• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versus Thread Rules Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the current Versus Thread Rules page, there is a rule regarding versus threads that involve more than two characters.
Versus Threads that involve more than two characters (i.e. a 2v1) will only be added to profiles under specific circumstances, which are:
  • If a character canonically needs another character to fight at their full potential (i.e. Naofumi Iwatani and Raphtalia)
  • If one character is useless on their own (i.e. Gentle Criminal and La Brava)
  • If two characters are canonically known for fighting alongside one another frequently and supplement each other's skills in combat (i.e. Twinrova, Ice Climbers, and Batman and Robin)
  • Or utilize summons or familiars as their primary combat method (i.e. Pokémon Trainers and Digimon Tamers).
  • In addition, matches added this way must be limited to two participants per "team" to keep debates orderly and organized, with the exception being characters who primarily battle with summons or familiars. This rule mainly exists because it would create misleading results with weaker participants benefitting from stronger partners, and because it would be too messy to properly structure the win and loss sections with too many characters in each matchup result.
However, this specific rule requires rewording because we have allowed different Team fight each other and a Team is high likely to have more than two characters, which is technically against the current rule. Therefore, I request for rewording this rule to allow Team versus thread to be properly added.

Yeah sure, the messiness kinda gets handled by the team files since they're made to properly word out team tactics and relations, along with listing all relevant statistics for the characters + The results can't be misleading since they'll be strictly on the team page.

I personally do not mind if we add that teams that have profile pages can also fight each other in matchup threads here.

I believe this is the thread I specifically grabbed Zark for? Either way, since we allow team fights in a greater capacity now, there is no reason not to adjust this.

Thank you for the replies.

This seems to have been accepted then. Is somebody here willing to apply the change?

Perhaps we could mention right after separately something like:

* While matches with three characters or above on one side are generally not allowed for the before-mentioned reasons, an exception is done to groups that are indexed as teams or civilizations, given their inherent notability together to even be indexed in this manner, and more importantly not bloating the amount of characters involved when listing the match-ups in the pages, out of being "compressed" in such pages to link to.

I'm sure the wording could be improved, but it's a good way to start.

Thank you.

I tried to improve a bit on the text structure:

"Although matches with three characters or more on one side are generally not allowed due to the reasons mentioned above, an exception is done for groups that are indexed as teams or civilizations, given their inherent notability, and mainly in order to not bloat the character profile page matchup sections with the number of participants."

Okay. Would somebody here be willing to add it to the page then, or are there any objections?

If he does not reply, is somebody else who knows what they are doing willing to apply the change please?

I added the text:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back