• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hajime Hinata vs Mister Monday

but he needs the key to use a 4-B attack also hax doesn't really care about tiering unless he's higher D

that's how his luck works it has a variety of effects and this is one of them
As far as I remember his luck comes from 2 persons. Nagito who have somedays good luck, somedays bad and Makoto who have luck but comes only in holidays saving him from extreme death situations. None of them can affect person's mind or do something in time stop.

Nagito's luck can actually affect someone's mind, but not to this extent. Right before he died, Chiaki chose a poisonous grenade that accidentally killed him, so she would be a killer in the fifth trial.

Nagito's luck can actually affect someone's mind, but not to this extent. Right before he died, Chiaki chose a poisonous grenade that accidentally killed him, so she would be a killer in the fifth trial.
I don't really think so, I'm maybe have a bad memory with a game but it generally was Sonya's idea to use greandes to stop flames, because there wasn't much other choices. And since Nagito's target was to catch the "traitor", the one who picked grenade was Chiaki who is "traitor". It's likely more events decided to give poisonous one to exactly Chiaki instead of others.

It was Nagito's entire plan with the poison grenade. Anything that happened after that (Chiaki didn't throw it accidentally, it's the luck that showed her as the traitor) was based on his sheer luck. Pretty sure he stated that somewhere, maybe on the laptop, but I don't remember

It was Nagito's entire plan with the poison grenade. Anything that happened after that (Chiaki didn't throw it accidentally, it's the luck that showed her as the traitor) was based on his sheer luck. Pretty sure he stated that somewhere, maybe on the laptop, but I don't remember
Yeah I remeber it his plan, and that's what I'm technically talking about, it's his luck which made that "accidental" turn of events towards Chiaki, but not really affecting mind, at least I don't think there's enough assumption to think that luck affected mind.
Although Time stop gg I guess, Hajime can't basically counter that. So if it's not stomp I'm voting for monday.

Yeah I remeber it his plan, and that's what I'm technically talking about, it's his luck which made that "accidental" turn of events towards Chiaki, but not really affecting mind, at least I don't think there's enough assumption to think that luck affected mind.
Although Time stop gg I guess, Hajime can't basically counter that. So if it's not stomp I'm voting for monday.
luck doesn't affect someone's mind it affects their choices if that makes sense so he's not using time stop anytime soon

Maybe, but until I wouldn't see those "choices affecting" luck feats I'm not gonna trust it.
want me to bring up each time his lock affected choices ? fine
when nagito's luck made him be chosen for cleaning duty instead of everyone
when nagito's luck affected everyone and the only one who threw the poison grenade was chiaki
when izuru's luck made a random character in dr3 that survives the killing game with his gun decides to randomly throw his gun that made him survive in the first place and decide to randonmly for the chainsaw which ends up in his death

want me to bring up each time his lock affected choices ? fine
Thatwould be nice, yes...
when nagito's luck made him be chosen for cleaning duty instead of everyone
when nagito's luck affected everyone and the only one who threw the poison grenade was chiaki
when izuru's luck made a random character in dr3 that survives the killing game with his gun decides to randomly throw his gun that made him survive in the first place and decide to randonmly for the chainsaw which ends up in his death
So...
Lottery...
Common sense to stop flames...
And emotional force to a weak student who just killed his classmates if not friends...?
I remeber pretty much examples where character decided to go harder way on opponent, which called "Plot inductive stupindity". Or just a moments when character was demotivating other to kill. This would be really weird at all to call this "Luck".

Thatwould be nice, yes...

So...
Lottery...
Common sense to stop flames...
And emotional force to a weak student who just killed his classmates if not friends...?
I remeber pretty much examples where character decided to go harder way on opponent, which called "Plot inductive stupindity". Or just a moments when character was demotivating other to kill. This would be really weird at all to call this "Luck".
what do mean Lottery ? that's not even similar
it's not PIS because most classmates were literally killing each other without hesitation and now thart izuru appeared the guy immediately drops his weapon and goes for the chainsaw

what do mean Lottery ? that's not even similar
it's not PIS because most classmates were literally killing each other without hesitation and now thart izuru appeared the guy immediately drops his weapon and goes for the chainsaw
By Lottery I mean the fact that choiced can be anyone basically, that's not something really impresive especially among other Nagito's feats(Should've put this under inverted commas, sorry about that). Although I can slightly forget stuff but what's so special about cleaning duty anyway?
I saw it and again, would you think logically when you litteraly killed your classmates? Or does the similar events in other media gives a "Supernatural luck" for characters? Luck should be or blatant or called, there's no something "Lucky" on this feat. Ironically same guy falling into own chainsaw after a few seconds looks more "lucky" and illogical as normal cause than feat you're trying to describe.

By Lottery I mean the fact that choiced can be anyone basically, that's not something really impresive especially among other Nagito's feats(Should've put this under inverted commas, sorry about that). Although I can slightly forget stuff but what's so special about cleaning duty anyway?
I saw it and again, would you think logically when you litteraly killed your classmates? Or does the similar events in other media gives a "Supernatural luck" for characters? Luck should be or blatant or called, there's no something "Lucky" on this feat. Ironically same guy falling into own chainsaw after a few seconds looks more "lucky" and illogical as normal cause than feat you're trying to describe.
you wanted me bring feats that affects choices i gave you some
y know i was talking about the whole event from start (when he throws the gun and goes to the chainsaw) til the end (when he gets impaled by the chainsaw)

you wanted me bring feats that affects choices i gave you some
y know i was talking about the whole event from start (when he throws the gun and goes to the chainsaw) til the end (when he gets impaled by the chainsaw)
I apreciate that, however I at least should ask about more details and not blindly trust everything.
In media there's prety much several moments when characters goes crazy and\or don't use easy way, it wouldn't make luck so special if we would count these examples as pure luck.

I apreciate that, however I at least should ask about more details and not blatantly trust everything.
In media there's prety much several moments when characters goes crazy and\or don't use easy way, it wouldn't make luck so special if we would count these examples as pure luck.
if you want to see luck feats just go to nagito's profile it exists for a reason and there's also a blog explaining how lucky he is
this is danganronpa don't try to generalize because these sort of scenarios don't ever occur unless nagito or izuru are on screen

if you want to see luck feats just go to nagito's profile it exists for a reason and there's also a blog explaining how lucky he is
this is danganronpa don't try to generalize because these sort of scenarios don't ever occur unless nagito or izuru are on screen
I know, I saw it but it's not something so much direct. It always mix of causes plans and equalize this to:
- "You can't do this."
-"Oh ok."(dead)
Is not something at least expectable as luck. It's more like MM type 3 which is stated on his profile and I guess feat you mentioned also applies to this.

I know, I saw it but it's not something so much direct. It always mix of causes plans and equalize this to:
- "You can't do this."
-"Oh ok."(dead)
Is not something at least expectable as luck. It's more like MM type 3 which is stated on his profile and I guess feat you mentioned also applies to this.
i know it's bullshit but that's how his luck works get over it
MM3 is by enforcing despair and i have no idea what it actually means that's why i never use it in debates and most people don't recently

i know it's bullshit but that's how his luck works get over it
MM3 is by enforcing despair and i have no idea what it actually means that's why i never use it in debates and most people don't recently
V3 after that seems a lot more easier to understand.

I am not going to debate on who wins here. Just to clarify something here:

Regarding the Ultimate Luck, can it affect a person's mind directly???
Well, it is not like mind effing a person to do what he wants, because it's not mind manipulation. It is something along the lines of altering probability to get what he wants. It is within the capabilities of the Ultimate Luck to affect the probability of a certain person doing something that is in line with his plans and purposes. I think that's about it, it shouldn't be overthought or be made to be more complicated than that. There's no mind effing the opponents with luck.

Also, V3 seems to be more complicated, no?

Back