• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

im still surprised some of the kids isnt in the top 10, they got better feats and quirks than most heros
Literally Deku rn is above most of the top 10 in stats if your referring to him using 45%
Only debatable one is Endeavor
Maybe also Hawks In the speed department
In 30% he’s probably just a rival for the Top 10 at most

Although basically every student is above the hundreds of fodder pros like so many pros in this verse are fodder
And Nejire based off current feats appears to be on the higher end of top 10 heroes too

im still surprised some of the kids isnt in the top 10, they got better feats and quirks than most heros
Yeah, but they do stress top 10 isn't not about power levels though many of the heroes in top 10 do seem sufficiently strong in one way or another. All the students need is more experience & to actually resolve several cases on their lonesome but for that they'd have to graduate first & set up their own hero offices.

Last edited:
Yeah, but they do stress top 10 isn't aoo about power levels though many of the heroes in top 10 do seem sufficiently strong in one way or another. All the students need is more experience & to actually resolve several cases on their lonesome but for that they'd have to graduate first & set up their own hero offices.
Yeah Kamui woods of all people is in the top 10

Yeah Kamui woods of all people is in the top 10
I don't think he's weak or anything. He might not have many feats, but in terms of capturing people, probably only Best Jeanist can match him. As for vs Dabi's fire, the dude is clearly made of wood so it's a pretty direct weakness.

I don't think he's weak or anything. He might not have many feats, but in terms of capturing people, probably only Best Jeanist can match him. As for vs Dabi's fire, the dude is clearly made of wood so it's a pretty direct weakness.
I mean unfortunately his best capturing feat is restraining the league although Dabi would’ve easily Busted out if it wasn’t for Torino(But hes wood cant Blame him)

And Dabi kinda shat on him with a single casual fire blast took him out for a while before he came back in later to help Mount Lady

Questions has anyone ever calced Edgeshot Blitzing those villains at the mansion idk part of me feels that feat can get really high into Hypersonic

I remember Bakugo made a giant Blast with his Guantlet against Mummy it could give a cap as to how high Bakugo can make his blasts for his ROF Key

Last edited:
MHA hasn't been able to project the difference between students and pros very well tbh. Although I hated Kamui Woods a lot, he did fairly well during this War than I expected, although it is something that I would want the average pro hero to be able to pull off.

MHA hasn't been able to project the difference between students and pros very well tbh. Although I hated Kamui Woods a lot, he did fairly well during this War than I expected, although it is something that I would want the average pro hero to be able to pull off.
It's more about experience than strength. The pussycats are a perfect example of this. 2 of them have non-conbat quirks: Search and Telepathy so they obviously aren't beating any student with a combat oriented quirk but they don't have to since being a hero isn't all about fights. There are many pros who do not have combat type quirks at all. I think Uwabami is also another one and she's pretty Hugh on the hero ranking in the top 20 yet her quirk is only good for searching for victims.

Tbh, Deku is likely the strongest student at U.A, even when factoring in Shoto or Bakugo. It makes sense as to why he's shown feats comparable to the Top 10. I also agree with the fact that some of the people in the Top 10 are in the Top 10 because of how versatile and effective their quirks are against villains, not because of how strong they are. Hawks is fast but I don't think he's as strong as someone like Jeanist or Bakugo.

Tbh, Deku is likely the strongest student at U.A, even when factoring in Shoto or Bakugo. It makes sense as to why he's shown feats comparable to the Top 10. I also agree with the fact that some of the people in the Top 10 are in the Top 10 because of how versatile and effective their quirks are against villains, not because of how strong they are. Hawks is fast but I don't think he's as strong as someone like Jeanist or Bakugo.
I’d say Hawks is stronger than Jeanist and Bakugo based on current feats rn Bakugo’s best feat is comparing to 30% while Hawks has been capable of pushing through Dabi’s Fire which could match geten who could fight mount lady who could hold off a casual Machia

Jeanists best feat is surviving the air canon and being able to react to an attack from Afo even Mount Lady couldn’t notice and proceeded to throw her so not that comparable

I still understand your point though

Nejire and Shouto might be comparable to 45% offense although they probably aren’t as durable or fast

Last edited:
I’d say Hawks is stronger than Jeanist and Bakugo based on current feats rn Bakugo’s best feat is comparing to 30% while Hawks has been capable of pushing through Dabi’s Fire which could match geten who could fight mount lady who could hold off a casual Machia

Jeanists best feat is surviving the air canon and being able to react to an attack from Afo even Mount Lady couldn’t notice and proceeded to throw her so not that comparable

Nejire and Shouto might be comparable to 45% offense although they probably aren’t as durable or fast
Shoto's AP should at least be higher than 45% with max power Flashfreeze Heatwave considering he used it to counter 100% palm from Deku during the school sports festival.

Shoto's AP should at least be higher than 45% with max power Flashfreeze Heatwave considering he used it to counter 100% palm from Deku during the school sports festival.
Yeah that did happen at the festival although Deku was weakened and his One for all has gotten stronger since them
Although I do consider flashfreeze heatwave to be an extremely impressive attack

Also is no one gonna mention how sports festival Shouto could fragment Cementoss’ 8-A walls with Flashfreeze Heatwave

There is also no indication showing Shoto are Nejire being comparable to 45%. It took both Todoroki and Nejire's strongest attacks to beat a significantly weakened Shigaraki.

Hawks only withstood one of Dabi's weaker fire blasts though. He shouldn't scale to him at full power. In fact, he nearly got one shot after being hit with some of his more powerful blasts.

There is also no indication showing Shoto are Nejire being comparable to 45%. It took both Todoroki and Nejire's strongest attacks to beat a significantly weakened Shigaraki.

Hawks only withstood one of Dabi's weaker fire blasts though. He shouldn't scale to him at full power. In fact, he nearly got one shot after being hit with some of his more powerful blasts.
Dabi actually withstood Two Strong blasts from Dabi and it was clear Dabi was going for the kill.
Especially when Dabi Stood on his face and Blasted Him that was likely Max fire power as Dabi was trying to finish him off quickly As shown with Dabi’s surprise that Hawks could push through if he wasn’t putting much into it he wouldn’t be surprised.
He also Pushes through his fire again to stab Twice so he actually is comparable to Dabi’s full Power

And Granted While Shigaraki was heavily Weakened them taking him out in a single combo attack is still in a similar order of magnitude as 45%
Especially since when characters like Torino Bakugo and Ryukyu came in(Granted he wasn’t weakened then) they couldn’t even Chip him

Last edited:
Dabi actually withstood Two Strong blasts from Dabi and it was clear Dabi was going for the kill.
Especially when Dabi Stood on his face and Blasted Him that was likely Max fire power as Dabi was trying to finish him off quickly As shown with Dabi’s surprise that Hawks could push through if he wasn’t putting much into it he wouldn’t be surprised.
He also Pushes through his fire again to stab Twice so he actually is comparable to Dabi’s full Power

And Granted While Shigaraki was heavily Weakened them taking him out in a single combo attack is still in a similar order of magnitude as 45%
Especially since when characters like Torino Bakugo and Ryukyu came in(Granted he wasn’t weakened then) they couldn’t even Chip him
It's pretty obvious that the attacks Dabi used were not comparable to the ones he used against Geten. And as an explanation as to why he was surprised: He's still strong even when not going all out, and he expected that to do him in. So of course he's surprised. That perfectly explains why he was surprised.

Keep in mind Shigaraki was way weaker then when Deku actually fought him. He literally couldn't move his body at that point. Which is why Shoto thought it was a good idea to attack him.

It's pretty obvious that the attacks Dabi used were not comparable to the ones he used against Geten. And as an explanation as to why he was surprised: He's still strong even when not going all out, and he expected that to do him in. So of course he's surprised. That perfectly explains why he was surprised.
Still remember AP is a thing so while the size wasn't near what he used on Geten the amount of force and the temperature was likely around the same
There’s also the fact that Hawks is the Number 2 Pro Hero and could potentially Blitz him if he could survive/dodge his initial attacks and Dabi had info on him before hand so him and even Waited for an Opening to surprise attack him

And yes while Dabi’s casual attacks he knows are still strong for him to go in with Prior intel thinking that a casual attack would be enough to One shot seems like Underestimation which Dabi doesn’t do.
His plans backfire constantly but he usually tries to plan/attack accordingly.
I don’t Blame him for thinking Hood would Kill Endeavor given the state Hood left him in and Endeavor needed Hawks’ support.

It seems more like Dabi to have had a better safe than sorry approach to fighting Hawks

Also it didn’t even seem like Dabi was really going absolute full power against Geten anyways although he was obviously trying though

Last edited:
You're gonna have to prove that when he pushed through Dabi's flames, he was at 100%, because clearly he wasn't proven by the fact of when Hawks got barbecued when he used stronger blasts.

You're gonna have to prove that when he pushed through Dabi's flames, he was at 100%, because clearly he wasn't proven by the fact of when Hawks got barbecued when he used stronger blasts.
True he did get charred by that later Blast that can be explained by Hawks already being injured Before hand by the previous attacks Plus even if you say the first 2 blasts he wasn’t full power idk what reason Dabi would have to not go all out after seeing Hawks withstand and push through his attacks so when he pushed through to stab Twice that’s valid it would be outright stupid for Dabi to not put a lot of effort.

And most of the damage Dabi did was when he stepped on his back.He Burning him over an extended Period of time which is a heat thing not the force of the flames and heat is considered Durability Negating on the Wiki.

Even if He wasn’t going all out with the initial Hits Hawks still survives Dabi’s blasts that are almost instantly frying Dabi himself immediately after doing this
While against Geten it seemed more like he was slowly starting to burn over the course of the fight(This is slightly headcanon but ofc most of the fight was off screen)
Also Dabi’s first Blast does more damage to Hawks Feathers than the Blast you said almost One shotted Hawks.

We could try to find middle ground here and say while Hawks isn’t as powerful as a All out Dabi he’s somewhere comparable to the flames when dabi is trying

Last edited:
Even if we assume he did use his full power in the last attack, Hawks wouldn't scale because he almost got one shot by it. Keep in mind his feathers came off after this attack. The point is, Dabi was definitely not using full power before this attack, because this attack was way stronger then anything before.

The only reason Dabi's attacks started to burn himself was because he used his quirk to much. He doesn't have to be a max power to suffer side-effects from his quirk, it can be a stamina issue, or it can be due to how hot his flames are, which don't correlate to AP in this scenario.

Even if we assume he did use his full power in the last attack, Hawks wouldn't scale because he almost got one shot by it. Keep in mind his feathers came off after this attack. The point is, Dabi was definitely not using full power before this attack, because this attack was way stronger then anything before.

The only reason Dabi's attacks started to burn himself was because he used his quirk to much. He doesn't have to be a max power to suffer side-effects from his quirk, it can be a stamina issue, or it can be due to how hot his flames are, which don't correlate to AP in this scenario.
Ok I understand your basically saying He’s not as strong as Dabi’s Max Power but ofc Dabi can’t casually fodderize Hawks without Effort/with casual attacks either
Him Being Conscious after that attack is still a feat even if barely

Although on that point that you made about Dabi’s Flames while what you said is true what happened against Hawks was an indicator he used too much power since he wasn’t steaming before those attacks and even then he was steaming far more than he ever did back in MVA granted the Heat is doing this but my point still stands

If he was barely conscious after the attack, I don't he should scale to someone who could dish at 8-A attacks on the regular.

If he was barely conscious after the attack, I don't he should scale to someone who could dish at 8-A attacks on the regular.
Actually Rn people are arguing over whether Dabi should be 7-C due to him being confirmed as Touya and Endeavors statement of Touya’s flames being superior and implying they had more potential for Offense
Along with the fact endeavors jet burn was stalemated by a standard Fire attack from Dabi So this kinda just backs up the statement

Last edited:
I disagree with that. While yes, he's Endeavor's son and has the same quirk, there has never been a 7-C feat for him, and Endeavor probably wasn't going all out against Dabi when using his Jet Burn.

I disagree with that. While yes, he's Endeavor's son and has the same quirk, there has never been a 7-C feat for him, and Endeavor probably wasn't going all out against Dabi when using his Jet Burn.
I’m kinda Neutral on it myself it feels like there are as many justifications for it as there aren’t so I think a likely or a possibly 7-C is better than him flat out getting 7-C

We don't have to give him a solid 7-C rating. We could just say he's "likely higher" due to having high potential as a kid.
I feel he should also get a At Least for his 8-A via that potential
And I don’t think that this could cause any major changes aside from Geten also becoming an At least 8-A
So maybe Dabi’s Ap could be At Least 8-A Possibly 7-C

Last edited:
I think he should either have, "Likely Higher" or "Possibly 7-C".
Yeah that’s very fair which ever one gets picked we gotta see for everyone’s opinions

Although for all we know in the next couple chapters Dabi could get feats that solidly place him there or that clarify that he should only get a likely higher
So partially we just have to wait a little

Back