• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Penny can drag her into the Deadlights to mindhax her but eh.

Riven lacks psionic powers, so she really can't do anything to Pennywise outside of the Deadlights.

One of two things happens here:

Scenario 1: Riven has not seen anything as extreme or difficult to comprehend as It in its true form, in which case she is driven so insane upon looking at it that she dies in an instant. Then she regenerates, only to die again. Then she regenerates a second time, and by this point she's so catatonic that she might as well have stayed dead.

Scenario 2: Riven has seen and survived looking at something as extreme or difficult to comprehend as It in its true form, in which case the entity pulls her mind out of her body and assimilates it into its "endless, formless, hungry being". Or just mind-controls or memory-wipes her and calls it a day.

I'd like to point out that Riven has Mid-Godly regen so no, unless Pennywise can kill conceptual beings, killing her isnt happening. And implying she'd be catatonic is a massive and frankly unfounded assumption

Also gonna be hard to mind hax someone who was basically unaffected when facing the embodiment of primordial chaos

Also gonna be hard to assimilate someone who can resist being assimilated by said embodiment of primordial chaos

"Then she regenerates, only to physically die again. Then she regenerates a second time, and by this point she's so catatonic that she might as well have stayed dead."

I covered that already. And as far as that goes, if something's very existence drives you so insane that you would die if you didn't have Regenerationn, and you end up reviving only to see it again multiple times, then it's not unfound at all to assume that you would eventually become catatonic afterwards.

But even then, what does facing primordial chaos have to do with mind manipulation? Even if that grants mind resistance, from what I can tell, taking over a single person's entire body and mind is still only affecting one person, and is inferior to passively controlling an entire town with your far weaker, almost pitiful avatar, pulling people's minds out of the universe itself to feed on them and trap them forever, housing countless others' minds and souls within yourself as part of your very being (which is implied in the novel), and so on.

Moreover, why isn't this on her profile as a mind resistance feat if it grants her mind resistance?

Implying she'd be catatonic is a massive and frankly unfounded assumption

I'm adding it as we speak

Again, if the visual aspect of Pennywise's true form is such a damaging force that she would die from pure insanity after looking at it for barely a moment, and she is only able to survive due to Regenerationn, and she proceeds to suffer from prolonged exposure to this being due to said Regenerationn keeping her alive, then it's quite safe to assume that there would be little left of her original mental health left after a while. Hence why I say catatonia is possible, if not likely.

Even if it does grant resistance to mindhax, I still don't see how it compares to Pennywise's passive housing of countless stolen minds within itself, or its ability to drag minds past universal boudaries by force. It also won't matter if she hasn't experienced something that causes instant insanity and death just from the act of someone glancing at it. (Which, now that Type 4 Madness Manipulation is a thing, falls under a completely separate umbrella from traditional mind manipulation and its subsets.)

Also, would any of her powers be able to affect a non-corporeal being that embodies and encompasses a parallel universe made of nothing but "unshaped destroying light"? Because if not, then this is a massive stomp.

She's dying from her brain being destroyed, regenerating wouldnt make the madness stack

No, no she cannot

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Also, would any of her powers be able to affect a non-corporeal being that embodies and encompasses a parallel universe made of nothing but "unshaped destroying light"? Because if not, then this is a massive stomp.
^This^

Reality Warping is kind of... vague.

You can make a universe and that's Reality Warping.

Not necessarily.

It depends from the reality warping and the type of non-corporeality

I think he meant that the battle itself was creating and warping all of reality, not that she was capable of simply doing so on a whim.

Though even if she could, I don't think that constitutes the ability to harm a non-corporeal on Pennywise's scale, nor would I say it really saves her even if it does constitute such a thing. She so much as looks at it and immediately enters a cycle where she dies and comes back over and over again just from It being there. And while this is happening, it's not actually "doing" anything, so it's still capable of using mindhax on her all the while during. If it feels like doing so, which history shows that it most likely will.

Although Riven has a feat of conceptual erasure after being "killed"... I say "killed" because she didnt actually die, Yasuo just landed a lethal blow on her and her body destroyed itself to regenerate later, which would also happen here should her mind be destroyed by It.

Basially she manipulated the concept of Nightbringer Yasuo while she didnt even have a body with which to fight.

Would this work if her mind were assimilated before that could happen, though? Because It can "collect" a person's mind and contain it within its Deadlights the moment they've gone insane and died from seeing it. See here:

The writer's woman was now with It, alive yet not alive-her mind had been utterly destroyed by her first sight of It as It really was, with all of Its little masks and glamours thrown aside—and all of the glamours were only mirrors, of course, throwing back at the terrified viewer the worst thing in his or her own mind, heliographing images as a mirror may bounce a reflection of the sun into a wide unsuspecting eye and stun it to blindness.
~ IT​
But when the dogsbody husband of the girl from before brought the writer's woman, It had put on no face-It did not dress when It was at home. The dogsbody husband had looked once and had dropped dead of shock, his face gray, his eyes filling with the blood that had squirted out of his brain in a dozen places. The writer's woman had put out one powerful, horrified thought—OH DEAR JESUS IT IS FEMALE—and then all thoughts ceased. She swam in the deadlights. It came down from Its place and took care of her physical remains; prepared them for later feeding. Now Audra Denbrough hung high up in the middle of things, crisscrossed in silk, her head lolling against the socket of her shoulder, her eyes wide and glazed, her toes pointing dow
~ IT​
Essentially, the moment Audra died, her mind became a part of the Deadlights that she had looked at/died from. It's left vague like a lot of the shit Stephen King likes to play around with, but that's the gist of it.

And would this work on the concept of a literal universe?

Affecting one person with concept hax is still affecting one lone person, albeit a particularly powerful person in this case. Might just be me, but I feel like conceptually erasing one person wouldn't be the same as conceptually erasing an entire universal+ realm and its space-time. And as far as their Low 2-C rating goes, creating a universe in a fight doesn't necessarily equate to being the pure embodiment of said universe, at least as far as the scale of your own physical being goes.

If the erasure does work on such a scale, then I suppose the battle goes "Madness, death, erasure the moment It assimilates". If not, then I'm pretty sure It simply takes her mind into its Deadlights the moment she dies from insanity.

OT: Do you happen to know the name of the artist who drew whichever LoL comic those scans come from? I legit wanna see more of their art at some point, if I can.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
OT: Do you happen to know the name of the artist who drew whichever LoL comic those scans come from? I legit wanna see more of their art at some point, if I can.
I think the name of the author is Kantayams, though thats probably not his real name

@TheSandman31

I just Google Image searched that and got a ton of semi-nude pics of some Asian woman.

My response is stuck somewhere between "What the hell" and "Thanks" right now.

@King Nightbringer Yasuo is the embodiment of the primordial chaos of the entire universe who created all of space-time as a side effect of a fight. Respectively, Riven is the embodiment of Order:

Riven Yasuo UDUL pr01
Riven Yasuo UDUL pr02
Riven Yasuo UDUL pr03
Riven Yasuo UDUL pr05
Riven Yasuo UDUL pr07
Riven Yasuo UDUL pr08

@Weekly:

Well, in that case, I think I'll switch my vote over. If it's a matter of It mentally assimilating and Riven conceptually erasing at the same time once the latter dies, then Riven wins due to there being nothing of It left to do the mind-stealing in the first place.

Wait...

If Riven is the embodiment of Order and Yasuo is the embodiment of Chaos, then isn't this simply a case of one being unable to exist without the other? As in, one of those "the concept of X cannot exist without the concept of Y" linked-antitheses kinds of things?

In those scans, he even says "What is winning but an end? (Or a new beginning?)" and "From nothing, there will always come two.". And the scans don't seem to show her flat-out erasing him herself after she disappears; they show her disappearing into nothing and him seeming to...blow away while walking off? Or is that just his hair blowing in the wind? It's hard to tell.

Yes, but that's the thing. If that erasure is tied to their concepts passively balancing each other out, then that only applies to the two of them in regards to each other. She wouldn't necessarily "balance" out a concept completely separate from herself and Yasuo just because the it's a concept of managed to kill her, because that concept isn't her antithesis and doesn't have any relation to her at all. The concept of "the Deadlights" doesn't have anything to do with the concept of Chaos or Order. In fact, it's not even a concept tied to the same realm of time and space as Riven and Yasuo are.

Exactly

Note how I never said that her concept manip would work here,i was just pointing out that it's something she had

I even explicitly said she had no way to actually damage It with her powers

Back