• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 1 Discussion Thread

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Havik need the Kamidogu to influence all timelines? We knows he’s fraught up merges timelines and that’s without considering possible scaling to the other Titans we see in Invasions

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Havik need the Kamidogu to influence all timelines? We knows he’s fraught up merges timelines and that’s without considering possible scaling to the other Titans we see in Invasions

Powerscaling brainrot is part of general plot consistency at times, in the main story Baraka could punch down iron doors, here Sektor's blade barely scratches a rusty ass door.

It's like Geras being incapacitated by some random chains in MK11, they were heavy, but even a real person could probably have wiggled out of 'em.

It doesn't take too much to keep consistency, honestly, Tekken and SF did it in their own cinematic stories. See Kazuya (almost) busting an island busting or Steve waving through bullets in Tekken 8, or Chun-Li knocking down a giant metal door and the cast casually jump down from helicopters hundreds of meter into the air.

MK kinda does the biggest offense, because some characters are presented as gods and abominations, and then they fall for the stupidest shit.

Yes, it's like Titan Raiden needing the Jinsei to bust 'em all or raising a barrier, or Liu Kang, Shang Tsung and Kronika needing the hourglass to reboot or destroy even a single one.
I honestly don't see any tier 2 feats in Invasions, burning and freezing timelines sounds more like a metaphor to me, not unlike the various hyperboles about destroying the world etc...
We also have to consider we never see them doing it, and Scorpion was literally berserk, he could have done it anytime if he could have.
Titan Mileena also is probably dead, but it she is, she was likely killed either by bullets or by orbital laser.

Yes, it's like Titan Raiden needing the Jinsei to bust 'em all or raising a barrier, or Liu Kang, Shang Tsung and Kronika needing the hourglass to reboot or destroy even a single one.
I honestly don't see any tier 2 feats in Invasions, burning and freezing timelines sounds more like a metaphor to me, not unlike the various hyperboles about destroying the world etc...
We also have to consider we never see them doing it, and Scorpion was literally berserk, he could have done it anytime if he could have.
Titan Mileena also is probably dead, but it she is, she was likely killed either by bullets or by orbital laser.
1) The Jinsei thing is a chain reaction, that's true 2) Kronika did need to charge the Hourglass but was that a thing with Shang in the story mode? At the very least, we have Shang and Liu creating divergent timelines with their battle in Aftermath 3) Perhaps so but it lines up with the references to "devouring" or "destroying timelines" that we see and the sheer repetition makes me think it's something that is intended by the developers. 4) We don't get hard confirmation as to her death, all we know is her hybrids were being rounded up though many remain at large (this is also the only appearance of the orbital cannon so it has no anti-feats for being on a Titan's level) 5) This still ignores that Havik has conquered and absorbed timelines into his own before without seemingly needing the Kamidogu

Titan Shang Tsung also wanted to absorb Liu Kang's timeline, but iirc he needed the hourglass, that's why he set up the entire ordeal and deception.
Havik's might have done the same, or may still have used Geras's time crystals, since we know he is aware of them and is probably his standard M.O., as seen with other timelines he ravaged.
It is also unclear whether he has absorbed all of them, because the kamidogus were supposedly meant to spread khaos in all the timelines related to each Geras absorbed into them, and that would be moot if all of them had already be integrated into Havik's.

A 2-C/B/A character should be supposed to destroy/alter/affect the related construct with ease and especially on their own, but right now they always required an item or a man-made portal, like those in the Yin valley.

Splitting the timelines might honestly be a matter of space-time hax tbh, it was the first time two time titans ever fought, making it a sort of paradox (Liu Kang wasn't a titan yet whe he killed Kronika), and it was the only time such an event occurred, even when a hundred different titans started duking out, marking it as a singularity.

The orbital cannon causes something like 6-C levels of damage, calling it tier 2 is kinda disingenous, considering how vague the strength of the titans is in the first place.
It's more immediate to say the cannon is 6-C and an anti-feat, rather than calling it tier 2, while also built by the Special Forces without magic.

The orbital cannon causes something like 6-C levels of damage, calling it tier 2 is kinda disingenous, considering how vague the strength of the titans is in the first place.
It's more immediate to say the cannon is 6-C and an anti-feat, rather than calling it tier 2, while also built by the Special Forces without magic.
Question is, can it be used as a feat for a regular tier? If the canon causes around 6-C levels of damage, can we use it to make most characters at least tier 7 or something like that?

Back