• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Acadamia: 8-A for One vs Outlier for All (HD, 1080p, English Dub)

DMUA

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Okay, so, this has kinda bugged me for awhile

Why is SHOOOOOOUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOO sorry I had to scaled to his 8-A feat that's an outlier for everyone else?

Let's look at the feat here

blamo

This is a calc from Sero getting instantly frozen by a mildly peeved Todoroki. It wasn't entirely casual, he did state "oh yeah I kinda went overboard huh mah bad", but it's kinda more an accident then what I would describe as "ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM OUTPUT" as his profile states.

Now, what I would describe as Absolute Maximum Output is using all of your Quirk, going "you asked for this boi", causing Cementoss and Midnight to simultaneously go "you know what I think that's enough", them trying and intervene but inevitably failing as the walls and sleep gas inevitably get blown away as Shouto and Deku deliver the greatest High Five in the history of television you will never unsee that, blasting wind and fragments from said walls all over the arena.

Now, of course, Deku did lose, but the fact that he you know

didn't die like Midnight said should probably mean, at the very least, his dura ain't over 100x weaker then what Todoroki can do.

Or, you can consider everything I said and make the conclusion that the actual scene of Todoroki going all out being .9 tons and the scene of Todoroki being slightly peeved at his old man getting over 400 Tons probably means that there's something a bit off.

IE: 8-A should probably be an outlier for SHOOOOOUUUUUUTTTTTTOOOOOO That joke never gets old then rather just every other character around him.

Doesn't he have his forest freezing feat? Could that yield something in the 8-A range?

Probably, yes.

However, that, again, isn't his "Absolute Maximum Output" as he created that one without even frosting up.

That "absolute maximum" always seemed unnecessary to me. It's just his strongest attack and one he can use fairly reliably.

I honestly don't see why this is an outlier when his Great Ice Wall is an attack he can reliably use.

Yeah.

Though, this does bring up the question if Deku should be scaled to casual Todoroki Ice or not

actually out loud that still sounds dumb all things considered, considering he decisively lost here and never got the chance to match up to Todoroki again. And when he was winning, Todioroki wasn't feeling the Backlash of his quirk like he did when he OHKOd Sero. Not to mention that Bakugo also can't really scale because Shouto wasn't exactly getting the backlash of his quirk there either.

I am just gonna ask Therefir to calculate the forest feat. Let's hope it doesn't give tier 7 results.

Reppuzan said:
I honestly don't see why this is an outlier when his Great Ice Wall is an attack he can reliably use.
It wasn't reliable in the Sports event, you can see he kinda overloaded his right side, as it was covered in frost and his breath was visible.

At the very least, labelling it as "Maximum output" is a bit misleading, as actual maximum output, him blasting with both his sides, making another gigantic Ice wall and completely countering the backlash as he gave Midoriya the High five which... was only .9 Tons.

I'll be real with you, I've slightly lost where I was going with this.

But, again, his Left side being over 400 times weaker then his right, when it was able to completely counteract the effects over over using it, doesn't.make that much sense.

So

Izuku is getting his own 8-A feat right? So I guess they will end up being comparable anyway.

>8-A Deku

WHERE BOI

Also, that kinda makes sense. Considering Deku is the user of like, the most powerful Quirk ever, he should probably be on the same level as someone also extremely potent like Todoroki.

Of course until this point that was just speculation.

DMUA said:
>8-A Deku

WHERE BOI

Also, that kinda makes sense. Considering Deku is the user of like, the most powerful Quirk ever, he should probably be on the same level as someone also extremely potent like Todoroki.

Of course until this point that was just speculation.
He actually has legitimate reasons for scaling to All Might. But of course that's never going to happen.

Well

That's pretty consistent then

Wew, alright, from Downgrade to upgrade.

He was pretty injured when he clashed with Todoroki and we know that Izuku's power reduces with his injuries (he said so after the muscular fight) so maybe Shouto shouldn't scale to it fully.

He does scale to himself though, so.

Alright... Bakugo shouldn't scale though, since he's never really clashed with the full power of either SHOOOOUUUUTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOO or Deku.

DMUA said:
He does scale to himself though, so.

Alright... Bakugo shouldn't scale though, since he's never really clashed with the full power of either SHOOOOUUUUTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOO or Deku.
No one thinks Bakugou should scale.

I'm just saying for future reference

DMUA said:
At the very least, labelling it as "Maximum output" is a bit misleading, as actual maximum output, him blasting with both his sides, making another gigantic Ice wall and completely countering the backlash as he gave Midoriya the High five which... was only .9 Tons.
To be fair

The calc is anime version... For some reason

It's entirely possible Horikoshi isn't aware of the amount of energy required to create a huge structure of ice out of nothing.

So while a student being 8-A would seem odd in a verse where the majority of fighters are 8-C, the simple answer is no one directly scales to it and it is Todoroki's current maximum output with his Ice side.

Since he has been using his Fire side a lot less frequently than his Ice side, it can be simply explained that he isn't used to his Fire side and it wasn't as powerful as his Ice side has been.

@Damage

I mean, you can make that argument for 90% of fiction. Authors are rarely aware of the energy output of a character's particular feats. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for his fire side to be weaker than his ice side when his fire side is explicitly meant to cancel it out.

I wasn't arguing against the rating, I was explaining why it might be odd for such why a student would already be one of the most powerful characters in the series based off of pure destructive ability.

Doesn't Deku have a support item during the movie that helps him do that feat?

I've always found it very strange that we don't scale Todoroki's maximum fire from his maximum ice.

@Steve Rogers1 With this logic we couldn't use any feat that comes from a movie.

We have two options, the first option is that if we scale Todoroki's maximum fire from his maximum ice, then Izuku's feat is stupidly consistent, the second option is that the support item on Izuku's arm is increasing his power.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
The Gauntlet doesn't give him a boost in power, all it does is take away the drawbacks of using one for all, allowing deku to use his max without any strain.
My scepticism towards the feat comes from the fact that it is essentially Anime-Only and those kind of feats tend to be exaggerated in the anime. Izuku's 100% in the manga at this point has not demonstrated that level of power.

The same goes for scaling Todoroki's fire to this; he hasn't demonstrated close to this level of power with his fire side.

And the clash between them at the Sports Festival wasn't really a clash between Deku's 100% punch and Todoroki's fire blast, it was the explosion of superheated air between them (likely mixed with the air blast from Deku's punch) that destroyed the concrete walls and sent the two of them flying back (and in Deku's case, flying outside of the ring).

You... disagree with me that Todoroki hasn't display 8-A levels of power with his fire side in the series so far?

Back