• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Because this verse has a lot of consistent High hypersonic feats and one MHS from a High tier/God tier (not even MHS+). Consistency>Wank, so what would you prefer? also not every Verse has the fortune to reach Sub-realistic or Light speed, if that were so easy verses like Nanatsu, One punch man and other popular verses easily could've reached that, despite their characters dodging light-based abilities, lasers and other things.
OPM does tho

No but on a real talk I believe the Fuax feat should be revisited. After I re read the fight I realized that When Overhaul was screaming and running towards the edge of the building his flaps were flinging because he was running forward. The same flaps were shown frozen as the bullet traveled out and so was Overhaul, he was in the same moving position and its illogical to assume he was constantly moving and got back in the position as he was on the edge of the building screaming at the top of his lungs, him being frozen is also supported by the perception of the bullet, even viewing the rain drops as frozen objects. So the calc would be:
Speed of bullet= (distance bullet traveled x speed of overhaul0/.001m
Deku speed= (distance Deku traveled x speed of bullet)/ distance bullet traveled.
It would look something like this (assuming bullet traveled the same distance as Deku)
(83.21x2.5)/.001=208025 m/s is speed of bullet
(83.21x208025)/1.42=12189972 m/s sub rela
Ok re doing this.
Bullet speed is (83.21x5)/.013= 32003.84 m/s.
I switched it to 5 bc overhaul was running and thats the average running speed.

Deku speed= (83.21x32003.84)/1.42=1875379.9 sub rela

Because this verse has a lot of consistent High hypersonic feats and one MHS from a High tier/God tier (not even MHS+). Consistency>Wank, so what would you prefer? also not every Verse has the fortune to reach Sub-realistic or Light speed, if that were so easy verses like Nanatsu, One punch man and other popular verses easily could've reached that, despite their characters dodging light-based abilities, lasers and other things.
And you just ignored my entire post. Wow.

And can someone send me the thread where Deku’s attack was considered a shockwave? Because in the manga it’s consistently stated to be strong air pressures which is consistent with the nature of ofa

I mean, if characters can't dodge lightning, but suddenly are able to dodge sound-based attacks. doesn't it sound a massive outlier to you?
But then as they progress in the series they increase in physical abilities they gain knew capabilities and the standards for their speed and power raises

100% deku is comparable to Tomura’s durability and all might>> that tomura BOOM
100% Deku is not comparable to Shigaraki's durability considering how his punch treated Shigaraki's body. Shigaraki's durability is clearly weaker than 100%. If not for Regen, he would have been done for.

100% Deku is not comparable to Shigaraki's durability considering how his punch treated Shigaraki's body. Shigaraki's durability is clearly weaker than 100%. If not for Regen, he would have been done for.
It is comparable, as we can see the damage it has done. Nothing too major. The fact that his body could still operate properly after a single punch says a lot. Comparable doesnt mean on par, sure its weaker but it still scales up there. Hell he even took a 100% smash to the face AND SURVIVED despite being burnt up, beyond his limits, and severely beaten up. He survived and then blew everyone away and created a shockwave propelling himself several ways away.

How did it reach these tiers? Via lowballs. If calc stacking was allowed then verses would be a lot superior than they currently are, but to say something isn’t consistent when your methods are literally lowballs is just corny
Just relax....give it time...eventually they'll likely be undisputable feats like the Faux MHS. Just need to be patient

I will say that, even though I'm not in or anywhere near the FTL camp...the "outlier" argument can be applied to nearly every other feat. Naruto dodging Madara's light fang which was also stated to be FTL can also be considered an outlier for example.

I will say that, even though I'm not in or anywhere near the FTL camp...the "outlier" argument can be applied to nearly every other feat. Naruto dodging Madara's light fang which was also stated to be FTL can also be considered an outlier for example.
The outlier thread got debunked, also most characters are like Sub-realistic so your argument is basically a false- equivalence.

An outlier is a value that exists by itself among a series of much more consistent values.

For example, Plus Ultra tier characters (i.e., modern One For All users, All For One, Symbol of Evil Tomura, etc.) have consistently had Hypersonic+ to High Hypersonic+ feats, with Izuku having that nice Massively Hypersonic feat spliced in. A random FTL feat from a fodder would be disregarded, because there is nothing else to support it. The same goes for Plus Ultra tier characters.

"Natural progression" is not a valid counterargument. A jump from Massively Hypersonic -- which Izuku worked his off of to accomplish, combining the super strength of One For All, the momentum he built up with Black Whip, and the boatload of kinetic energy he generated prior with Fa Jin -- to FTL based off of a single feat is -- and, excuse my language -- ******* stupid.

Although, considering the route My Hero is going in, maybe FTL is a possibility.
Every day, we come closer and closer to My Hero becoming a supernatural battle manga.

The outlier thread got debunked, also most characters are like Sub-realistic so your argument is basically a false- equivalence.
Not sure what "thread" you're referring to but no, most characters aren't sub-relevistic and even then sub-relevaistic is 1-5% of light speed
Are you trying to argue that outliers don't exist?
They definitely do but people tend to be "selective" when it comes to determining what is and isn't an outlier.

An outlier is a value that exists by itself among a series of much more consistent values.

For example, Plus Ultra tier characters (i.e., modern One For All users, All For One, Symbol of Evil Tomura, etc.) have consistently had Hypersonic+ to High Hypersonic+ feats, with Izuku having that nice Massively Hypersonic feat spliced in. A random FTL feat from a fodder would be disregarded, because there is nothing else to support it. The same goes for Plus Ultra tier characters.

"Natural progression" is not a valid counterargument. A jump from Massively Hypersonic -- which Izuku worked his off of to accomplish, combining the super strength of One For All, the momentum he built up with Black Whip, and the boatload of kinetic energy he generated prior with Fa Jin -- to FTL based off of a single feat is -- and, excuse my language -- ******* stupid.

Although, considering the route My Hero is going in, maybe FTL is a possibility.
Every day, we come closer and closer to My Hero becoming a supernatural battle manga.
Tl:dr

Jumping from MHS to FTL based off a single feat is the literal opposite of "natural progression"

HHS to MHS would be natural progression. MHS to MHS+ ....maybe Sub Relavistic depending on the circumstance would be natural...

Back