• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mushoku Tensei Discussion Thread

Also, what is the ap of saint-ranked swordsmen of the three sword styles? And should the ap of a swordsman's sword and the ap of a mage's magic equal each other if both are at the same rank/level?

Like example, saint rank magic and saint rank sword slash from a swordsman has equal attack power just because they're both saint rank..
Yeah from advanced-tier where aura is used.

Also, what is the ap of saint-ranked swordsmen of the three sword styles? And should the ap of a swordsman's sword and the ap of a mage's magic equal each other if both are at the same rank/level?

Like example, saint rank magic and saint rank sword slash from a swordsman has equal attack power just because they're both saint rank..
I recently put the powerscaling of the characters with the AP calculation updated to volume 12

Here are some feats and info from first part of volume 13 of Mushoku Tensei:

Chapter 1:

.- The zariff arm is stronger than a normal arm
.- The more mana is applied, the more force the zariff arm generates

Chapter 5:

.- Hydra stones can destroy magic produced by magic circles while distortion magic cannot.

Chapter 6:

.- Roxy can only use the king level spell lightning once a day
.- Once the lightning spell is cast, the storm that summons it disappears.
.- Roxy after the spell loses a lot of mana to the point of almost falling
.- Roxy, even with the staff, can only use the spell once a day
.- Rudeus learns the king level spell easily
.- Silphy learns the saint spell on her 2nd attempt
.- After two saint spell and a one try of king spell, Silphy was exhausted of mana.
.- Silphy failed to cast the king lightning spell
.- Roxy fails the spell one in five times by now
.- Silphy has more mana than Roxy and Roxy is already above average
.- Lightning is the most powerful spell that Rudeus has seen so far
.- Lightning superior to Rudeus' stone cannon
.- Rudeus invents a lower power version of lightning, called electricity

can someone list some hax in the verse, like acausality type 4 and others? This is the first time I've heard of this verse having those kinds of abilities, and I would appreciate an explanation of why they have them..

I thought the verse only had abilities like time manipulation (I know there are more but afaik, this kind of ability is the most notable one) and was more focused on raw power

Last edited:
can someone list some hax in the verse, like acausality type 4 and others? This is the first time I've heard of this verse having those kinds of abilities, and I would appreciate an explanation of why they have them..

I thought the verse only had abilities like time manipulation (I know there are more but afaik, this kind of ability is the most notable one) and was more focused on raw power
Acausality is specific to Orsted. Once his profile is completed you will know the justification. The added abilities will be fully justified. It must be said that @Zabazab is very specific on this.

Here are some feats and info from second part of volume 13 of Mushoku Tensei:

Chapter 11:

.- University graduates know how to do combined magic
.- Linia and Pursena graduate from university
.- Linia and Pursena far superior to all their suitors
.- Linia a little faster than Pursena
.- Pursena a little stronger than Linia
.- Linia and Pursena have no real time to use spells in hand-to-hand combat
.- Pursena narrowly defeats Linia

Extra Chapter:

.- Reida is the god water
.- Isolte is a water king
.- Nina is faster than Eris
.- Eris is stronger than Nina
.- Gal Farion superior to Reida
.- Eris comparable in speed and power to Ghislaine
.- Nina a bit slower than Eris against Isolte
.- Eris a lot more stronger than Nina against Isolte
.- Isolte wins against Eris but loses against Nina
.- Eris equal to Isolte after a year of training

Last edited:
Reida (and respectively Orsted) can react to the movement of mana, is this enough for Extrasensory Perception?
"Next it was my turn. I was just trying to direct magical energy into the ring on my finger and the next moment I suddenly lost my hand. Well, not my own, but an artificial one. My real hand remained safe and sound. And yet, looking at this stump the hand suddenly disappeared, I couldn’t help but shudder.”

Well people, I proceed to update the scale with the data from volume 13.

TIER LIST

Orsted FP = Universal/Planet
Orsted = Dragon God
Technique God
Fighting God
Laplace = Demon God
Death God
Gald Farion = Sword God
Kalman II = North God

God Level = Reida

Rudeus Teenager Aqua Hartia Water (x5) > 2,3 TER TNT

Imperial Level = Rudeus Teenager Aqua Hartia Earth & Wind (x3) = Ruijerd = Auber > 1,38 TER TNT

Rudeus Teenager Aqua Hartia Fire (x2) > 920 GIG TNT
Hydra
Roxy Staff Water King (x2)

King Level = Isolte = Rudeus Teenager Magic = Badigadi = Almanfi = Ghislaine > 460 GIG TNT

Roxy King > 230 GIG TNT
Roxy Staff Fire King (x0,5) > 115 GIG TNT
Rudeus Aqua Hartia Water (x5) > 115 GIG TNT
Rudeus Aqua Hartia Earth & Wind (x3) > 69 GIG TNT
Fitts Magic (>1/7 Rudeus Teenager Magic) > 65 GIG TNT
Rudeus Aqua Hartia Fire (x2) > 46 GIG TNT
Rudeus Magic
Jinas Halfas Magic = Nina
Paul LN12

Saint = Gino = Roxy Staff Water (x2) = Gallus Cleaner = Klein Dinoltas = 23 GIG TNT
The calc for the 23 GIG TNT: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Kepekley23/Mushoku_Tensei:_Rudeus_makes_a_storm

Eris LN6 = ~20 GIG TNT -> Close to Saint
Roxy Magic = 11,5 GIG TNT
Roxy Staff Fire (x0,5) = 5,75 GIG TNT
Class A Monster
Cliff Magic
Paul
7º Year Student Magic

Gyes >= Advanced Level = Eris = Soldat = Conrad Magic = Silphiette Magic = Strong Bandit = Linia Magic = Pursena Magic = Leno Magic = 5º Year Student Magic

Class B Monster = Elinalise
Class C Monster
Class D Monster
Rudeus Teenager
Luke = Linia = Pursena
3º Year Student Magic
Pope´s Assassin

Intermediate Level = Timothy Magic = Roxy Child Magic = Ginger = Therese = Rudeus LN6 = Regular Swordsman

Rudeus -> Close to Intermediate
Eris Magic

Beginner Level = Elinalise Magic = Ghislaine Magic = Patrice Magic = Aisha Magic

Nokopara
Geese = Mimir = Timothy
Zenith = Lilia = Jinas Halfas
Pax > Fitts = Nanahoshi
Roxy
Class E Monster
Cliff
Kishirika
Ashia = Norn
Silphiette
Roxy Child

No Level

The changes:

.- Rudeus Teenager is move to be stronger than Luke (Volumen 10)
.- Incorpore Full Power Orsted as Universal/Planet (Volumen 6): Delcaration of Hitogami said he can destroy the world
.- Incorpore Hydra as a little above King (Volumen 12)
.- Solidified Roxy Staff Water King (x2) as a king and not without staff
.- Roxy Staff Water King (x2) is moved to be stronger than Rudeus Teenager Magic
.- Insorpore Reida as God
.- Incorpore Isolte as King

I will waiting to volumen 15 to create new keys for Eris, Nina and Gino, but the current Eris and Nina are comparable to Isolte and Ghislaine

Previous Doubts:

.- I don't know where the following characters will be: Bloody Kant, Blaze, Dale, Leno, Gadalf Rangid, Talhand, Zanoba, Shierria, Vierra and Class S- Monster, Sara, Suzanne, Patrice, Ogre God, Elmore, Kleene, Nights Eyes Crow, Goliade and Conrad

Last edited:
He has Acausality Type 4 because, as a result of the technique his father applied to him in order to hide him from Hitogami, Orsted is a being that exists separately from the logic of the world. His present and future are completely obscured from Hitogami's ability to see all living beings, their future and their fates.

Well people, I proceed to update the scale with the data from volume 13.

TIER LIST

Orsted = Dragon God
Technique God
Fighting God
Laplace = Demon God
Death God
Gald Farion = Sword God
Kalman II = North God

God Level = Reida

Imperial Level = Rudeus Teenager Aqua Hartia Earth & Wind (x3) = Ruijerd = Auber > 1,38 TER TNT

Hydra

King Level = Isolte = Rudeus Teenager Magic = Badigadi = Almanfi = Ghislaine > 460 GIG TNT

Roxy King > 230 GIG TNT
Rudeus Magic
Paul LN12

Saint = Gino = Roxy Staff Water (x2) = Gallus Cleaner = Klein Dinoltas = 23 GIG TNT
The calc for the 23 GIG TNT: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Kepekley23/Mushoku_Tensei:_Rudeus_makes_a_storm

Class A Monster
Cliff Magic
Paul
7º Year Student Magic

Gyes >= Advanced Level = Eris = Soldat = Conrad Magic = Silphiette Magic = Strong Bandit = Linia Magic = Pursena Magic = Leno Magic = 5º Year Student Magic

Class C Monster
Class D Monster
Luke = Linia = Pursena
3º Year Student Magic
Pope´s Assassin

Intermediate Level = Timothy Magic = Roxy Child Magic = Ginger = Therese = Rudeus Teenager = Rudeus LN6 = Regular Swordsman

Eris Magic

Beginner Level = Elinalise Magic = Ghislaine Magic = Patrice Magic = Aisha Magic

Nokopara
Geese = Mimir = Timothy
Pax > Fitts = Nanahoshi
Roxy
Class E Monster
Cliff
Kishirika
Ashia = Norn
Silphiette
Roxy Child

No Level

The changes:

.- Incorpore Full Power Orsted as Universal/Planet (Volumen 6): Delcaration of Hitogami said he can destroy the world
.- Incorpore Hydra as a little above King (Volumen 12)
.- Solidified Roxy Staff Water King (x2) as a king and not without staff
.- Roxy Staff Water King (x2) is moved to be stronger than Rudeus Teenager Magic
.- Insorpore Reida as God
.- Incorpore Isolte as King

I will waiting to volumen 15 to create new keys for Eris, Nina and Gino, but the current Eris and Nina are comparable to Isolte and Ghislaine

Previous Doubts:

.- I don't know where the following characters will be: Bloody Kant, Blaze, Dale, Leno, Gadalf Rangid, Talhand, Zanoba, Shierria, Vierra and Class S- Monster, Sara, Suzanne, Patrice, Ogre God, Elmore, Kleene, Nights Eyes Crow, Goliade and Conrad
Good enough.

Reida (and respectively Orsted) can react to the movement of mana, is this enough for Extrasensory Perception?
"Next it was my turn. I was just trying to direct magical energy into the ring on my finger and the next moment I suddenly lost my hand. Well, not my own, but an artificial one. My real hand remained safe and sound. And yet, looking at this stump the hand suddenly disappeared, I couldn’t help but shudder.”
Yeah I think.

He has Acausality Type 4 because, as a result of the technique his father applied to him in order to hide him from Hitogami, Orsted is a being that exists separately from the logic of the world. His present and future are completely obscured from Hitogami's ability to see all living beings, their future and their fates.
can I get scans that show it acts like one or statements? Because this looks interesting. I mean, I know Hitogami can't see Orsted's future, I just didn't think it would be that kind of ability. Also, what about Rudeus's precog being able to somewhat still see him?

also, what about the magical beast Leo? iirc, the dog is able to protect someone's fate. Is this some sort of actual ability from the dog?

Last edited:
can I get scans that show it acts like one or statements? Because this looks interesting. I mean, I know Hitogami can't see Orsted's future, I just didn't think it would be that kind of ability. Also, what about Rudeus's precog being able to somewhat still see him?
“The Man-God possesses great knowledge of the future, and his eyes see far. But they are blind to those outside the world’s jurisdiction.”

Interesting. I had no idea what it meant to be “outside the world’s jurisdiction,” but being totally invisible to the Man-God sounded very enticing indeed.
“Yes. Do you recall when I explained the secret art created by the first Dragon God? I told you that it enabled me to see the flow of destiny, and exempted me from the laws of this world.”

“I remember.” He’d described it as a power that let him see the general path of someone’s future.

“Half of that explanation was a lie. I can see nothing whatsoever of what lies ahead.”

…Hmm. Okay.

“So that means you really are exempt from the laws of this world, right?”

“Indeed. But let me ask you this, Rudeus Greyrat —what do you think that means, precisely?”
“Yes. My mana regenerates very slowly, and in exchange, I am immune to the Man-God’s meddling. Don’t you find this odd, however? Why would the first Dragon God have created an art that puts its user at such an enormous disadvantage?”

I mean, maybe that was the only way to hide him from the Man-God? The trade-off might be worth it… Wait…no, that doesn’t make much sense. The Man-God can’t see me when I’m wearing Orsted’s bracelet, and my mana regenerates just fine.

“Allow me to explain,” Orsted continued. “This secret art was created to guarantee victory against the Man-God.”

I blinked.

“In exchange for crippling the user’s rate of mana regeneration, it allows them to redo this war from the start with their memories intact. No matter how or when they die.”

The Demon Eye of Foresight presumably just operates under different principles from Hitogami.

also, what about the magical beast Leo? iirc, the dog is able to protect someone's fate. Is this some sort of actual ability from the dog?
It applies to anybody with strong Fate, such as Leo, Rudeus, Lara, or Orsted.

“It’s nothing too complex. You need only summon a guardian beast with a strong destiny and order to it to keep them safe.”

“I see. Unfortunately, I don’t know how to use Summoning magic yet.”

“Very well. I’ll draw the magic circle. You can just channel the mana through it.”

“Oh. That works, then. Sorry for the bother.”

Hmm. A guardian beast with a strong destiny, huh? In other words, we’d have a guard dog protected by the laws of causality…
“He used you to change the course of history,” said Orsted.

“History, you say?”

“Yes. Ordinarily, the hand of fate is so strong that certain things should be immutable, but he found a way to circumvent that, using you.”

“Because my own fate is so strong?”

“Precisely.”

Wow. So my destiny is so powerful it can change the course of history?

“But, Sir Orsted, surely you could do the same thing if you wanted to?”

“I could.” He nodded, slapping the top of the journal. “But I fail to see his goal in altering history this much.”

Here are some feats and info from first part of volume 14 of Mushoku Tensei:

Chapter 1:

.- Arumanfi moves at the speed of light

Chapter 2:

.- Arumanfi on par with Ghislaine in power
.- Possibly all of Peragius's servants at the level of a sword king
.- Rudeus with mana comparable to Laplace
.- Perugius with lower mana than Rudeus

Here are some feats and information from the second part of Mushoku Tensei volume 14:

Chapter 6:

.- Atofe is a demon king

Chapter 7:

.- Zanoba capable of physically stopping Atofe
.- Atofe's blows do not affect Zanoba
.- Atofe needs to cut off her arm to get rid of Zanoba
.- Zanoba's blows hurt Atofe
.- Atofe has only lost twice in 5000 years, against Kalman I and against Laplace
.- Atofe as tough as Badigadi but a better fighter
.- Atofe can fly

Chapter 8:

.- A full punch from Zanoba breaks Atofe's skull
.- The electricity movement is also king level
.- Atofe capable of deflecting Rudeus' stone cannon
.- Rudeus' stone cannon doesn't hurt Zanoba
.- Atofe's blows do a lot of damage to Zanoba
.- Elinalise unable to overcome Atofe's aura and does not do any damage to him
.- Elinalise able to react to Atofe's attacks
.- Moore can recite spells very quickly, comparable to Roxy

Chapter 9:

.- Cliff obtains the demonic eye of identification

Chapter 10:

.- Electric magic ignores battle aura

Extra Chapter:

.- Eris is officially a sword king and master of style
.- If Eris defeated Ghislaine she would be emperor

With this I think it is clear that Zanoba is King level in AP and also in durability. However, you would have to separate his durability according to whether he is magical or physical. Since against magical attacks he has shown to be vulnerable and that intermediate magic can defeat him.

"Atofe's blows does not affect Zanoba"
"Atofe's blows do a lot of damage to Zanoba"

what does this mean? and about Cliff's demon eye, can it identify something in cross-verse?

"Atofe's blows does not affect Zanoba"
"Atofe's blows do a lot of damage to Zanoba"

what does this mean? and about Cliff's demon eye, can it identify something in cross-verse?
The first confrontation they had, Zanoba grabbed her arm and Atofe tried to get rid of him by hitting him and it did nothing, to the point that to free himself she had to cut off her arm.

In the second confrontation Rudeus emphasizes how a blow from Atofe made Zanoba kneel while the stone cannon's magic does not do that damage to Zanoba. Which i only interpreted in two ways:

1º In the second confrontation Atofe was more serious against Zanoba

2º In the second confrontation she used the sword to hit him

In any case, in both confrontations they make it clear that Zanoba can compete in a physical combat against Atofe.

Yeah, has been said before. Zanoba also later tanks Death God's armour-crushing sword blow, which shatters his armour and leaves a huge bruise on Zanoba. If nobody had Battle Aura, Zanoba would physically be the strongest.

Also as I recall, Zanoba isn't weak to magic (Rudeus' Stone Cannon didn't hurt him), he's weak to fire specifically.

Yeah, has been said before. Zanoba also later tanks Death God's armour-crushing sword blow, which shatters his armour and leaves a huge bruise on Zanoba. If nobody had Battle Aura, Zanoba would physically be the strongest.

Also as I recall, Zanoba isn't weak to magic (Rudeus' Stone Cannon didn't hurt him), he's weak to fire specifically.
Sh*t. WTF with the author. Atofe>Badigadi.

Headache.
The problem is that it is not certain that Rudeus' stone cannon which does not affect Zanoba is fully charged.
Regarding whether the stone cannon is not charged, indeed at the time of being at the university Rudeus specifies that he did it with force to knock out a normal human. However, in this fight with Atofe he points out that Zanoba can withstand his stone cannon and compares his power to Atofe's punches.

Regarding vulnerability to fire, yes, it is specifically said that it is weak to fire. However, it sounds to me that in previous volumes he had been defeated by very low-level magic.

In any case, Zanoba is able to withstand Atofe's blows without dying and is capable of destroying her with one blow.

Regarding whether the stone cannon is not charged, indeed at the time of being at the university Rudeus specifies that he did it with force to knock out a normal human. However, in this fight with Atofe he points out that Zanoba can withstand his stone cannon and compares his power to Atofe's punches.

Regarding vulnerability to fire, yes, it is specifically said that it is weak to fire. However, it sounds to me that in previous volumes he had been defeated by very low-level magic.

In any case, Zanoba is able to withstand Atofe's blows without dying and is capable of destroying her with one blow.
Well this author tires me.

Well people, I proceed to update the scale with the data from volume 14.

TIER LIST

Orsted = Dragon God
Technique God
Fighting God
Laplace = Demon God
Death God
Gald Farion = Sword God
Kalman II = North God

God Level = Reida

Hydra

Zanoba = Atofe >= King Level = Isolte = Rudeus Teenager Magic = Badigadi = Almanfi = Ghislaine > 460 GIG TNT

Roxy King > 230 GIG TNT
Rudeus Magic

Paul LN12 >= Saint Level = Gino = Roxy Staff Water (x2) = Gallus Cleaner = Klein Dinoltas = 23 GIG TNT

Class A Monster
Cliff Magic
Paul
7º Year Student Magic

Class C Monster
Class D Monster
Rudeus Teenager
Luke = Linia = Pursena
3º Year Student Magic
Pope´s Assassin

Intermediate Level = Timothy Magic = Roxy Child Magic = Ginger = Therese = Rudeus LN6 = Regular Swordsman

Eris Magic

Nokopara
Geese = Mimir = Timothy
Pax > Fitts = Nanahoshi
Roxy
Class E Monster
Cliff
Kishirika
Ashia = Norn
Silphiette
Roxy Child

No Level

The changes:

.- Incorpore Atofe as a little stronger than Badigadi
.- Incorpore Zanoba as comparable to Atofe

Doubts:

.- I don't know where the following characters will be: Perugius, Sylvarill and Moore

Previous Doubts:

.- I don't know where the following characters will be: Bloody Kant, Blaze, Dale, Leno, Gadalf Rangid, Talhand, Shierria, Vierra and Class S- Monster, Sara, Suzanne, Patrice, Ogre God, Elmore, Kleene, Nights Eyes Crow, Goliade and Conrad

.- I will waiting to volumen 15 to create new keys for Eris, Nina and Gino, but the Eris and Nina from volumen 13 are comparable to Isolte and Ghislaine

Last edited:
Well people, I proceed to update the scale with the data from volume 14.

TIER LIST

Orsted = Dragon God
Technique God
Fighting God
Laplace = Demon God
Death God
Gald Farion = Sword God
Kalman II = North God

God Level = Reida

Hydra

Zanoba = Atofe >= King Level = Isolte = Rudeus Teenager Magic = Badigadi = Almanfi = Ghislaine > 460 GIG TNT

Roxy King > 230 GIG TNT
Rudeus Magic

Paul LN12 >= Saint Level = Gino = Roxy Staff Water (x2) = Gallus Cleaner = Klein Dinoltas = 23 GIG TNT

Class A Monster
Cliff Magic
Paul
7º Year Student Magic

Class C Monster
Class D Monster
Rudeus Teenager
Luke = Linia = Pursena
3º Year Student Magic
Pope´s Assassin

Eris Magic

Nokopara
Geese = Mimir = Timothy
Pax > Fitts = Nanahoshi
Roxy
Class E Monster
Cliff
Kishirika
Ashia = Norn
Silphiette
Roxy Child

No Level

The changes:

.- Incorpore Atofe as a little stronger than Badigadi
.- Incorpore Zanoba as comparable to Atofe

Doubts:

.- I don't know where the following characters will be: Perugius, Sylvarill and Moore

Previous Doubts:

.- I don't know where the following characters will be: Bloody Kant, Blaze, Dale, Leno, Gadalf Rangid, Talhand, Shierria, Vierra and Class S- Monster, Sara, Suzanne, Patrice, Ogre God, Elmore, Kleene, Nights Eyes Crow, Goliade and Conrad

.- I will waiting to volumen 15 to create new keys for Eris, Nina and Gino, but the Eris and Nina from volumen 13 are comparable to Isolte and Ghislaine
Good enough. Also the calculation for Advanced-tier gave Low 7-C.

Mmm, personally I'm torn by the fact that this is Rudeus who did this, so it may be >Advanced magic....
The fact is that it is not certain because Rudeus said from the beginning that he made adjustments and generally without indication to the contrary with Aqua Heartia he casts the spells at the same power as he would have done normally and with the same power of a spell with incantation to save his mana.

The fact is that it is not certain because Rudeus said from the beginning that he made adjustments and generally without indication to the contrary with Aqua Heartia he casts the spells at the same power as he would have done normally and with the same power of a spell with incantation to save his mana.
Mmm, personally I'm torn by the fact that this is Rudeus who did this, so it may be >Advanced magic....
It is true, the Rudeus factor is an uncertainty, at most I think that the Rudeus multiplier should be used with fire staff, making a normal advanced half of it.

It is true, the Rudeus factor is an uncertainty, at most I think that the Rudeus multiplier should be used with fire staff, making a normal advanced half of it.
Not at all. As I said, without mention of Rudeus, the energy should not be divided. Remember what he said about his wit in Volume 2? This simply shows that he can use Aqua Heartia with just the minimum possible energy for the power required.

I wasn't even thinking of Aqua Heartia, I was thinking of the fact that Rudeus can make any spell any class he pleases. The fact that he used Exodus Flame doesn't mean he actually used Advanced-class magic.

I wasn't even thinking of Aqua Heartia, I was thinking of the fact that Rudeus can make any spell any class he pleases. The fact that he used Exodus Flame doesn't mean he actually used Advanced-class magic.
TRUE. Except that this is the only way to get to Advanced level. The energy obtained is quite low.

Not at all. As I said, without mention of Rudeus, the energy should not be divided. Remember what he said about his wit in Volume 2? This simply shows that he can use Aqua Heartia with just the minimum possible energy for the power required.
It mentions that it can be used in both ways, both to enhance an attack and to minimize mana expenditure. The issue is that we cannot assume that he always does the second and never the first. It is safer to assume the lower value.

Back