• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most amusing reasons for a recorded-on-profiles match verdict?

As the title should tell you, this isn't about WHO lost, but WHY they lost. Likewise, no matches where you think it's amusing just because X lost at all, or amusing because of a tier/statistics difference between the participants; It should be something amusing about the events the characters in the matchup experience that's what amuses you.

Fun & Games "Unofficial Versus Threads" are fine, too, so long as there was discussion afterwards that didn't disagree with the verdict. (Because: IMHO, a verdict with no discussion afterwards is an unconsidered argument, & a "Verdict" probably isn't conclusive if it hasn't convinced a good portion of the parties in the debate.)

Hopefully I ain't being too stingy & stringent with these specified stipulations! Now tell me your stories of Versus Threads on Versus Battles Wiki! ....Please?

prob not there anymore (if it ever was at all) due to all the tier changes for pokemon and MHA, but Izuku vs Mega Lopunny, because Lopunny gets an ability where it Charms the opponent if they make contact with them

Izuku loses due to becoming a furry

prob not there anymore (if it ever was at all) due to all the tier changes for pokemon and MHA, but Izuku vs Mega Lopunny, because Lopunny gets an ability where it Charms the opponent if they make contact with them

Izuku loses due to becoming a furry
To Idzuku's credit....

Well, for one, I guess it was assumed at the time (When WAS that match?) that Cute Charm works on non-Pokemon (It works on a huge variety of Pokemon, especially in gameplay, but I'm unsure about other media.), &... well, did they treat it as Pokemon having a resistance? Because....

1. Cute Charm only works on foes of the opposite gender, & Lopunny, Mega or otherwise, have a 50% likelihood of being Male, & a 50% likelihood of being female.
2. Cute Charm has a 30% chance of activating... but only on contact. Depending on the key, Idzuku has ranged attacks he might use.
3. It could be that we assume Pokemon are resistant to it (If so, basis.), but Infatuation's chance of preventing action is 50%. (Though, it lasts indefinitely, & in gameplay, it triggers the chance for inaction for any move, including stuff that are multiple strikes in lore, like Close Combat, Fury Swipes, etc.) Did they assume Pokemon don't act "only" 50% of the time because of resistance to the Infatuation's Status effects? Lol.

All in all, Cute Charm only has a 15% chance (Slightly better than 1 in 7 times.) of activating, & once triggered, only a 50% chance of doing anything. If I'm doing my math right, this means it only matters 7.5% (Or 1 in 13 & a third.) of the time.

Still amusing, though, & I could believe they'd exchange a lot more than 14 hits in a fight.

Bueno, no sé si esto cuenta, pero la coincidencia de Thor (Ultimate Marvel) con Natsu, el punto decisivo de ese hilo fue el AP de Thor que escala a ... bueno, a un acto de reproducción.

Well I don't know if this count, but the coincidence of Thor (Ultimate Marvel) with Nartsu, the decisive point of that thread was Thor's AP which scales to.... well ,to an act of reproduction
So long as his AP was relevant to the verdict, I think it counts enough, lol.

To Idzuku's credit....

Well, for one, I guess it was assumed at the time (When WAS that match?) that Cute Charm works on non-Pokemon (It works on a huge variety of Pokemon, especially in gameplay, but I'm unsure about other media.), &... well, did they treat it as Pokemon having a resistance? Because....

1. Cute Charm only works on foes of the opposite gender, & Lopunny, Mega or otherwise, have a 50% likelihood of being Male, & a 50% likelihood of being female.
2. Cute Charm has a 30% chance of activating... but only on contact. Depending on the key, Idzuku has ranged attacks he might use.
3. It could be that we assume Pokemon are resistant to it (If so, basis.), but Infatuation's chance of preventing action is 50%. (Though, it lasts indefinitely, & in gameplay, it triggers the chance for inaction for any move, including stuff that are multiple strikes in lore, like Close Combat, Fury Swipes, etc.) Did they assume Pokemon don't act "only" 50% of the time because of resistance to the Infatuation's Status effects? Lol.

All in all, Cute Charm only has a 15% chance (Slightly better than 1 in 7 times.) of activating, & once triggered, only a 50% chance of doing anything. If I'm doing my math right, this means it only matters 7.5% (Or 1 in 13 & a third.) of the time.

Still amusing, though, & I could believe they'd exchange a lot more than 14 hits in a fight.
pretty sure that's just gonna be tossed out as gameplay mechanics. I don't recall seeing a move/power having a percent chance to work in a game with no lore also saying it's percentage based have said percent chance be taken seriously

pretty sure that's just gonna be tossed out as gameplay mechanics. I don't recall seeing a move/power having a percent chance to work in a game with no lore also saying it's percentage based have said percent chance be taken seriously
Well, it doesn't come up in the Anime/Manga very often, but since it triggers fairly early on in the anime, I can see some taking that interpretation. (Still only relevant 50% of the time, though, since it's a coinflip if the Lopunny is the opposite gender of Idzuku.)

Well, it doesn't come up in the Anime/Manga very often, but since it triggers fairly early on in the anime, I can see some taking that interpretation. (Still only relevant 50% of the time, though, since it's a coinflip if the Lopunny is the opposite gender of Idzuku.)
For when a ship in wattpad like "Deku x Loppuny my little bunny"

I actually remember one ontop of my head that I loved the result.

Mister Monday versus Hajime Hinata. Monday would crush Hinata, wasn't it for the fact that it is so goddamn lazy and Hinata is more than good enough at convincing people that Hinata could make an incon by simply convincing him it's too much work for very little gain.
Isn't that victory via Social Influencing, though, lol? Hajime convincing the opponent to give up, & it is a product of MM's opponent's actions, lol.
Pardon my argumentativeness, please.

Isn't that victory via Social Influencing, though, lol? Hajime convincing the opponent to give up, & it is a product of MM's opponent's actions, lol.
Pardon my argumentativeness, please.
Maybe, I don't really know how victories through Social Influencing are decided by.

I mean, it's not like he'd surrender or do something in that sense, it's just leaving Hinata alone. Neither would inconvenience the other further. But he was convinced to do so, so that might be a victory... I dunno.

Back