• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Multiversal+ Character vs Athlete Level Character (Heaven DIO vs The Stalker)

I know he can do it when he isn't in contact, but with the exception of him flexing his new powers to warp Kairo, he never does it right off the bat at a range when in character

Sure he'll notice, but that's not gonna do much except have him rush for the EE, which Stalker can bait him with by Astral Projection to Possession, Time Travel, or Soul Manip

Uhm, not that i care who wins or loses i just want to point out that if Dio has acausality in his profile, then time paradox won't work. Acasual beings are beings that are not affected by the flow of time at all.

Acausality is the ability to be unaffected by attacks reliant on cause and effect or changes to the past. For example, being killed or having one's history changed a significant amount of time in the past through Reality Warping will not affect an Acausal character in the present or future.

Acausality is not affected by the flow of time at all. So time paradoxing HAD won't work. If HAD has this "acausality" due to scaling from resisting GER, then it should be removed and replaced with "resistance to causality reversal" or causality manip whatever is decided on.

Okay,then.

You guys use feats that happen in gameplay all the damn time,just decide already if they can be used or not.

If Dio is figthing a guy that can time stop him passively he is gonna think that his is dangerous and use his best abilities to stop him, he eveen in character goes for the kill rigth away(Kakoyin,Joseph,Polnareff).

Astral Projection on someone that can touch Non-Corporeals Lapitus?

Im pretty sure that speed is equalised to the highest speed.

Speed doesn't get equalized to the highest. It is equalized to a good middle. I mean it doesn't matter what the speed becomes.

"speed equalized" is literally just the op saying "no arguments relying on speed". And no speed never gets equalized to infinity, immesurable and/or irrelevant.

Axl233 said:
Yeah never says "immesurable, infinite, or irrelevant" are applicable.

Equalizing in infinite is just dumb. Because you literally remove time stop abilities. The concept of a time stop is useless in infinite speed because moving in a time stop (assuming it's not resisitance or hax) needs infinite speed. It also invalidates anything that has "travel speed" or that requires time, none of them will work.

Equalizing in immesurable. Is a bit eh... You are literally giving ANY character the ability to cause a time paradox and kill you. So yeah. That is giving character hax.

Giving someone irrelevant speed is literally giving them 1-A resistance to time manipulating abilities. Rewind, accelerate, erase, jump whatever hax that is related to time is just invalidated bcause irrelevant literally transcends time.

So yeah equalizing in infinite, immesurable or irrelevant ain't happening.

Axl233 said:
Okay,then.
You guys use feats that happen in gameplay all the damn time,just decide already if they can be used or not.

If Dio is figthing a guy that can time stop him passively he is gonna think that his is dangerous and use his best abilities to stop him, he eveen in character goes for the kill rigth away(Kakoyin,Joseph,Polnareff).

Astral Projection on someone that can touch Non-Corporeals Lapitus?

Im pretty sure that speed is equalised to the highest speed.
Its contectual what can and cannot be used. This obviously seems to be gameplay only

He didn't when Jotaro stopped time on him after he stomped GER and Tusk Act 4. He just went for the rush. Clearly time stop is not enough to provoke his full power

For Sure. Why would him being able to touch non-corporeals stop him from possessing DIO or attacking his soul

I'm indifferent on this, since they can fight in stopped time either way, but Fire does not seem to think so.

Then show me proof of why is gameplay only then and not something that they can do it in Eyes of heaven also if dont agree make a CTR because thats on Jotaro profile.

He dint do it on Jotaro because its his character to get cocky and overconfident around Jotaro because they rivalry and shit now against a guy that he never saw before in the other hand...

Stalker becomes non corporeal->goes to Dio for the possesion->gets insta erased or soulhaxed the moment he attempt to do that.

He can move in stop time, and stop time to move in stop time, but he cannot "layer" time stop. Only the previous, which I have no issue with, not the latter, is on his profile.

Even in the original SDC when he hardly knew Jotaro, he didnt just go for the kill. Either way, if he does take The Stalker seriously he woukd just rush for EE instead of doing it at range

DIO would have to be aware of the stalker to do that, but he cannot see The Stalker

He can time stop people who resisted time stop before thats why he would be able to stop the stalker.

Probaly because it has to with the fact that he is from the Joestar family im guess or maybe plot reasons,he can also start with soul steal because the stalker would be a soul a that point.

Did we play the same game?the guy at the end eated the souls of the intire multiverse for dinner saying that he would not be able to see him because he is a soul is kinda of a poor argument.

But the point is, time stop is his normal enviroment. And again, when they stop time in time stop it just lets them move in time stop

Sounds more like character than plot to me. Yes he could, if he knew the stalker was out of his body, but he wouldn't at that point

Clearly not, since in the game I played DIO just stoll the souls of the joestars, not the whole multiverse. He never openned with soul steel in the game i played

Fine then.

He will definitely will if he sees a soul charging up to his direction,soul manip is one of his abilities Lapitus,he can interact and absorb souls plus stands are a manifestation of that and if it wasnt soo obvious they can affect souls and ghost *cough* Reimi *cough*.

Btw,no offense but someone that has soul manip that cannot see souls seems pretty dumb to me.

"Just the souls of the joestars"

https://gfycat.com/VioletFarawayGentoopengui

https://gfycat.com/RashUnacceptableAlbatross

Nope.

Haxing has nothing to do with seeing it doe. There are haxxers who just suck your soul which doesn't need to "see" a soul.

Seeing has nothing to do with haxing. This would be solved via verse equalization though that would only apply if the whole verse was like that.

"There are haxxers who just suck your soul which doesn't need to "see" a soul"

Since when?^

By the way,everytime he absorbs a soul they can be seen tho.

Axl233 said:
"There are haxxers who just suck your soul which doesn't need to "see" a soul"
Since when?^

By the way,everytime he absorbs a soul they can be seen tho.
Not a factor. The "they can be seen part" is done so that the players can see. Kind of like how ghosts (even in verses where they are invisible) are still visible to the viewer/reader/player. It's an ease of use thing done for the players, that doesn't apply to the user "unless" he says that he can see them or gives something to deduce that he can see them. You can also notice this in Dragon Ball for example, you can see Goku vs Frieza, that doesn't mean anyone watching that fight is able to see them and it also doesn't mean that if you put goku vs someone then they will be able to see goku moving at whatever MFTL+ speed he is. It's just done to make the show/game more entertaining and just overall feel better for the audience. I mean that same scene but without the blue dots it would be Dio just literally saying "imma suck your soul" then an awkward pause of 20 sec and then he leaves.

And about the "since when" part. DxD is a pretty good choice, they cannot see consciousness from what i remember (they can see spirits and ghosts and such but not consciousness) but they still manage to seal that stuff.

Grim Reapers in DxD literally attack your life span (if they hit you the years you have to live are shortened if it drops to 0 you're dead), that doesn't mean they can see the life itself.

The point is haxing souls doesn't automatically means you can see them (users can more often than not see souls doe). If there is nothing to suggest that he can see them, then it cannot be taken as fact. Some users of causality manip are able to literally see the cause and effect and modify it at will, that doesn't mean all users of causality manip are able to literally see cause and effect in anything and everything.

And then you have the Jojo verse were has been showed people seeing ghosts,spirits,souls going to the afterlife,people figthing ghosts and a alley of disturbed souls that can drag people to hell but for some reason the most powerful villain wich whole thing was to take over the souls of a intire multiverse and wich powersource has been able to manip souls before cant see then for shit captain...

Well,okay then.

Axl233 said:
Fine then.
He will definitely will if he sees a soul charging up to his direction,soul manip is one of his abilities Lapitus,he can interact and absorb souls plus stands are a manifestation of that and if it wasnt soo obvious they can affect souls and ghost *cough* Reimi *cough*.

Btw,no offense but someone that has soul manip that cannot see souls seems pretty dumb to me.

"Just the souls of the joestars"

https://gfycat.com/VioletFarawayGentoopengui

https://gfycat.com/RashUnacceptableAlbatross

Nope.
He is not just a normal ghost or soul, since even beings that can see usual ghosts cannot see him. Or more accurately; he is not just a ghost or soul.

So the joestars + joebros? Still don't see anything about the whole multiverse there

"He is not just a normal ghost or soul, since even beings that can see usual ghosts cannot see him"

So basically just like stands were ghosts cant eveen see then.

Still dont know why we are still arguing about this eveen though verse equalisation ignores all that shit.

Joestars+Joebros+Villains that are scattered across the multiverse acttualy.

And about trying to time paradox him,multiversal range says hello.

Sort of, but not exactly

Guess again Boyo. I'm fairly sure even the Angels can't see him, so verse equalization doesn't get rid of his invisibility.

You mean like, from 3 or 4 different timelines? Yeah "the entire multiverse" is kinda disingenuous, considering the multiverse is infinite.

Only if he knows The Stalker time travels himself. DIO isn't omniscient, nor does he have any kind of temporal awareness either

"Guess again Boyo. I'm fairly sure even the Angels can't see him, so verse equalization doesn't get rid of his invisibility"

So does stands were ghosts cant eveen see then,the similarities are still the same so the guy still gets hitted by the verse equalisation hammer.

Also could you give me scans Lap?

Dio has multiversal attack pontecy and multiversal range with soul hacks cause the jojo multiverse is infinite and all the different characters were scattered around the different universes,what are you gonna do,downgrade him to 2C?dint jojo had enough downgrades man?

If he sees the guy just oppening a portal back in time or just vanishing he is gonna do the same thing that he did with funny something that he experienced before.

No, because stands are one level of invisibility above baseline, where as The Stalker is 2

Sure, but I'm not sure how exactly how to collect scans on a mobile game. Any ideas?

That's not what I claimed. I'm saying that you saying that he was stealing souls from across the multiverse was disingenuous.

Its not a portal, and let me remidn you that he leaves his physical body behind, so DIO wouldn't see a difference

There are no levels of invisibility when you are invisible thats it.

If there is such a thing,then im pretty sure that stands would not be baseline since not eveen surpernatural shit like ghosts who can see and perceive spirits cannot see then.

Im prettty sure there are screenshot apps for that Lap.

The multiverse that we are talking about is infinite,they could just be one universe away from the main one or could be immensurable numbers away thats why we gived him multiversal+ range in his soul steal since he can affect that whole multiverse with his RW and since his soul manip comes from his RW then...you get the ideia.

So he is just gonna ignore the body of the guy falling in the ground while he soul goes away then?

Btw can he eveen do that since that Dio comes from a different timeline?

Not the case. Even in JJBA, there are different levels of invisible. Ghosts are normally invisible, but can be seen by stand users. However, Stands cannot be seen by Ghosts. And then on top of that, ther is Limp Bizkit that is so invisible that even other stand users cannot see it

Stands would be 1 level above basline, where as something like Limp Bizkit would be another level above a normal stand

I was refering to filming it, cuz that way I can capture the whole thing. I am not sure how I can show a character not reacting with screen shots

So we don't know then. I thought he used souls to power up his reality overwrite, so i was never sure it was the same ability

His body stays active actually

I don't see what you mean

There is no levels of invisibility , you are either invisible or thats it you cant stack that shit up unless is non corporeallity and its funny that you are using limp biskit as a example eveen though his invisibility comes from a ability while stalker comes from the fact that his is a soul so Dio can still see him.

Also you still dint respond about the verse equalization thing.

Then just show me a a part of a lets play footage then.

His soul manip is a continuation of his RW,he absorbed the souls so he could get eveen more powerful.

Good,now give me reason why he would just ignore the soul running away.

That version of Dio is from a different timeline so that means that would need to time travel to another universe in order to paradox him.

Firephoenixearl said:
Why do Jojo characters have infinite speed stats btw? What is the justification?
The World Over Heaven moves in stopped time like Gold Experience Requiem, and TWOH countered GER. You need infinite speed to move freely in stopped time.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Firephoenixearl said:
Why do Jojo characters have infinite speed stats btw? What is the justification?
The World Over Heaven moves in stopped time like Gold Experience Requiem, and TWOH countered GER. You need infinite speed to move freely in stopped time.
N-no you don't.... you only need resistance to it.

Yobobojojo said:
GER explicitly did it through speed IIRC
It can be called causality hax, and then again "explicitly" did he actually say "i did this through sheer speed" or like stated somehow that it was his speed that was doing the job?

HAD has infinite speed via scaling to GER. GER's causality hax activation speed is infinite which ensures that enemies can't take any action(due to having finite speed) while it negs their intent to zero. By extension, it is able to freely move in stopped time by virtue of speed rather than ts resistance.

TWOH countered this infinite speed with its own, equalising their speeds and then canceled out GER's High 3-A causality hax with a 2-A overwrite.

The activation is not instant. The effect is instant, the activation is still thought based. The enemies not being able to take action is literally 0 reset, you can never truly take an action because you are going back to 0. You did something, now that's 0, you are where you were, you did nothing, meaning you never took any action. If every action of yours gets negged then you cannot truly do anything, it has nothing to do with finite or infinite speed. Was him nulling time stop by virtue of speed stated and how was it speicifically stated (a scan would be the best explanation here).

TWOH did what? Explain this part better.

Yobobojojo said:
It matched GER in speed. I think you're looking into this too much.
Because he resists causality manip and therfore GER's hax are useless on him.

If im not mistaken the statement is "those who stand before me will be unable to take action" which is something he cannot do to Dio due to his acausality, Dio can take as much actions as he wants, he won't be brought back.

And about GER, his infinite speed comes from walking and talking in erased time on his profile, which is ez resistance.

Back