• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Acadamia: 8-A for One vs Outlier for All (HD, 1080p, English Dub)

Okay. I don't want to really get into a big argument about it...

The only time in the series that could possibly be argued that Todoroki is using 8-A levels of power for his fire-side is during his clash with Izuku in the Sports Fest but I'm sceptical about it. That's all.

Damage3245 said:
Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
The Gauntlet doesn't give him a boost in power, all it does is take away the drawbacks of using one for all, allowing deku to use his max without any strain.
My scepticism towards the feat comes from the fact that it is essentially Anime-Only and those kind of feats tend to be exaggerated in the anime. Izuku's 100% in the manga at this point has not demonstrated that level of power.
The same goes for scaling Todoroki's fire to this; he hasn't demonstrated close to this level of power with his fire side.

And the clash between them at the Sports Festival wasn't really a clash between Deku's 100% punch and Todoroki's fire blast, it was the explosion of superheated air between them (likely mixed with the air blast from Deku's punch) that destroyed the concrete walls and sent the two of them flying back (and in Deku's case, flying outside of the ring).
Of course, it's the anime/canon-movie, you're bound to get some over-the-top flashy feats in them. One for All 100% or One for All - Full Cowling 100%? Because those are too different things.

He barely used it up till this point, so you can't really judge it based on that.

Not sure what you're getting at here. Deku generated a blast of air to counter-attack todoroki's fire blast. He still gets half of whatever value the feat in question is because he generated it using his own power.

I'm pretty sure the feat in question was not calced to be close to 8-A.

And regarding judging Todoroki's fire side, if it has barely been used why would we scale it up to 8-A? It has no impressive feats on that level, and we'd be scaling it to even higher than Endeavor's AP which is silly.

Damage3245 said:
And regarding judging Todoroki's fire side, if it has barely been used why would we scale it up to 8-A? It has no impressive feats on that level, and we'd be scaling it to even higher than Endeavor's AP which is silly.
I've haven't seen a calc for that so i can't say anything on that.

I just saying that we can't right off he's fire being that strong because he barely used it. I'm not saying which should scale him to his father at all.

I didn't say you were scaling him to his father. I'm saying that scaling his fire side to being 8-A would be making him a whole tier above his father in power.

Well, from your wording it sounded like you were stating it in response to me. But this conversation seems to be over now so we'll just drop it.

Damage3245 said:
On a not-so-side not, I'm the only one that wonders why top high rank top heroes doesn't scale from Best Jeanist surviving AFO's casual blast at Low 7-C? I know ranks don't equal power, it's abiut heroism, but to an extent it also implies strength, and the likes of Endeavor and Edgeshot could scale IMO

I mean, maybe as a "possibly", I'm willing to bet that Best Jeanist surviving is mostly "Authors don't do math"+PIS. Or just straight up All For One airblasting him was more casual then him airblasting All Might. After all, it Didn't cause nearly the level of destruction, and it almost killed all those pro heroes if not for a quick move on Jeanist's part, which All For One himself complemented.

Also, considering that SHOOOOUUUUTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOO was specifically bred to surpass his father due to having a way to negate the downside of his fire, saying he's a bit higher isn't that crazy. I mean, he only refused to use his left side in the tourney infront of his father, it's not like he didn't at least occasionally practice. Though, he did state that he can't control his fire well.

@DMUA But Best Jeanist survived the same air blast that was calculated at Low 7-C.

Pretty sure that All Might was the one who tanked that airblast.

Maybe I misremember, I'd have to look back.

That one is different, the one All For One used to defeat the Pro Heroes and Best Jeanist was calculated at Low 7-C, Best Jeanist pushed everyone out of the attack, so he is the only one who took the full blast.

Ah okay.

Rewatched it, yeah, that big cone had Jeanist in the center. Should be fine scaling his dura to Low 7-C, and whatever can damage him.

I'm tempted to say that's an outlier on Jeanist's part.

Can't really get into it now as it is very late over here.

At the very least nobody else should scale from it.

Best Jeanist and the others weren't hit directly by the blast, but surviving it still might be worth an upgrade. Then again, it only took a tiny blast in comparsion to take him down.

The tiny blast was still Low 7-C though.

Well AFO DID say that Best Jeanist was extremely experienced with his quirk and that he's surprised that Jeanist is alive(?). Jeanist was basically near-death by that attack so his regular durability shouldn't scale, but he can at least SURVIVE attacks like that.

@DMUA Yeah, All For One can control the size of his air blasts.

I'm not sure why the feat would be an outlier, Best Jeanist is one of the best heroes in Japan, he should be very strong.

@Akreious Jeanist was able to attack All For One with his Quirk even after that air blast, he was injured yes, but not near-death, All For One attacked him again but he still survived.

Steve Rogers1 said:
Best Jeanist and the others weren't hit directly by the blast, but surviving it still might be worth an upgrade. Then again, it only took a tiny blast in comparsion to take him down.
Best Jeanist took the full blast because he moved the others to evade taking the full attack, but they still damaged

Even AFO said "I expected no less from the 4th hero" iirc

And it would just scale to him, Edgeshot and Endeavor (Maybe something like Low 7-C physically, 7-C with fire/resistance to it)

Hawks and others should Likely scale to Snatch and Gran Torino at "At least High i-C, possibly 8-B"

Again... scaling completely random characters in the series to each other is something I've fought against ever since I've gotten involved with MHA on this site.

Let's not go back to days of lax standards, please?

I don't see the "random" part....

Top pro heroes are also known for being much stronger than other pros

And Endeavor and Edgeshot fought vs a casual AFO. Also, Endeavor is consider the only that ever tried to come close to All Might, at least Implying that he could be close, if not stronger than the heroes like Best Jeanist. Or simply because he is on a higher rank

I'll have to respond to this tomorrow if you don't mind waiting.

That attack was really low end low 7-C right? So should Jeanist's durability be high end 8-A instead of an outright Low 7-C?

Andytrenom said:
That attack was really low end low 7-C right? So should Jeanist's durability be high end 8-A instead of an outright Low 7-C?
He survived so Low 7-C

The injuries that still affecting him currently are from AFO's attacks after the blast

It's definitely not a blow he can keep fighting on after, though.

His dura should be listed as 8-A+

Surviving a blow doesn't mean you're as strong as it, especially since Jeanist was still heavility damaged

8A+ seems good

8-A+ surviving Low 7-C blast?

Check several a profiles and you'll see how it's handle. It scales directly as the peak of his durability, clarify that survived but with serious injuries

DMUA said:
It's definitely not a blow he can keep fighting on after, though.
His dura should be listed as 8-A+
He got blitzed and grievously injured by AFO after that

But he was going to keep fighting

He was on the ground bleeding, made a move to use his quirk and got a blast to the abs.

For what it is worth, I believe that the finishing blow that All For One dealt to Best Jeanist wasn't through the previous Quirk combination that got the Low 7-C calc result. I'd require a much longer post with scans though to prove it so I'll leave that point aside.

What All For One said to Best Jeanist is that he was congratulating Best Jeanist on being able to pull all of the other heroes out of the way, not congratulating him on surviving the attack.

Anyway, I could accept Best Jeanist's durability being rated as 8-A+ but it would take more than just hero rankings for me to believe this scales to any other character.

Damage3245 said:
Anyway, I could accept Best Jeanist's durability being rated as 8-A+ but it would take more than just hero rankings for me to believe this scales to any other character.
Fair enough.

Since Hawks was brought up earlier, I'd like to take the chance to suggest that we remove the 'possibly City Block level' qualifier from his ratings.

Having him as 'At least Large Building level' is already enough for his ratings based on his showings so far in the manga.

He only took a minor, glancing hit from High-End and saying 'Should be able to take attacks from Dabi.' sounds more like speculation than a concrete jusitifcation.

Hawks himself admitted he wasn't a strong fighter right? (In the conventional sense at least)

Are we forgetting that Hawks' feathers pierced through High-End's arm? I think "At least High 8-C+" should be fine.

... I just noticed Best Jeanist doesn't even have a profile to scale to that blast

Also, can Best Jeanist do battle with people who can harm him, or has he not had enough screentime to tell?

Back