• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most Inconsistent Series in Fiction (based on feats and such)

DC and Marvel. I feel like Marvel is a bit worse than DC considering fans (including me) have several characters split into classic and current categories, even when in such cases the characters are technically the same with no apparent retcons or changes. The gap for quite a few characters is massive.

Js250476 said:
I don't see how it is Shulk gets a lot of power ups though out the game
I mean,Shulk get's stoped by rocks every now and them,and IIRC,didn't him get one shoted from a 8-C monster with monado 2?Idk

Marvel and DC are obvious answers due to having had hundreds of different writers and several canons.

Beyond them, Dragon Ball and the Pokemon anime. I've seen Goku go from planet-buster to needing his max strength to barely hold 40 tons, as well as getting OHKO'd by a mook in Blue form. And Pikachu's infamous power fluctuations, going from hurting ARCEUS in Gen 4 to losing to a newbie's Snivy in Gen 5.

Dragon Ball Super - Universe Survival Arc

Not only is it inconsistent / full of PIS, but it's the kind that it's annoying as well. It doesn't make sense. Don't like what they're doing right now with the series.

SSB is probably the most inconsistent of all franchises. Even when taking into account the 9-Bs fighting 2-As, you have mountain level characters facing off against Multiversal levels.

Has anyone mentioned JoJo yet? Because I can't even count how many times Araki simply forgot things that he previously established in the series.

404 Araki forgot is a quality meme but not an inconsistency

Back