• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Morty's Intelligence

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadicalMrR

VS Battles
Retired
In Season 4 Episode 3, Morty was able to able to solve a puzzle and disarm a bomb both designed by Rick. While I wouldnt say Morty is the best mathematician in the world, he has picked up a decent understanding on how various of Rick's inventions work, which in itself seems impressive.

Thoughts?

I mean...it was more just basic pattern recognition, after going through "too many" of those types of puzzles that Rick set up, he knew how to get through all of them fairly quickly as Rick makes all of his puzzles the same way, at least according to Morty. The disarming of the Neutrino Bomb could be a decent feat though, especially considering drunk Rick apparently consistently makes the inner workings of the bombs he builds somewhat confusing.

Well, even though there are "Morty is disabled" comments from time to time inuniverse, Morty has shown he can be pretty smart when he is focused/needs to do so. During the pilot, he is quickthinking and uses the Gravity Shoes during the chase sequence, for instance, and even Rick gives him props.

And let's not forget Rick mentioning that Morty should focus on science and, during his sacrifice, be better than Rick. I certainly cant see Morty being "disabled or somewhat incopetent". It is true, however, that he is gullible and does shit decisions.

Also, Rick getting drunk, setting up bombs and all isnt something common really. Morty has been around Rick for long, he knows Rick better than anyone else, which may be a reason why Morty is constantly being shown as smarter in Season 4 (learned how to use the tech that messed up bodies in the latest episode, the bomb feat, etc.) and more capable. If anyone were to go around, hearing and learning from the Universe's Smartest Man (I do believe Rick has that title, doesnt he?), they'd get quite smart. And with Morty being Rick's own blood and Rick seeing potential in him, I dont think he truly is a dumbass.

Morty out right says he's disarmed "too meny" Bombs so it's possibly a common occurrence And With the tech that messed people's bodies up He learned via trial and error.

Though I should note: he did say "there's a 40% chance the bombs a dud" So IDK

Jesterofgames said:
He learned via trial and error.
Taking his other intelligence feats through the whole series for granted. Morty almost once per episode has a decent intel feat that sometimes even Rick misses. Morty tricks a being of pure energy that Rick couldnt sucessfully block out, manages a tribal species and becomes their leader then overpowering Rick and his rival to formulate a escape plan and then even calls out the Council of Ricks, arguments and reads his own Rick well enough to know they ****** up.

Morty is not stupid. At least Morty C-137 isn't. He figured out the secret behind the parasitic memory aliens by himself - something even Rick had missed. Besides, evil Morty shows the potential for smartness that Mortys seem to have

Not to mention the fact Morty was able to manipluate Rick to hang out for a day with the person he hates the most (Jerry), and Rick only thought that Morty asked him to do it for him to handle the divorce better. But it's shown that Morty lied to Rick to get a brake from adventuring with him. Although that's more clever than smart, it's still impressive considering we're talking about tricking Rick Sanchez.

Further proof that Morty isn't stupid : Once he got rid of his self-doubt, he becomes a genius stock broker

Yeah, I say we upgrade Morty's intelligence. It certainly doesnt do him justice considering the amount of impressive things he has done in the past.

I suppose that you can upgrade his Intelligence to "High" or "Gifted", if you provide examples in his page.

I think something like "Gifted with rare moments of Brilliance" and give examples. He has shown that he can have his "Rick" moments.

I upgraded his intelligence and fixed the key I previously added. Mortys arm showed that it could make Rick bleed and send him flying several meters away with one punch so it should be Wall Level.

If it was too much text, warn me and I'll reduce it.

I think that you should preferably shorten down the text to his most impressive feats, and check the grammar.

So, has everything been handled here/should I close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back