• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 1 Discussion Thread

Shang Tsung, quanchi, and Shan Kahn and bi Han and sektor

Along with that guy I don’t know his name but In mk11 he’s shown in erron’s opening as a severed head

Those are pure evil but who else is?

I'll admit, I'm interested in making a Ghostface profile
He's mine grrrr
af61e370-9092-445a-8dd0-36bb557f8486

Most importantly, who is under the mask? Heck, is it even a mask actually? Or some sort of weird incarnation of the idea of Ghostface?
Ghostface is kinda like an evil Spider-Man. Anyone could be under the mask. There are roughly 12 canon ones within the Scream series to choose from. Dead By Daylight made an OC due to not getting the rights to the Scream films, but rather just the mask.

Could be a canon one, an OC, or an MK character wearing the mask

So Sektor trailer dropped for Khaos Reigns and we get some cool stuff
  • WWII Johnny is straight up in the trailer so it seems the leaks are legit
  • Sektor seems super fond of Bi-Han here which is kinda neat, wonder if there’s a romantic element bere
  • Khameleon shows up more and has dialogue so we might get a profile for her
  • Sektor’s fatality is wild and we have some fire potential feats
    • She travels from ground level to orbit super quickly (this has to be double digit Mach speeds since she appears to hits escape velocity)
    • She resists the vaccuum of space seemingly, allowing it to freeze Ermac but is unaffected herself
    • She visibly parts clouds (which might be worth a calc)
    • She then reversed her descent, catching fire and is visibly unaffected by the re-entry heat
    • She creates a huge crater with the other dude and is fine after this
Depending on how we take Fatals and her showings in the narrative, this could be a really good upgrade for the New Era cast and gives Sektor some fun resistances to

• Heat and Fire
  • Cosmic Radiation
  • Cold and Ice Manipulation
We know for a fact that Khameleon and Cyrax fight her so I’m kinda betting she’ll be on a similar wave length as the other general fighters meaning we could get upgrades for most of the cast. Her speed would likely just be movement/flight speed though unless we get something else.

Last edited:
So Sektor trailer dropped for Khaos Reigns and we get some cool stuff
  • WWII Johnny is straight up in the trailer so it seems the leaks are legit
  • Sektor seems super fond of Bi-Han here which is kinda neat, wonder if there’s a romantic element bere
  • Khameleon shows up more and has dialogue so we might get a profile for her
  • Sektor’s fatality is wild and we have some fire potential feats
    • She travels from ground level to orbit super quickly (this has to be double digit Mach speeds since she appears to hits escape velocity)
    • She resists the vaccuum of space seemingly, allowing it to freeze Ermac but is unaffected herself
    • She then reversed her descent, catching fire and is visibly unaffected by the re-entry heat
Depending on how we take Fatals and her showings in the narrative, this could be a really good upgrade for the New Era cast and gives Sektor some fun resistances to

• Heat and Fire
  • Cosmic Radiation
  • Cold and Ice Manipulation
We know for a fact that Khameleon and Cyrax fight her so I’m kinda betting she’ll be on a similar wave length as the other general fighters meaning we could get upgrades for most of the cast. Her speed would likely just be movement/flight speed though unless we get something else.
She has an orbital laser too just so you know

Sektor’s fatality is wild and we have some fire potential feats
I don't think she really parted the clouds, as the dark seems to be the soot of her engine blackening them.
The crater could be cool but I can already eyeball it to not go beyond wall level. Maybe if there is any metallic stage and she leaves the same scorching marks it might be worthy more.
Anyway, the previous trailer shows what seem Sektor's missiles destroy a gate with a huge explosion, so that might be worthy something, if other characters are shown to be able to withstand them outside of gameplay alone.

Portal stuff, clone stuff, pure energy (with that sickly glow green taint that gives him more of an undead vibe)

Also, is it me or MK1's direction is just super stunning. Like, the way it's shot, the designs (even if I don't necessarily like all of them), this is really beautiful

Portal stuff, clone stuff, pure energy (with that sickly glow green taint that gives him more of an undead vibe)

Also, is it me or MK1's direction is just super stunning. Like, the way it's shot, the designs (even if I don't necessarily like all of them), this is really beautiful
I'm loving most if not all of it, one thing that rly made MK1 feel new is the flashy VFX combined with the unique visual quality, back then I didn't like how MK was the fighting game with lots of powers and tech that get more creative with each game, but the VFX like the trails of energy or elemental powers from their moves look so damn weak (looking at you MK11) which made it more annoying when the VFX looked better in animations outside of gameplay like the intros and victory poses, so why couldn't they make the gameplay look visually vibrant like its peers in fighting games

So when I saw MK1 the VFX was the 1st thing i noticed, and let's not forget the animations, still has the typical Midway/NRS jank (it's super apparent in guest characters like homander and pissmaker) but I like how they at least make up for it with the creativity of powers and using distinct fighting styles for each character, especially the new Liu Kang, Kenshi, and Ermac (at the top of my head) who I really dig

You could message any calc group member you know directly, but i have some corrections in the comment i left on this blog

Actually it looks like they saw it and changed the calc now, all that's left is approval

Also i tried getting a really good feat by Kenshi and Jerrod-Ermac to be calced but there's no one taking it on yet

Last edited:
Question, we don't have a profile of Jhony from the original line, but in Armageddon it is said that Jhony managed to subdue Shinnok

Unfortunately for Johnny he did that in his dream iirc
or if you hear a question, how do we climb to shinnok with the jinsen, if I'm not mistaken, it was comparable to cetrion without jinsen or not. Apart from some dialogues, it is clear that jhony and cassie are at a similar level, so we climb to jhony to cassie green mode and shinnok with Jinsen

I must be the party pooper here and say I don't believe these calcs are useful for general AP.
Scorpion's fire is just fire, while the energy of the heat is indeed there, it doesn't count as striking force.
The tree just died when deprived of the souls, it's more a matter of life/death magic, there's not enough evidence to say these souls carried the literal amount of joule and nourish the trees in such a scientific way, tbh.
The destruction of Seido is once again a single, über powerful spell bearing unprecedented strength even for Rain himself and surely doesn't scale to his standard magic splashes, let alone his punches.

No, because that would be resistance to heat, kinda like a flamethrower packing 9-C levels of energy but not having any blunt force, stuff like that.
I know Scorpion's fireballs bear some kind of impact force, but that wouldn't apply either, as the calc is for the heat they produce, not the physical force they somehow carry.

Looks like I need to learn how to calc things that aren't explosions...

I should replay the game and keep an eye out, but the feats I remember being interesting are;

• Sindel's scream breaking a ceiling (9-B)
  • Reptile's KE for his body slam (9-C or 9-B)
  • Shang Tsung breaking a wall (9-B)
  • Raiden, Quan-Chi, and Shang Tsung breaking portal frames (Probably just 9-B when divided by 3)

I mean, the calc is ok and everything, because that's still energy after all, it's common for several profiles to have separate tiers for heat emissions.

Ok, I rewatched some stuff, here are some noteworthy feats;

9-B seems consistent, but that boulder breaking feat seems neat. 9-A may be possible

Back