• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MTV Spider-Man Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonkitt

He/Him
VS Battles
Retired
A) Spider-Man never actually dodged lightning from Electro. He only dodges the electricity blasts from him. I remember solidly that anytime Electro does use lightning, Spider-Man gets hit with it

B) I didn't put it in the profile, but we have a travel speed calc that is yet to be approved right here. Happens in the finale of the show

C) In my profile, I put an approved feat for the high end Wall level value. Definitely needs to be added

Tier: 9-B

Name:
Spider-Man, Peter Parker

Origin: Spider-Man: The New Animated Series

Classification: Mutated human

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Martial Arts, Precognition, Enhanced Senses, Surface Scaling, Web Creation, Acrobatics, Regenerationn (Low; Healed several injuries sustained after failing to stop Silver Sable)

Attack Potency: Wall level (Punched Kraven into a door, knocking it off it's hinges. Broke open a set of metal doors by charging into them)

Speed: SuperHuman Travel Speed (72 mph, or 32 m/s), higher via web-swinging, with Supersonic reactions (Fast enough to dodge Electro's electricity, which would yield this level. Can easily dodge bullets fired from CZ-75 9 millimetre pistols. Could keep up with Shitaka, who could deflect the same kind of bullets with her sword)

Lifting Strength: At least Class 5, likely higher (Can easily lift and throw cars, stopped a 10,000 lb steel frame from falling)

Striking Strength: Wall Class

Durability:
Wall level (Survived being sent through a stone balcony)

Stamina: High

Range: Standard melee range, much higher with webbing

Intelligence: Above Average.

Weaknesses: His webbing can be burnt through by a powerful enough corrosive liquid and its adhesiveness can be negated with teflon spray.

Notes: While Spider-Man has dodged Electro's electricy blasts, he has never been shown capable of dodging his lightning bolts, ergo his speed is not higher than Supersonic. This Spider-Man should also not be confused with or scaled to the Sam Raimi version of the character

Feats: Respect Thread

Overall, I just think the profile isn't very clean and could use this improvement

Thoughts?

Does anybody know who can apply these edits? It's open the being editted, but edits can't be applied without some kind of approvable

Again, would anyone know who can actually apply the changes? Even though the page is open, no edits that are applied will actually stick

Lonkitt said:
Even though the page is open, no edits that are applied will actually stick
False, as long as you link the CRT where staff accepted the changes, any one can edit pages and have the edits stick.

The ones on the second gif, sure, but the ones on the first gif look the same as everything Electro hits him with.

And why would Electro hit Spidey with regular electricity if he packs lightning bolts?

Why would he? Beats me. He only uses what seems like actual lightning (which Spider-Man never dodges) in the episode where he returns. Even with the gifs, the first gifss blast don't look much like lightning. Electricity blasts would make more sense anyways when lining up other speed feats for this specific Spidey.

They would? I didn't know we had speed statistics for "electricity blasts"

Antvasima said:
I think that we count electricity as lightning speed from 8-C+ potency and upwards: Lightning Feats
The electricity Electro presents here does not resemble lightning. There are several pages that have speed differences in comparsion to MHS+ speeds for the very reason of not all electricity equates to lightning

EDIT: It should also be noted that this Spider-Man is nowhere close to being 8-C+

Okay. Then your conclusions are probably fine.

Thanks. Is there anything left to do here?

Those numbers might apply to TAS Spidey as well, since he has several feats like that one.

We can't apply them like that since the TNAS feat was taking into account what caused said explosion, using that to find a yield. The TAS explosion running feats are all different from that one

I added your new youtube video link to the blog.

wakanda spiderman is this lol EDIT: NVM I just got hit with nostalgia

Also isn't this show a direct continuation of the first Raimi Spider-Man film?

It's more so an adaptation...of an adaptation. Still, even ignoring the later films, it has several continuity errors in comparison to Spider-Man (2002) and isn't canonically connected to the films

The travel speed calc got accepted. Everything is done here

Okay. Have you performed the relevant edits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back