• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MSPA Discussion Thread

And why aren't we assuming tgis is a new character? Hell, when has Hussie ever interacted with people via avatars at all? He's usually pretty direct about his cosmic manipulations.

I figure the Wise One/Elder God Karako is probably some abstract entity/personification of the Dark Carnival itself.

Do we really have anything besides speculation, though?

Wise One is likely an Horrorterror like-being or the "true" Messiah of Purpleblood I think, given all the stuff about the universe, truth, etc...

We still don't know who the Mirthful Messiahs are or were. Could be Shaggy and J. Could be left Gamzee and right Gamzee. Could be Tavros and Gamzee. Could be Lil Cal and Gamzee. Could be Caliborn and Calliope. Could be, as you mentioned earlier, LE and DS, but Doc doesn't seem too "mirthful" to me. Given the current state of What Pumpkin, I wouldn't be surprised if James Roach tweeted out and canonized that it was the Bogdanoffs all along.

Nemo212 said:
We still don't know who the Mirthful Messiahs are or were. Could be Shaggy and J. Could be left Gamzee and right Gamzee. Could be Tavros and Gamzee. Could be Lil Cal and Gamzee. Could be Caliborn and Calliope. Could be, as you mentioned earlier, LE and DS, but Doc doesn't seem too "mirthful" to me. Given the current state of What Pumpkin, I wouldn't be surprised if James Roach tweeted out and canonized that it was the Bogdanoffs all along.
but Gamzee says this in Murderstuck

TC: and now i'm the last one, so i finally ************ understand.
TC: I FINALLY GOT MY ************* UNDERSTAND ON TO WHO THE MIRTHFUL MESSIAHS ARE.
TC: they were always both me. :eek:)
TC: AND ALSO ************* ME. Do:

https://www.homestuck.com/story/3358

Gamzee and Doc Scratch are apart of Lord English

i'm very sorry if i sound rude

Keep in mind that Gamzee was completely delusional when he said that. He isn't exactly a reliable authority on this.

Nemo212 said:
Left and right Gamzee?

When Gamzee got cut in half in GAME OVER, one of the sides was smiling and one of them was frowning. One of them made it into LE, but I can't remember which one.

Gf7tvtvfvtfyvfvfvfvfvfv said:
YuriAkuto said:
Wise One is likely an Horrorterror like-being or the "true" Messiah of Purpleblood I think, given all the stuff about the universe, truth, etc...
i thought Lord English and Doc Scartch were the "Mirthful Messiahs"?
Well, Lord English and Doc Scratch are a huge part of the religion (Lord as the God of Death and the one who did the Vast Honk, Doc as Satan), but if they're the "Messiahs" is actually unknown.

Insane Clown Prosse can also be the Messiahs, given the description we have and the Alpha timeline.

I think Conceptual Frameworks, such as Platonic Concepts, would still be 1-A, and I'll demonstrate why. Any concept that can be defined as Eminent and Transcendent of Reality, while governing reality, is intrinsically 1-A; presently, this is in relation to the conceptual framework; this would be above any "value" of the concept's application; this does not make it ontologically flawed by it being contextual as people say. "Any Value" is not contextual to the ontology of the verse; instead, it refers to the actual nature of conception. That would signify that Any Value means Any Potential "Value" conceptually. Conversely, the concept would be Actual "Value."
Consequently, Platonic Forms are typically referred to as Outer concepts. Hence, we do not base the value on the reality of the verse because these concepts are Eminent and transcendent. Fundamentally, we base value on the nature of conceptualization. If two verses have the same conceptual framework but differing dimensional constants, this does not denote that the verse with the higher constants has superior concepts because these concepts are Eminent and cannot be compared to reality; it is merely the nature of Actuality versus Potentiality, this point will expand my thesis regarding potential and actual value. It would be more appropriate to characterize these concepts as Absolute. Absolute meaning: The use of "absolute" by Hegel is readily misconstrued. Inwood clarifies that absolute is derived from the Latin absolutus and implies "not dependent on, conditional on, relative to, or constrained by anything else; self-contained, flawless, and complete." This aspect of the Absolute's definition adequately describes its transcendence and power over reality. And by virtue of being concepts, they would govern some part of reality. To extrapolate, the potential or possible is how many could exist or potentially exist later on. While the Actual is the status of what determines the Potential, the Actual dictates the Potential. Therefore, modifying the Actual affects all instances of the Potential; consequently, no actual degree of value, not even infinite, can compete with the Actual. For example, Potential Worlds versus the Actual World in which we find ourselves (Many Worlds, EMR), Potential Infinity versus Actual Infinity, etc.

Back