• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Multipliers For Destroying Many Things

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I'll explain what it legit and what's not.
Vaporizing 100 men in one blast is a legit around 30 Gigajoule, High 8-C feat given that 300 Megajoules is around the energy required to vaporize a human, and vaporizing a hundred of them would be vaporizing 100x the biomass. And lifting multiple objects of the same weight would stack the weight.

However, we do not stack the characters' superhuman durability nor the durability of objects made of fictional supermetals to stack a character's attack potency.
Are you simply saying that (for example) Thanos does not scale to the sum of the whole team of the Avengers but only scale to the strongest and fastest Avenger in regard? This I have no problem.

But destroying multiple objects on one attack should yield way more AP yield than destroying objects one by one.

What about an object with a stated durability? If Bob destroy say, an entity made up of 1,000,000 Dark Shards which in their imaginary lore are stated to be individually capable of tanking a supernova, would that be High 4-C or 4-B?

Antoniofer said:
There is, however, other ways to see it, for example a character uniformely increasing the environmental temperature up to 8000 K in an area of 50 m, in that case the amount of people or objects vaporized within the area do not make the attack stronger or weaker, it always yield the same.
There's this though.

Jasonsith said:
DarkDragonMedeus said:
I'll explain what it legit and what's not.
Vaporizing 100 men in one blast is a legit around 30 Gigajoule, High 8-C feat given that 300 Megajoules is around the energy required to vaporize a human, and vaporizing a hundred of them would be vaporizing 100x the biomass. And lifting multiple objects of the same weight would stack the weight.

However, we do not stack the characters' superhuman durability nor the durability of objects made of fictional supermetals to stack a character's attack potency.
Are you simply saying that (for example) Thanos does not scale to the sum of the whole team of the Avengers but only scale to the strongest and fastest Avenger in regard? This I have no problem.
But destroying multiple objects on one attack should yield way more AP yield than destroying objects one by one.
Yeah, basically this. Thanos scales only to the strongest and not to their combined might (Though I basically don't remember any other attack other than Thor and Iron Man that combined both forces at the same time against Thanos, so it wouldn't matter regardless), and that destroying multiple objects in one attack wields more AP than destroying them one-by-one, because we already have IRL values for those things.

@KLOL After changing my mind a few times, I've settled on thinking that sorta feat should be rejected.

The dragon didn't perform it in a single attack/leap/bound/projectile, it was continuously running and adding more force.

I asked Bambu about it, he said he just accepted the math and if the context forbids it from being used, it forbids it from being used.

I've asked Dargoo but might not get a response for a bit.

An example of where this sorta thing is okay would be this calc, where one projectile created multiple craters after being thrown once.

Ah. Should've noticed there was something iffy with that feat being casual and all.

Regardless, the dragon does better feats so that feat won't matter.

Anyway, I don't see any feat for Methuselah involving destroying stuff.

KLOL506 said:
Anyway, I don't see any feat for Methuselah involving destroying stuff.
One of his Nights is stated to be durable enough to withstand at least half the planet being destroyed. We scale his actual durability to his total number of Nights, which is somewhere in the novemdecillions or higher IIRC.

Also, one question:

Cheung Tin Chi made a high jump kick, which smashed a window screen and kicked Owen Davidso flying, which further smashed through two glass panels of doors.

Like this

How should Master Z Cheung Tin Chi be tiered?

Since this was done in a single attack, it should be fine.

Though the window and door calcs should be treated separately me thinks, but they're both fine.

KLOL506 said:
Since this was done in a single attack, it should be fine.
Are you talking about the Ip Man feat or Methuselah by any chance?

Also Cheung Tin-Chi would still be At least 9-C+, possibly 9-B for even managing to slightly stagger Owen, who can, well... smash tables.

By the way, are feats involving combined destruction of fictional constructs no longer allowed? Mori Jin used be borderline 4-A via destroying 200 Quadrillion Low 4-C clones in a single attack but it seems to no longer be accepted. Or are there standards to this sort of thing?

Unless of course, IRL values for real stuff like planets is used. Destroying two planets at once would wield almost Low 4-C results last I checked. Inverse square law is a pain in the ass.

The clone stuff is prolly iffy for other reasons tho.

KLOL506 said:
Unless of course, IRL values for real stuff like planets is used. Destroying two planets at once would wield almost Low 4-C results last I checked. Inverse square law is a pain in the ass.
The clone stuff is prolly iffy for other reasons tho.
OK, guess that makes sense.

Planck69 said:
By the way, are feats involving combined destruction of fictional constructs no longer allowed? Mori Jin used be borderline 4-A via destroying 200 Quadrillion Low 4-C clones in a single attack but it seems to no longer be accepted. Or are there standards to this sort of thing?
I could understand the point of destroying 200 Quadrillion Low 4-C clones to the point that the legitimacy of the clone being Low 4-C being questionable.

I can also somehow agree that "Thanos can fight the entire team of Avengers" only means Thanos tier to the strongest and fastest Avenger.

But I can imagine a case where multipliers and dividers may not be acceptable:

Imagine an armor is designed to defend against Sako TRG sniper rifle firing without rupture. It is unlikely thousands of Airsoft Gu pellet bullet firing can do visible harm. Although energy yields from firing thousands of pellet bullets can stack up to energy yield from one sniper rifle shot.

Summary: I think we should accept or reject multiplier/divisor cases on a case by case basis.

Depends on whether the pellets are fired simultaneously at the same time, if it's one by one, then yeah, don't expect to rupture it, but if it's a shitton hitting you at the same time, then you can actually exceed its maximum strain and punch through it.

Planck69 said:
Does anyone scale to this feat? I will downgrade them if everyone agrees multipliers like this are invalid.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Does anyone scale to this feat? I will downgrade them if everyone agrees multipliers like this are invalid.
Oh no, no one does, not anymore at least. I brought it up as an example since I wanted to know if multipliers on calced values are allowed. Though thinking on it more it does feel like calc-stacking.

Although, as I said formerly, to destroy x amount of people with D durability, one doesn't need to have D*x AP, just AP >> D and have an AoE attack; depends if the attack is realistic or not.

At the end of the day, really looks to be like a case-by-case basis.

But fictional objects that don't use IRL values are a no-no, that's for certain.

KLOL506 said:
Depends on whether the pellets are fired simultaneously at the same time, if it's one by one, then yeah, don't expect to rupture it, but if it's a shitton hitting you at the same time, then you can actually exceed its maximum strain and punch through it.
They'd have to hit the same spot at the same time for that to apply though. (Specifically, if they all line up together like a train and punch one spot with their combined mass, which could be calculated as KE = 0.5*(Mass of Airsoft Bullet * Number of Bullets)*(Speed of Airsoft Bullet)^2. Getting enough Airsoft Bullets together in a line like this would eventually exceed the output of the one bullet from the sniper rifle.

I don't think if it would work with a bunch of bullets hitting multiple different places at the same time though. One shot to the chest, one to the knee, one to the shoulder all hitting at the same time =/= three bullets lining up to strike the chest together. Even if they all struck the chest at the same time, if they weren't lined up, the force would be spread over a higher surface area (Strike as triangle instead of line).

Yeah, basically this.

Also for the second part, I mean, who the hell takes that kinda feat as taking a hail of bullets in the same spot?

I would hope no one. Even if you had three across the chest, they could be spaced far enough away not to be considered as "striking together" [left pectoral, center of chest, right pectoral for instance]. I think to be "striking together" they'd have to be within the same square inch or so right?

Hail of Bullets [One after another in ~ same spot]. This is an example of: No, you can't stack the durability.

Yeah, they'd prolly have to be within the same square inch.

Also the Toei Piccolo one is literally of no use to anyone due to how massively above them he is

That was simply a scene that popped to mind when I thought of hail of bullets. [Of course, I was thinking of the TFS scene that lead from the "We just have to hit them really hard."] DBZ Abridged > Original

Back