed wise), but MHA doesn't do that unless your strength/power is restricted to a specific body part.

Back