• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I did make a post like this once but answers were unsatisfactory, despite that nothing changed and I don't exactly know if making a post like this is enough or mods just do as they wish but here we go anyway.

I will start with this. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ards_In_Another_World#Reinhard_clears_the_sky

It is a joke.

Firstly, it's not like there is any particular reason to think snow instantly started on all those places, not to mention making a snow like that doesn't equal to being able to freeze all of those places instantly, frame cutting to scenes where candidates see snow does not mean it happened instantly so whole carriage calculation is also meaningless. The logic is flawed so calculation doesn't matter.

That aside, not much needed to debunk that post considering the methodology is weird.

There’s also a better version of this feat where Puck drops the temperature down to absolute zero form what should be a much greater distance though it is unknown by how much exactly. However, Subaru in the novel had thought that even if he could contact Reinhard the 4 1/2 days that he had would never be enough for Reinhard to arrive because he was too far away .
This does not support the post made in any way because Subaru, does not know about fraction of Reinhard's capabilities, arc 5 starts with Subaru being overwhelmed because thanks to his growth now he can sense more of Reinhard's power. We are told in arc 5 that in any situation, if Larkins uses his fire magic to make a sign, Reinhard will come in seconds. There is no reason to assume that this only works in Priestella as it is more correct to assume this kind of fail safe was thought before this.

And no, you can't just cite Subaru's ignorant statement to wank Reinhard in which he cannot travel a not so impressive distance before shit hits the fan, the same Reinhard has 'massively hypersonic+' this is just way too flawed.

Also let's talk about the moon feat. There is so much unknown with this...since this isn't earth. This is the same Reinhard who cannot spend time to take out Gluttonybaru to save Felt in Gluttony IF. If I were to suggest a top travel speed...If I recall right Reinhard has an impressive feat where he just jumps cities and all to come and practically one tap Pooka in the game Prophecy Of Thrones.

And now the thing that nobody accepts. There are no light speed combat in reaction in re zero.

In Reinhard's page, funny enough, there are two sections cut from story one basically saying some flying dragon is at speed of sound but can't escape because light is faster, then other is basically downgrading similar or same attack from Julius by comparing to an arrow. Also the whole logic of 'that's a light beam, so it is light speed' is just ignoring so much and it would make the most low scaling isekai story into one where even slimes have FTL reactions. Nobody takes this kind of thing seriously other than people who want to wank the characters.

One argument I faced was that one person pointing out that "Even the some person this dude who argued against it accepted Jiwald is SoL because it is a heat ray and goes in straight line" this is ridiculous because that's literally about any anime. Plus there are balls of light that goes at FTL in some series so what are you going to do about that?

Grimm and some other mid-tier characters dodging isn't some inconsistency, it is just another clear sign that things aren't going fast as you think. It's not like there is a clear proof that those light beams are at SoL while there is proof that things move slower, there doesn't need to be. The fact is things being SoL is what needs to be proven and it has to be proven with clear statements that establish some sort of real sense of scale rather than one that gets debunked by same attack being arrow like.

Lastly, I am not sure so I will just add it here so it can be discussed. In a side story Subaru shows some out of proportion combat strength, while it is a rare moment statements are rather clear. At the end of this side story we are told Emilia (who is amped by miasma at this point) + Beatrice could not separate Ram from unconscious Subaru and they clearly cite his strength rather than any will to not wanting to hurt him and so on, Julius goes to help them at the end of the story but we are not shown whether he succeeded or not...but we do in arc 6 because it is made clear that when Subaru wakes up after losing consciousness, Ram was put into the same bed as him albeit leaving earlier than Subaru.

Emilia: [Ah, Julius! Come and help. I want to check if they are injured, but Subaru won't let go of Ram…]

Beatrice: [There are no major problems with the injuries of these two. However, his strength is far too great in fact...!]

Emilia: [Subaru's chicken arms usually don’t have any strength to them, but now he is holding her so tightly... I can't pull them apart.]

Emilia and Beatrice were extremely troubled by this. Julius went to help, and at the same time sealed his feelings of inadequacy into the bottom of his heart.

Back